Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

thanks for the advice vince! the guy at KEC (it was an elderly guy) told me they dont have 608 yet, but he told me pricing will be similar to 607, perhaps topping up abit more (he didnt say how much). if 608 and 707 are comparable in features, then mabbe it makes economic sense to get the 608! will go KEC again to find out when 608 will be in stores and how much.

Bro

Not many bluray content are in 3D format yet. Probably only the movie "Coraline" is in this format. But its a good investment for the future.

But do get a good bluray player to align the performance.

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to get the following as home audio setup. Will need help for recommendations please:

1. Definitive Tech SSA-50 Soundbar with matching Sub for main living room

2. AVR - Not sure which to get, thinking Onkyo brand. Any recommendations?

3. Polk RC6S x 2 for guest and MBR bathrooms powered by Sonos Zoneplayer120

4. Sonos Zoneplayer S5 for kitchen

5. Sonos Zoneplayer90 to be connected with AVR in living room.

Any recommendations or advice please?

Thanks!

thanks for the advice vince! the guy at KEC (it was an elderly guy) told me they dont have 608 yet, but he told me pricing will be similar to 607, perhaps topping up abit more (he didnt say how much). if 608 and 707 are comparable in features, then mabbe it makes economic sense to get the 608! will go KEC again to find out when 608 will be in stores and how much.

hey cksonic, keep us updated on the details for 608.. i'm also waiting to see if it is more worth to get the 608 than the 707..

thanks!

Hi

Dont understand your question. What recommendations are you looking for since youve already named the HTS combo?

Cheers

hi vincenzo,

actually im more concerned abt e mx5.1.. Only know bose is great for small cube speakers..

Also, hows Mx5.1 compared to Mirage nanosat 5.1?

Tks

Edited by hifi2010

hi vincenzo,

actually im more concerned abt e mx5.1.. Only know bose is great for small cube speakers..

Also, hows Mx5.1 compared to Mirage nanosat 5.1?

Tks

Small cubes speakers - DefTech, Tannoy, Monitor Audio, Anthony Gallo, Energy Take5.1. Do check out the AV shops in Adelphi.

Please do not even consider Bose.

Not too sure about Mirage speakers but as a paying consumer, do audition them before buying.

The Onkyo 608 is not out yet. Btw, will you be getting a Bluray player?

Cheers

hey cksonic, keep us updated on the details for 608.. i'm also waiting to see if it is more worth to get the 608 than the 707..

thanks!

*RED ALERT*

Ive found out from some experts why is the 707 is more expensive than the 608. the 608 only has Audyssey 2EQ while the 707 has Audyssey Multi EQ which means

the 608 dont calibrate the subwoofer!!!!! This is important as your frequency crossover may not be optimum.

You guys better wait for the 708.

Cheers

*RED ALERT*

Ive found out from some experts why is the 707 is more expensive than the 608. the 608 only has Audyssey 2EQ while the 707 has Audyssey Multi EQ which means

the 608 dont calibrate the subwoofer!!!!! This is important as your frequency crossover may not be optimum.

Cheers

wow..looks like it is really one penny, one goods. :(

sorry noob question - what is "frequency crossover"? assuming if i have purchased the 608 and gotten the KEC guys to do a one-time calibration, would that calibration remain constant? or different calibration applies for different functions e.g. movies, music, games etc?

wow..looks like it is really one penny, one goods. :(

sorry noob question - what is "frequency crossover"? assuming if i have purchased the 608 and gotten the KEC guys to do a one-time calibration, would that calibration remain constant? or different calibration applies for different functions e.g. movies, music, games etc?

Frequency Croosover is about attaining a smooth transition from the lower capabilities of your main speakers to the subwoofer. Its not easy as different location/placement of sub requires different treatment to get the optimum. Basically the receiver will calibrate the sub for you to get the sweet spot.

Cheers

haha teach me to read this thread, am more confused than before I read it!

Hi

What do you need? A proper home theater set up or just a passable audio/video system?

Budget is very important here.

Cheers

*RED ALERT*

Cheers

thanks vincenzo bro for clarifying the mystery between 608 and 707.. i think 708 will not be out so soon.. so i guess i will just go for 707 then!

*RED ALERT*

Cheers

any idea wats the price difference between 707 and 608?? and when is 708 coming in??

any idea wats the price difference between 707 and 608?? and when is 708 coming in??

read that 708 will only be announced in august, which means that it will only be available earliest towards the end of the year if nothing goes wrong.. can you wait?

i can't as my house will be ready by next month, so will go with 707 then..

read that 708 will only be announced in august, which means that it will only be available earliest towards the end of the year if nothing goes wrong.. can you wait?

i can't as my house will be ready by next month, so will go with 707 then..

dun think can wait tat long...

Not sure about the price of 608 but the 707 is going for $1,120.00 let us know if anyone can get the 707 at an even cheaper price.

Ive earmarked to get the 707 but need to sell my current receiver 1st.

Cheers