Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Butoot

I Want To Polish My Marble Floor Again!

Hi

I engaged the services of a company to polish the marble floor of my house early this year. It was quite cheap - about $1000.

However, they don't polish the side skirting and also the staircase. The job was done by an old couple. They polished using a grinder and returned a week later to polish and so-called water-proof and seal the polished floor.

The result looks good immediately (but I still noticed some areas were not as shiny) but in less than two weeks, I find the smudges coming back again. This is despite the fact that I followed their advice to mop the floor everyday with plain water.

I guess the floor was not properly sealed? I don't know. When I first engaged the company, I was told that the polished marble would be good for quite a few years. But I found it odd that after the polishing and sealing, the couple advised me that it would be good to have the floor polished again a year later for a longer-lasting shine. Why the need?

Anyway, I have decided to get the floor polished again. But I am looking for a different company. One that is good, reliable and can keep my marble shiny for years.

If you have any good recommendation, please let me know. I want to get the job done this December holiday.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation