Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have anyone had mordaunt short before?

MS is good. Their best selling MS Genie is an option you can look at. As long as you steer away from

HTiB, youre on the right track.

Cheers

MS is good. Their best selling MS Genie is an option you can look at. As long as you steer away from

HTiB, youre on the right track.

Cheers

Thx. I was so confused by the options available. Anyway the package i got comes with the MS Carnival, its an entry level system.

Thx. I was so confused by the options available. Anyway the package i got comes with the MS Carnival, its an entry level system.

Carnival 1,2 or 6? What AVR did you paired with?

Cheers

After spending about 2 months auditioning and research finally bought my system.

Denon 2310 with Wharfedale 10.1, 10CC, 10 SR and velodyne CHT8Q Sub.

Now I'm concerned about my new house I'll be moving in a couple of months. The living room is only 3.3 meter (TV to Sofa) by 4.5 meter. Is it good enough for setting up the system? Can anyone help?

Edited by sarathig

After spending about 2 months auditioning and research finally bought my system.

Denon 2310 with Wharfedale 10.1, 10CC, 10 SR and velodyne CHT8Q Sub.

Now I'm concerned about my new house I'll be moving in a couple of months. The living room is only 3.3 meter (TV to Sofa) by 4.5 meter. Is it good enough for setting up the system? Can anyone help?

The sub will more than enough to compensate any deficiency. Turn the volume lower, you dont want to scare your neighbors.

Cheers

This afternoon I tested the Denon 2310 with Tangent Evo E34 standing speakers and E24 Center Speakers with Mission MS-Cube Subwoofer... Sounded okay to me... was quoted about $3000 for everything... oh the rear will be in-ceiling earthquake speakers...

Any feedback or comment for this setup? Thanks in advance.

This afternoon I tested the Denon 2310 with Tangent Evo E34 standing speakers and E24 Center Speakers with Mission MS-Cube Subwoofer... Sounded okay to me... was quoted about $3000 for everything... oh the rear will be in-ceiling earthquake speakers...

Any feedback or comment for this setup? Thanks in advance.

Where did u audition?

cheers

Hi,

Went down to KEC for some recommendation for my modest $2k budget :P had been following this forum & narrow down to Onkyo 607, Denon 1910 for AVR. Def Tech/Jamo speakers. We wanted satellite speakers as there's a growing 1-yr kid in the house, so floor standing is out. Was recommendated this combi,

Denon 1910 with Def Tech pro 600 series (with velodyne sub). -- $2200

As we're not really audiophiles, just some folks who wants to appreciate good sound quality, we didnt bring any CDs/DVDs for audition. Was treated to transformers movies & some Jazz numbers. Not sure is it due to the room setup, we can hear the diff quality compared to Onkyo 607/Mirage Mx setup at harvey Norman (millenia walk) ? The Onkyo/Mirage sounded more mellow when playing vocals (or hollow, not sure the terms). But both setup sounded great with movies.

Whats the diff betwn the DefTech 600 to 800 series? I did not get to hear the 800 series as I'm rushing off another appt (KEC is also pretty crowded at that time).

Any comments on this setup?

- I somewhat like the Multizone feature in Onkyo 607, anybody think so too? :)

- Should I go for 800 series?

You guys have been great source of information. :)

Hi,

Went down to KEC for some recommendation for my modest $2k budget :P had been following this forum & narrow down to Onkyo 607, Denon 1910 for AVR. Def Tech/Jamo speakers. We wanted satellite speakers as there's a growing 1-yr kid in the house, so floor standing is out. Was recommendated this combi,

Denon 1910 with Def Tech pro 600 series (with velodyne sub). -- $2200

As we're not really audiophiles, just some folks who wants to appreciate good sound quality, we didnt bring any CDs/DVDs for audition. Was treated to transformers movies & some Jazz numbers. Not sure is it due to the room setup, we can hear the diff quality compared to Onkyo 607/Mirage Mx setup at harvey Norman (millenia walk) ? The Onkyo/Mirage sounded more mellow when playing vocals (or hollow, not sure the terms). But both setup sounded great with movies.

Whats the diff betwn the DefTech 600 to 800 series? I did not get to hear the 800 series as I'm rushing off another appt (KEC is also pretty crowded at that time).

Any comments on this setup?

- I somewhat like the Multizone feature in Onkyo 607, anybody think so too? :)

- Should I go for 800 series?

You guys have been great source of information. :)

Krystel Hi

Congratulations for setting yourself apart from the rest. I can assure you by investing in a proper HTS, it will do wonders if youre into

muisc listening or movie watching.

KEC recommendation of Denon 1910 + DefTech600 + Velodyne (I assume its the CHT8Q series) = value for money.

DefTech800 offers better performance but you may have to upgrade your receiver. Stick within your budget & get what KEC

recommends.

Onkyo receivers are solid (not the Mirage speakers) esp the 876, 707 amplifiers. Go on & decide what your ears enjoys.

Btw, get a better sub woofer CABLE to compliment the superb Velodyne sub.

Cheers

Edited by vicenzo70

Hi Krystel, you are right, the mirage system does sound more hollow because of their dispersion technology. Pardon my terms, am not an audiophile.

Jamo A102 has pretty decent reviews for it's price level- http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Jamo-A102HCS5/

But bro Vicenzo is right, after auditioning the Jamo Vs DT Procinema 600 at KEC today, the Jamo's CMI. Don't get me wrong, they were good for the money one would have to pay but the DT's sound reproduction was much crisper and clearer, esp. vocals. Sigh... despite the price diff, am gonna put down a deposit for the DT's.