Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

Hello everyone! This is my first post on my humble T-blog. :)

I'm starting renovation soon and getting KEYS on the 10th of Dec! Been waiting for over 6 months for the whole flat transaction to be done so I can't wait!

I have a personal blog which I documented my journey in the transaction of the house so pop by, say hi and take a look.

I won't go into the boring details on house hunting and share with you guys here my renovation journey experience. :)

Let's BEGIN.........!! :horse:

.... with a look at my floor plan :D

floor%20plan.png

Edited by zirhk3355

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello everyone! This is my first post on my humble T-blog. :)

I'm starting renovation soon and getting KEYS on the 10th of Dec! Been waiting for over 6 months for the whole flat transaction to be done so I can't wait!

I have a personal blog which I documented my journey in the transaction of the house so pop by, say hi and take a look.

I won't go into the boring details on house hunting and share with you guys here my renovation journey experience. :)

Let's BEGIN.........!! :horse:

.... with a look at my floor plan :D

floor%20plan.png

welcome annjoy...

enjoy this t-blog sessions and looking towards your new house transformation.

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Thanks momo and reddevil!! :)

BTW, does anybody know how to edit the title and description of this T-blog? I wanne edit it but dunno how! :/

Edited by annjoy

Here's a post to share my ID searching process:

Getting into the customer mode really makes me cringe at how fickle customers are privileged to be.

I go to company A and speak with the salesperson on renovation and halfway through our conversation, I would have made up my mind about him/her/the company.

And when I step out of the office, I already know if I will be coming back here again.

Just like that.

If I don't like that mole on your face, I can easily let that be a reason and give the contract to someone else.

Or if you don't follow up with a call, I can brush you off easily because there are so many more out there to choose from.

The interior design/renovation industry is definitely competitive in Singapore.

Me being me, I spent time and effort to meet up with close to 15 interior design firms. Here's the list of them:

1) * Interior Design

2) The Interior Place

3) *** Interior Design

4) Ideal House

5) *****

6) Renozone

7) Everlink Renovation

8) Zhi Seng Renovation

9) Beng Fong Renovation

10) Violet Interior

11) Darwin Interior

12) Home Guide

13) Some firm in IMM

14) One more firm in IMM

15) A firm near Koven MRT

So yea there you go! I actually went to 15 different companies and compared reputation, materials, online/friends feedback, rapport with interior designer, and most importantly, costing.

It's a cruel cruel world out there.

I wasn't going to settle for anything without knowing the full picture. So I went out there and spent countless hours reading up online, talking to different IDs and participated in online forums.

In the end, after 4 months of intensive research, I finally narrowed down to 2 firms - *** Interior Design and Ideal House.

The person I dealt with in *** Interior Design is CL. She is a bubbly person and her enthusiasm and confidence for the job is very infectious. Her confidence and constant assurance also made me feel that she could be trusted to do the job and do it well. Her quotation is not the lowest, nor is it the highest. *** is also reputed to be a more design-led company as well. CL has 8 years of experience in the industry. She is also the godsis of a friend.

The one I met with in Ideal House is JY. He's a very easy going guy. Careless in his quotation description but a fault he is quick to admit and amend. Ideal House is very much raved about in www.renotalk.com There are countless good reviews about the company and the IDs in the company. During the second meeting I had with him, he displayed willingness to think out of the box to solve my storage problems. That was quite a trait that was sorely missing in many of the IDs I met.

I had to make a decision. I only have one house. I only need one ID.

So who will it be?

CL or JY?

I will explain why I chose who I chose in my next post

Congrates on ur new home! :D 10th Dec is just afew days away. Soon the keys will be jangling happily in ur hands. :P

INDEED! :D Can't wait la! 6 months already! Hehehe!

Take a look at my common room toilet's door. SUPER OLD SCHOOL HOR! Haha

P230709_195901.jpg

Some information about the place, it's 22 years old. Only ever had 1 owner before. So the whole place is like original condition. :/ Got to spend more money on RENO!

Oh yes, SITEX 2009 is happening this weekend! Anybody going for electronics? I wonder if I should buy a TV there!

I see that u need to do a lot of reno work from the slide show. Even the toilet ceiling. All the best for the reno work.

I believe there would be good deal for TV. It usually does. I bought my TV just recently. I should have waited for sitex :( :( :(

Take a look at my common room toilet's door. SUPER OLD SCHOOL HOR! Haha

P230709_195901.jpg

Some information about the place, it's 22 years old. Only ever had 1 owner before. So the whole place is like original condition. :/ Got to spend more money on RENO!

Oh yes, SITEX 2009 is happening this weekend! Anybody going for electronics? I wonder if I should buy a TV there!

aiyo....really terok mann....anyway, good for total major reno.....hack hack hack....all hack lor....waiting for your new transformation!

Cheers!

:yamseng: