Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

Citygas Water Heater,anyone Using?pls Advise

Hi,

I am about to place order for City Gas Water Heater.. but just heard sharing that City Gas Water Heater no good, it required battery, esp each time it ignites,so the battery power finishes very fast. One have to change battery often inorder to enjoy the warm water facility.. : ( Is it true?

Any kind soulPls help to advise asap!!!

Anyone has been using this, can share the experience??

Need to decide very soon to purchase.

Thanks!

Edited by doremon2009

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I am about to place order for City Gas Water Heater.. but just heard sharing that City Gas Water Heater no good, it required battery, esp each time it ignites,so the battery power finishes very fast. One have to change battery often inorder to enjoy the warm water facility.. : ( Is it true?

Any kind soulPls help to advise asap!!!

Anyone has been using this, can share the experience??

Need to decide very soon to purchase.

Thanks!

Hi.

Did you install ? Appreciate kind soul to share your experience pls..... Big thank you !

http://www.citygas.com.sg/waterheater/index.htm

Hi.

Did you install ? Appreciate kind soul to share your experience pls..... Big thank you !

http://www.citygas.com.sg/waterheater/index.htm

Hi,

To reply you..

Nope, we didn't install Citygas water heater in the end.

Heard feedback from others that it's not good as there is need to use batteries.. sharing that need to replaced batteries very often turn up to be more expensive in the end.. some more got gas smell whenever it is on..

Personally never use so can't really comment from real experience on this.

Decided to drop this cos we recieve gift of 1 set of instand heater.. so not to waste it nor spend too much and reduce further hassle of running the piping for storage heater.. we decided to use instand heater for both bathrooms instead, so only need to buy 1 set.

Hi,

To reply you..

Nope, we didn't install Citygas water heater in the end.

Heard feedback from others that it's not good as there is need to use batteries.. sharing that need to replaced batteries very often turn up to be more expensive in the end.. some more got gas smell whenever it is on..

Personally never use so can't really comment from real experience on this.

Decided to drop this cos we recieve gift of 1 set of instand heater.. so not to waste it nor spend too much and reduce further hassle of running the piping for storage heater.. we decided to use instand heater for both bathrooms instead, so only need to buy 1 set.

Hi.

Thx. for the prompt response. Looks like no forumers here install it... Better give it a miss :)

I thought citygas would be a good solution for warm water for my going-to-be-place. It's neat because you only need to have 1 heater for 2 shower points AND not based on storage water heater.

Luckily I did a check on the forum.

went to my fren's hse during cny. He demo by switching on the heater. there is a thud sound whenever u switch it on, not very loud in my view, acceptable one. One heater to 2 toilets, they got it free last time (2 years ago). Lucky people!

So far never changed battery before, so can take it that the batts can last 2 years.

Not very acceptable to people who want their kitchen sleek though as the heater cannot be put in the toilet and have 3 pipes connecting to it, so not very pleasing asthetically.

Product comparison-wise, Gas Water Heater looks much a lot better as compared to Electric Water Heater. There's risk of electric shock while bathing, increased mthly utility bills, power failure while using the heater etc. I think it comes down to these 2 main points of consideration - Cost-Savings or Aesthetics? Pay less bills and look less aesthetically pleasing? or Look more aesthetically pleasing but pay more bills?? I think i'll go for the savings in utility bills. More practical to save $$ in this case.

Or maybe anyone has any personal experiences to share pls? Thx.

went to my fren's hse during cny. He demo by switching on the heater. there is a thud sound whenever u switch it on, not very loud in my view, acceptable one. One heater to 2 toilets, they got it free last time (2 years ago). Lucky people!

So far never changed battery before, so can take it that the batts can last 2 years.

Not very acceptable to people who want their kitchen sleek though as the heater cannot be put in the toilet and have 3 pipes connecting to it, so not very pleasing asthetically.

Product comparison-wise, Gas Water Heater looks much a lot better as compared to Electric Water Heater. There's risk of electric shock while bathing, increased mthly utility bills, power failure while using the heater etc. I think it comes down to these 2 main points of consideration - Cost-Savings or Aesthetics? Pay less bills and look less aesthetically pleasing? or Look more aesthetically pleasing but pay more bills?? I think i'll go for the savings in utility bills. More practical to save $$ in this case.

Or maybe anyone has any personal experiences to share pls? Thx.

is it possible to maybe hide the heater in a cabinet? or does it have to be installed in the open?

The heater has to be in the open. Meaning, it can either be in the kitchen or in the svce balcony. HDB regulations don't allow the gas heater to be enclosed, due to poor ventilation & thus safety reasons.

is it possible to maybe hide the heater in a cabinet? or does it have to be installed in the open?

The heater has to be in the open. Meaning, it can either be in the kitchen or in the svce balcony. HDB regulations don't allow the gas heater to be enclosed, due to poor ventilation & thus safety reasons.

There goes i have cannot install liao that looks very ugly if cannot close it up using a cabinet, spend so much effort make the kitchen nice nice then one heater spoils it all man cannot cannot

There goes i have cannot install liao that looks very ugly if cannot close it up using a cabinet, spend so much effort make the kitchen nice nice then one heater spoils it all man cannot cannot

went down last week to buy the gas heater. the heater looks slim and its the size of a normal electric heater.

I am not so fuzzy about the pipes, you can check with them whether you can hide the pipes instead, it would not be very messy if you can do so.

it also depends on your kitchen layout as well, see if there is any suitable location. The savings actually turn out to be rather substantial. :)