Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wolflet

Our Humble Abode

don't worry, it won't be a problem since you are using a bathtub :)

u r right!!! if got bathtub...dan no worries la...just use black tiles!!! :rofl::rofl:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow you use Jiff to scrub floor? i only use it to clean extrememly stained pots :D

[/quo

:D use alittle dot :P

went down to hafary today and did some last min changes to kitchen and bathroom wall tiles. changed bathroom tiles from rough to smooth surface. easier maintenance.

can't wait for the reno to start tomorrow morning.

Edited by wolflet

Groundbreaking today.

The kitchen floor was completely demolished by day end. feel the progress is a little slow.

img3375k.jpg

img3374j.jpg

img3373hh.jpg

more haste, less speed.

take it slow n stick accordingly to schedule.

true. but today, suddenly the workers got a boost or something. almost took out the entire place in 1 day.

Main Entrance

IMG_3387.JPG

Living Room

IMG_3386.JPG

Kitchen

IMG_3376.JPG

Common Bath

IMG_3379.JPG

Balcony

IMG_3385.JPG

Last day of hacking is over, went up to see the place at 6+ and the entire place is completely demolished. :D

Common Bath

IMG_3389.JPG

MBR

IMG_3390.JPG

Bedroom 2

IMG_3390.JPG

Bedroom 3

IMG_3392.JPG

Master Bath

IMG_3394.JPG

Tomorrow they will be bringing in the goods and also clearing the debris. Apparently they missed out the cornices in the bedrooms, reminded my ID to get them to remove it tomorrow.

Some updates, tiling works in kitchen/bathrooms more or less done, hopefully should be completed by the time i go to inspect later on.

Wiring is up 2 days ago, and aircon piping will be installed today.

Should be going up to take some photos to post at lunchtime.

New purchases this week

Astone AP300 Media Centre

SMC 16 port gigabit switch

TP-Link wireless G router (to replace the dlink dir 655 which i intend to bring over to the new place)

All grabbed from PC Show. ;)

Updates on the renovation:

Tiling works almost done, wall tiles in kitchen and bathrooms are on hold pending window replacement which is being carried out today.

Floor tiles currently done in both bathrooms and living room. left 3 bedrooms and kitchen.

Aircon piping and electrical works completed.

Tentatively, tiling should be completed this week and next week will be plastering and ceiling works.

Some pics i took today

IMG_3467.JPG

Wall tiles completed less area around the windows

IMG_3468.JPG

Bathroom floor tiles with slight drop in shower area

IMG_3463.JPG

Kitchen wall tiles and hollow block wall to segregate laundry area

IMG_3465.JPG

Electrical cabling and bunch of network cables terminating at to be network cabinet

(Notice the conduit for opennet)

IMG_3495.JPG

Gigantic aircon trunking due to 1/2" insulation

Hi Wolflet,

Any problem with your ID and in getting reno loan since it is not a HDB approved contractor?How do you find their service so far?

Hi Wolflet,

Any problem with your ID and in getting reno loan since it is not a HDB approved contractor?How do you find their service so far?

non-hdb contractor will have the necessary papers to apply for a hdb permit via proxy, so no problem at all.

my loan with rhb was pretty straightforward, 1 annoying thing is that they charge $10 for each chq (except for the 1st) *ouch

Hi Wolflet,

nvr take reno loan. so i dunno the process. and they got the renovation permit thru their "sister company".

so far so good. the ID was prompt in answering my queries. no major hiccups as of now (cross fingers)

nvr take reno loan. so i dunno the process. and they got the renovation permit thru their "sister company".

so far so good. the ID was prompt in answering my queries. no major hiccups as of now (cross fingers)

Thanks Wolflet, I am using the same company,not the same ID though. Read some horror stories of not HDB approved contractors but I was referred to the company by a friend. So I guess am seeking some assuarance that am making a right choice.

Ceiling works completed. Plaster walls almost fully done. Tiling completed. Doing up plumbing tomorrow and also carpentry measurements.

IMG_3546.JPG

Entrance kerb

IMG_3545.JPG

Conduit for opennet

IMG_3544.JPG

Plaster wall for switches

IMG_3543.JPG

Common Toilet Entrance

IMG_3541.JPG

Common Toilet