Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Krystel Hi

Congratulations for setting yourself apart from the rest. I can assure you by investing in a proper HTS, it will do wonders if youre into

muisc listening or movie watching.

KEC recommendation of Denon 1910 + DefTech600 + Velodyne (I assume its the CHT8Q series) = value for money.

DefTech800 offers better performance but you may have to upgrade your receiver. Stick within your budget & get what KEC

recommends.

Onkyo receivers are solid (not the Mirage speakers) esp the 876, 707 amplifiers. Go on & decide what your ears enjoys.

Btw, get a better sub woofer CABLE to compliment the superb Velodyne sub.

Cheers

Bro vicenzo70, which AV compliments well with th DefTech 800 series? The Onkyo 607? What sub cable should I get ? I may have the $ to stretch my budget especially my WAF index had risen quite abit after the audition ;) We're looking to enjoy this setup for a long run as may not have opportunity to upgrade often.

I'll probably go down again to audit the Onkyo. Anybody knows KEC off-peak times ? :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Krystel, you are right, the mirage system does sound more hollow because of their dispersion technology. Pardon my terms, am not an audiophile.

Jamo A102 has pretty decent reviews for it's price level- http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Jamo-A102HCS5/

But bro Vicenzo is right, after auditioning the Jamo Vs DT Procinema 600 at KEC today, the Jamo's CMI. Don't get me wrong, they were good for the money one would have to pay but the DT's sound reproduction was much crisper and clearer, esp. vocals. Sigh... despite the price diff, am gonna put down a deposit for the DT's.

Yes, we listened to the Jamo first time at HN (Millenia Walk), we're quite impressed UNTIL we listened to the mirage mx at the other end of the room. We dropped Jamo from our list when we audited the DefTech. Blown away we are :dribble: (yoda tone, ummm). You're right about the clearity esp the vocals. We wanted to try more CDs but 1 uncle came in to vaccum the room mid-way :furious: cutting our session short. haiz.

Jamo is good as well but if budget permits, DT would be a more sounding choice.

Bro vicenzo70, which AV compliments well with th DefTech 800 series? The Onkyo 607? What sub cable should I get ? I may have the $ to stretch my budget especially my WAF index had risen quite abit after the audition ;) We're looking to enjoy this setup for a long run as may not have opportunity to upgrade often.

I'll probably go down again to audit the Onkyo. Anybody knows KEC off-peak times ? :rolleyes:

Get better Amplifiers like the Onkyo 876 or 707 or the Yamaha 1065, if choosing Pro800. But their prices are from $1k - 1.5K.

If not the Pr600 will do the job just fine. You may want to opt for a better center speaker, eg DT's Mythos range.

Off peak should be 2pm at KEC. If i have time, I'll pop over sometimes to see what new equipments they bring in & test.

Cheers

Hi,

Went down to KEC for some recommendation for my modest $2k budget :P had been following this forum & narrow down to Onkyo 607, Denon 1910 for AVR. Def Tech/Jamo speakers. We wanted satellite speakers as there's a growing 1-yr kid in the house, so floor standing is out. Was recommendated this combi,

Denon 1910 with Def Tech pro 600 series (with velodyne sub). -- $2200

May i know who you spoke to offered this price? KEC said no way they could give me this price?

May i know who you spoke to offered this price? KEC said no way they could give me this price?

Bro Pro600 at $2.2K possible (own installation). Pro800 package is already at $2.6K.

Maybe the Velo sub is a used model.

Cheers

Hi..

I am a newbie.. I plan to buy def tech ProCinema 800 but will upgrade the front L/R speakers to ProMonitor 1000.

I am 50% movie / 50% music (include concert). Went to audition VCD and Bu-ray. Prefer the sound coming from ProMonitor 1000.

Do i need to upgrade the sub Velodyne CHT8Q series?

Please advise and comment on any amp matching to the above:

E.g.:

1. Denon ; which model and why..

2. Onkyo ; which model and why..

Appreciate any replies that would help.. :D

Hi..

I am a newbie.. I plan to buy def tech ProCinema 800 but will upgrade the front L/R speakers to ProMonitor 1000.

I am 50% movie / 50% music (include concert). Went to audition VCD and Bu-ray. Prefer the sound coming from ProMonitor 1000.

Do i need to upgrade the sub Velodyne CHT8Q series?

Please advise and comment on any amp matching to the above:

E.g.:

1. Denon ; which model and why..

2. Onkyo ; which model and why..

Appreciate any replies that would help.. :D

Bro

Both Denon & Onkyo receivers are solid. If youre upgrading your Pro800 system, I suggest you also upgrade your CENTER speaker to compliment

the superb PtoMonitor series. The center speaker takes center stage in the whole of HTS set up as dialouge comes almost 80% from it.

I suggest you go & audition out Denon2310 or Onkyo 7XX or 8xx series & hear for yourself. We cant tell you which amp is good except yourself.

Some like warm sound & some like bright sound & some like mellow sound. Its all up to individual's choices.

As for the sub, if you have additional budget, go audition the SVS sub or maybe upgrade the Velodyne to the Minivee series.

It'll do justice to your system but will create havoc for your neighbors.

Cheers

Bro

Both Denon & Onkyo receivers are solid. If youre upgrading your Pro800 system, I suggest you also upgrade your CENTER speaker to compliment

the superb PtoMonitor series. The center speaker takes center stage in the whole of HTS set up as dialouge comes almost 80% from it.

I suggest you go & audition out Denon2310 or Onkyo 7XX or 8xx series & hear for yourself. We cant tell you which amp is good except yourself.

Some like warm sound & some like bright sound & some like mellow sound. Its all up to individual's choices.

As for the sub, if you have additional budget, go audition the SVS sub or maybe upgrade the Velodyne to the Minivee series.

It'll do justice to your system but will create havoc for your neighbors.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply..

Do you mean upgrade from ProCenter 1000 to ProCenter 2000?

May you explain on the Cons of the ProSub 800 which include in the ProCinema 800? Why do we need to upgrade the sub to compliment the ProMonitor 800 Satellites speakers?

Do you think ProSub 1000 is on par with SVS sub? I don't know how does SVS sub look like, hence i don't know how does it match with the speakers. (ProCinema 800 system come with ProSub 800)

Sorry that i asked 3 Qs in a row.. ;)

One great reason of buying Def Tech ProCinema is i am able to buy 2 BLACK Front L/F speakers and 2 WHITE Rear F/L speakers. The WHITE speakers will match to the WHITE wall. My intention is to wall mount the Rear F/L speakers with a bracket so that it can tilted toward the sofa area.

Is tilting of rear speakers toward the sofa area necessary? To have a better sound effect..

I am looking for white wall mounts if possible so that the speakers can blend to the wall.

Def Tech is selling ProMount 90. Omnimount is selling omnimount 10.0 W/C. Both look the same.

Where can i find white wall mount in Singapore??

Appreciate any reply that would help.. ;)

Thanks for the reply..

Do you mean upgrade from ProCenter 1000 to ProCenter 2000?

May you explain on the Cons of the ProSub 800 which include in the ProCinema 800? Why do we need to upgrade the sub to compliment the ProMonitor 800 Satellites speakers?

Do you think ProSub 1000 is on par with SVS sub? I don't know how does SVS sub look like, hence i don't know how does it match with the speakers. (ProCinema 800 system come with ProSub 800)

Sorry that i asked 3 Qs in a row.. ;)

#1 question- yes. Upgrade to a better center & yes maybe a Procenter2000

#2 - Ive tried Deftech sub & i find it a bit hollowed. You may want to audition with velodyne or SVS sub (ask KEC to recommend the model) & hear for yourself the difference. IMHO, DefTech subs cannot handle low bass frequency eg motor humming etc as well as the SVS or Velodyne

#3 - www.svsound.com or www.velodyne.com

Just watched terminator Salvation on Bluray. My Velo sub handled the engine humming really well. Its as if its landing near the open field opposite my block.

Cheers

cheers

Bro Pro600 at $2.2K possible (own installation). Pro800 package is already at $2.6K.

Maybe the Velo sub is a used model.

Cheers

Thanks. Didn't mean for query to come across as accusatory.

AH now advertising Denon 1610 + free Boston Accoustics speakers. worthit?

Basic receiver but still ok for entry level.

Boston A speakers, i suggest you listen to it 1st b4 buying.

My advice? - Dump it.

Cheers

hi, i need some help on choosing a set of rear surround speakers and a sub.

i got a rx-v359 yamaha avm and a pair of mirage omisat v2 satellite and a omni center speaker.

this setup will be in a masterbed room. the room is longish and has a king size bed which is taking abt half the space of the room. so roughly the room is abt 2 king sized beds length wise. thanks in advance guys!

hi, i need some help on choosing a set of rear surround speakers and a sub.

i got a rx-v359 yamaha avm and a pair of mirage omisat v2 satellite and a omni center speaker.

this setup will be in a masterbed room. the room is longish and has a king size bed which is taking abt half the space of the room. so roughly the room is abt 2 king sized beds length wise. thanks in advance guys!

What's your budget?

Cheers