Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigeyedfish

Second Time Lucky

Moved-in headaches

1) Water pressure is so small and contractor said that's the maximum we can go. I don't know what's the cause of the problem.

2) My sink is leaking. Not sure whether it's the plumbing or the Critzo sink.

3) Gas heater is not working properly. It only turns on when the mixer is at the maximum 'hot' side and then it'ld be too hot. If we put the mixer in between, the water turns cold. Really pity my kids cos they have to bathe at 7am before going to school and the water's either too hot or too cold. Must resort to boiling water for them.

I didn't have such problems with my previous house.

Live in photos

4345551009_94d4aee319.jpg

Boys' room not fully done up yet.

4345551859_ba69d04e7f.jpg

Living and balcony all cleaned up by Mr Husband. Ample space for the boys' toys, 2 kids' bicycles and the man's 2 bicycles.

4346294136_4d6b4008b6.jpg

View from our room. Morning scenery that greeted me.

hey bigeyed...

sure hv some hiccpus lah abt those undone/headache matters... :( ...take it easy lah.....sure settle lor......

wahaa.. :good: ............at least your hse now looks swee swee leh...... :good: ......so refreshing...especially the morning greetings view.....all ready & spiced-up for CNY celebrations.. :good: ..????

Wishing you & family a Prosperous Lunar New Year 2010..... :deal: ........HHuuuuaaaat ah !!!!

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Moved-in headaches

1) Water pressure is so small and contractor said that's the maximum we can go. I don't know what's the cause of the problem.

2) My sink is leaking. Not sure whether it's the plumbing or the Critzo sink.

3) Gas heater is not working properly. It only turns on when the mixer is at the maximum 'hot' side and then it'ld be too hot. If we put the mixer in between, the water turns cold. Really pity my kids cos they have to bathe at 7am before going to school and the water's either too hot or too cold. Must resort to boiling water for them.

I didn't have such problems with my previous house.

1) water pressure is due to the piping diameter. can't really give you any suggestions on this without knowing the plumbing layout. if you don't want to redo the piping, another way would be to buy those small sized instant heaters (storage heater would not have issues with low pressure)

2) could be the plumbing or the sink. if you want to know which is at fault, try this. turn off the main water supply, drain all the water from your sink into a pail. dry up your sink, above and below. make sure it's totally dry, pour the water from the pail back into the sink (with the stopper down) till the sink is half full (or half empty if you're a pessimist :P) wait an hour, observe for leaking for up to 1 hour. leaky sink is very problematic as it can destroy your base cabinets over time. better to fix it asap.

3) better call the gas heater supplier fast to see how this can be resolved. maybe the heater can't detect the water at low pressure.

but look at the bright side, your house is so clean :) mine is in a huge mess still

1) water pressure is due to the piping diameter. can't really give you any suggestions on this without knowing the plumbing layout. if you don't want to redo the piping, another way would be to buy those small sized instant heaters (storage heater would not have issues with low pressure)

2) could be the plumbing or the sink. if you want to know which is at fault, try this. turn off the main water supply, drain all the water from your sink into a pail. dry up your sink, above and below. make sure it's totally dry, pour the water from the pail back into the sink (with the stopper down) till the sink is half full (or half empty if you're a pessimist :P) wait an hour, observe for leaking for up to 1 hour. leaky sink is very problematic as it can destroy your base cabinets over time. better to fix it asap.

3) better call the gas heater supplier fast to see how this can be resolved. maybe the heater can't detect the water at low pressure.

but look at the bright side, your house is so clean :) mine is in a huge mess still

The piping starts from the riser and riser is located furthest from the kitchen and bathrooms. The only part where pressure is not a problem is my laundry sink. Very wierd. Plumber is gonna take a look at the sink after CNY. My sink comes with bigger holes for waste. Not sure if the problem comes from there. Already called up citygas and they're coming down tomorrow to check. Hope this can be resolved fast.

Ossify, clean house must be credited to my husband. He took leave to clean up. The only messy room now is the study room because we have not bought shelves.

Your morning view is nicee! I don't have any such morning view to look forward to. :). Looking at my wife when I wake up will be the best view. :)

Edited by Mickey M

Your morning view is nicee! I don't have any such morning view to look forward to. :). Looking at my wife when I wake up will be the best view. :)

MM, u got a sweet tongue...your wife will be very happy to read your comments about her... :D

wah... so sweet.. must show my hubby tis comment.. lolx..

Wow Mickey,

U know how to make yr wife happi happi, must let her see this hor! :D

MM, u got a sweet tongue...your wife will be very happy to read your comments about her... :D

wah... so sweet.. must show my hubby tis comment.. lolx..

Awwwww!!

Wow Mickey,

U know how to make yr wife happi happi, must let her see this hor! :D

Hee. :)

Hee. :)

Mickey paisey liao :D

Anyway more complains regarding my reno.

Raised concern to contractor but must wait till after CNY for them to look into it.

Contractor supposed to remove door closer for main door. Didn't know they actually schedule it with the drilling of my household items after cny. So just now, the arm of the door closer suddenly dropped and chipped my timber strip flooring. Luckily my kids were no where near the door. Imagine if it had fallen onto their heads instead. Anyway, luckily when I called, they said they will arrange for the parquet guy to come as well.

My mother came to visit just now while I was about to keep my newly bought pans. She commented why there were white flakes on my pans (pans are black right so the white flakes were quite obvious). I was surprised too. My mom peered into the cabinet and told me the upper part of my cabinet was not laminated. It was raw wood and the flakes were falling from it. I am actually quite pissed cos this is considered shoddy. Cabinets in my old house were fully laminated in and out. My mom's 12 years old cabinets are laminated in and out. How can they give me exposed wood. Called site manager, he said must verify whether it is supposed to be included in my quotation. I was like wth. My husband called boss and he said it was supposed to be like that. We said it is not acceptable and he said he'll come down after cny holidays to take a look.

Tell me whether you will accept this kind of work. I definitely won't because my previous home cabinet which was cheaper was definitely better in quality. My fault for not checking earlier because I thought it would be laminated.

4353704034_7466f375d3.jpg

The top part of all bottom cabinets are exposed wood.

4352957863_bf093519b8.jpg

Under the sink. If the sink continues leaking, wouldn't this be perfect for termites?

4353702164_fb0234a63f.jpg

Barely 1 week old and I already have a leaking sink

4353704912_de97142955.jpg

Luckily top cabinets are all fully laminated

Btw, Happy Lunar New Yr to all. My apologies for posting not so nice things.

wow this standard is worse than ikea :P

worse than my DIY standard too :o

if they can't fix it, please remember to spray clear spray on it or water will infiltrate and you will have bubbling under your laminates.

Hi ericmar, not really lei. My hse has completed reno. Don't know what more to update.

Anyway, my contractor has rectified sink problem and parquet scratches. Now left with the kitchen cabinet. The under the sink part they said can be covered but not the ones under solid top. Im still waiting. Everytime I have to call and ask, getting lazy already.

However must thank contractor for helping me put up curtain rods, pictures, clocks, mirror foc.

Ok uploading before and after pics of my home. Will most probably be the last update here heh unless I do more changes to my home.

4407851658_71738beac0.jpg4407838306_56e12697a6.jpg

The service balcony

4407853144_5160c0dc9f.jpg4407058089_76aff5b2b5.jpg

Walkway and kitchen entrance.