Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Help, Loanshark Splash Paint Last Mth

Hi to all,

Hope someone can advise.

I went for my HDB appointment and got my keys on 11 Nov.

Renovation was started almost immediately.

This morning I went up to my unit and saw some faint paint marks of green n red on the corridor floor (only my unit area).

Even some marks on the metal gate and wall.

One of the neighbours told me the seller owe Loanshark and they did this last mth.

I called the hse agent and he is not helping out at all.

Now, I am very worry the Loansharks (they may dun care that the seller have already moved) will come and splash paint of my newly on-going reno place.

Can forumers here advise me what I can do next?

Other than sit n wait for the Loansharks?

Can I report Police now and will they deal with it or do anything?

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi to all,

Hope someone can advise.

I went for my HDB appointment and got my keys on 11 Nov.

Renovation was started almost immediately.

This morning I went up to my unit and saw some faint paint marks of green n red on the corridor floor (only my unit area).

Even some marks on the metal gate and wall.

One of the neighbour told me the seller owe Loanshark and they did this last mth.

Now, I am very worry the Loansharks (dun care that the seller have already moved) will come and splash paint of my newly on-going reno place.

Can forumers here advise me what I can do next? Other than sit n wait for the Loansharks?

Inform police, check if it is your unit that owes loanshark as some loanshark now actually go disturbing neighbours so embarrass the person who took the loan... put up a super big Notice outside your door that previous owners are gone...

Inform police, check if it is your unit that owes loanshark as some loanshark now actually go disturbing neighbours so embarrass the person who took the loan... put up a super big Notice outside your door that previous owners are gone...

I have bumped into the new neigbour this morning when I went up to my new unit to see my reno, n she unwilling told me abt the Seller that owe $ n Loansharks came n splash paint, sigh....

I have just went on-line and submit a Police Report (for crime) for the paint splash fm Loansharks. Hope I am doing it correct.

Then, I called the hse agent and told him to let Seller know to change address with the Loansharks pple cos I have reported to Police already.

I am very upset with this whole resale unit with this seller, alot of unhappiness issues with them, even after handover.

I have bumped into the new neigbour this morning when I went up to my new unit to see my reno, n she unwilling told me abt the Seller that owe $ n Loansharks came n splash paint, sigh....

I have just went on-line and submit a Police Report (for crime) for the paint splash fm Loansharks. Hope I am doing it correct.

Then, I called the hse agent and told him to let Seller know to change address with the Loansharks pple cos I have reported to Police already.

I am very upset with this whole resale unit with this seller, alot of unhappiness issues with them, even after handover.

Yes, u did the right thing. On this, agent cannot help. Police can especially now when they are hunting down illegal $$ lending.

I think u will have a few months of harrassment at least unless police can nail the loansharks, usually runners.

The only thing u can do now is to lodge a police report against the seller to change his address. Even then, there's no sureway of ensuring that's done. Beats me how the police function in this sense. Anyway, there are new laws being bounced about in Parliament so hopefully that's passed asap.

As for loansharks, there's really no effective way to stop them coming back. Police usually only catch the runners which frankly is hardly the root cause. Even if you place police, hdb and whatever notices outside your door, most loansharks hardly give a hoot about it. Town council nutters can even remove these notices when it's really none of their biz. So yes, this is the painful truth of loanshark harassment in Singapore. You will need to thank your lucky stars if you find a loanshark who accepts the argument that it was the previous seller who borrowed money. They are few and far between. The new laws should be passed soon so cheer up :)

It happened to us a few weeks after we shift into our current 4 room ( 5 yrs ago ) It was cooking oil though.

1)We made a police report.

2) Police came down to take photographs because the stupid loan shark wrote the phone no in red along the staircases ( middle between top n lower unit) A police officer from a special task force for nabbing loan shark call us to followup.

3) We call the seller ( lucky we have the no. because the seller allows us to start renovation before the 2nd appointment date ) We ask if his son owes people money but he denied though he suspected it is his friend downstairs. We are not sure if he was the guarantor for friend or not ?

4)We call the loan shark, tell them we are new owners and we already made a police report and have given the police the same no. we are calling them.

5)Then for some reason, the no. of the wall on the stairs near our flat was clean up ? ( Paint over in white )

6) My dad help me write a " pleading letter in chinese " and i do a translation in english. Basically to plead to the loan sharks to chase the right people ( spare the innocent !) And imagine, the whole block who uses the stairs past by will see this notice pasted outside near our main door. We became famous overnight and get to know alot of neighbours thru this incident. What a way to make friends !

7) But we didnt hear anymore from the loan sharks. Not sure if the police manage to nab them or not.

8) Then last yr if i didnt remember wrongly, the unit directly below us genna red paint splash.

So that confirm our findings. The loan shark must have made a mistake ! It was 2nd floor they were after ! Stupid loanshark must have started counting downstairs unit as 1st level and ours 2nd ( when we stay on 3rd !!! )

Maybe you can do the same thing, paste a notice outside + the police report photocopy !

Edited by purecat

yours seems like a case of mistaken unit identity. it's a totally different story from TS. and the paintover of the scribblings was done by town council after u made the police report.

Tks for all u forumers here for sharing...

I have reported to the Police on Sat...and very fast, they came in the noon and take a look...

They then called me to tell me yes, they have seen the red n green paint marks on the corridor of my unit,

wall and main door grilles. They will put this in their system and they will patrol more to monitor.

They have also told me they have questioned my new neighbour and he has told them it was the seller that

owed the Loansharks $ and they came and splash the paint.

I then called the agent and told him to tell the seller to call and tell the Loansharks they have moved, and I have already

report to Police. I told the agent if the Police need further info, the agent have to reveal the seller contact no and

new address to me.

I began to realised now that it was no wonder... when I collected my keys fm HDB, I went up and saw the empty

hse with main door wide opened...it was cos the main door was bent and cannot closed, it must be the works of the Loansharks.

I am so stressed the last 2 days, I am in no mood to do anything and do not even want to stay in the unlucky hse any more.

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Tks for all u forumers here for sharing...

I have reported to the Police on Sat...and very fast, they came in the noon and take a look...

They then called me to tell me yes, they have seen the red n green paint marks on the corridor of my unit,

wall and main door grilles. They will put this in their system and they will patrol more to monitor.

They have also told me they have questioned my new neighbour and he has told them it was the seller that

owed the Loansharks $ and they came and splash the paint.

I then called the agent and told him to tell the seller to call and tell the Loansharks they have moved, and I have already

report to Police. I told the agent if the Police need further info, the agent have to reveal the seller contact no and

new address to me.

I began to realised now that it was no wonder... when I collected my keys fm HDB, I went up and saw the empty

hse with main door wide opened...it was cos the main door was bent and cannot closed, it must be the works of the Loansharks.

I am so stressed the last 2 days, I am in no mood to do anything and do not even want to stay in the unlucky hse any more.

Be positive! You have done what you need to do already. We were positive when it happens to us else we wont have written a pleading note without caring the embarrassment ( letting the neighours know )

The loan shark side leave to the police. Believe they will do their best to track them down. Your agent is obliged to provide the help the police need.

There is no house that stay forever unlucky, just need fengshui correction . Maybe can get a fengshui master to help ?

You have my empathy. I agree with purecat. Please stay positive, gal.

Moreover, I think the problem doesn't lie with the unit's fengshui, the problem lies more with the unit's greedy and selfish seller.

The loansharks will give up one after they know that you are not the borrower. My mum's ex-neighbour borrowed from loanshark who came to splash paint on the unit door and corridoor area after the poor buyer moved in. A month after they reported to the police, the loanshark gave up and there was no more harassment on the unit. My friend's unit was also splashed paint after their upstairs neighbour borrowed from loanshark. There was also no more harrassment after the case was reported to police.

Try to write and paste a big poster outside your unit to inform the loanshark that the seller is no longer staying there.

Edited by forgotten

I just called the agent and told him I need the seller's new address and he gave me.

Seller will moved in 1-2 mths to the new address.

I called the seller and told her to clean their act.

She told me it was her brother who borrow the $ and this brother do not stay with them at all.

Told her to tell the Loansharks and Police that. I do not wan to meddle into their affairs.

The seller hse have almost 10 sons/ daughters carrying their IC address.

If they do not change their IC address to new address, I am very scare

they will borrow more $ fm Loanshark under the IC old address.

Edited by catseyes2004sg

I just called the agent and told him I need the seller's new address and he gave me.

Seller will moved in 1-2 mths to the new address.

I called the seller and told her to clean their act.

She told me it was her brother who borrow the $ and this brother do not stay with them at all.

Told her to tell the Loansharks and Police that. I do not wan to meddle into their affairs.

The seller hse have almost 10 sons/ daughters carrying their IC address.

If they do not change their IC address to new address, I am very scare

they will borrow more $ fm Loanshark under the IC old address.

at least now u have the seller's contact no. quickly let the police know. let the police take over, am sure the police can do something to track down the loansharks.

at least now u have the seller's contact no. quickly let the police know. let the police take over, am sure the police can do something to track down the loansharks.

Give the loanshark the new address and the contact no of the person (bro/sis etc)

Work with both parties to settle your issue.

Police cannot jaga ur place for 24hrs.....

Call the loanshark up and talk to them...Cos police also had hard time locating the real loansharks..most of the time its some drop out student or foreigner doing the job....sim card no all mostly prepaid cards...can't trace and some use foreigners to buy for them.....just pay a bangla 40 bucks they register for u already using their name esp those going back home soon.

Steps u need to take

1. Remove your DOOR number

2. Loanshark need to take picture at times of the unit no they splash paint. U remove the door number, they blurr

3. Put in a fake number. Do not worry abt the mails etc.

4. Plastic wrap your door v well....after one splash jsut remove it.

5. Night time open your door. The loansharks are not crazy people.....u open the door and u talk to them....and show them your sales agreement and your ex owner address/tel no.....

6. Ask the loanshark for some referral fee for helping them out.... :)

Do hope this helps you cos my admin staff facing the same problem as you and i have advised her on this and said its better now....

Edited by kelamel

just an idea....continue with renov inside the house but leave the door and gate unchanged. Tell ur reno contractor to finish up with gate & door 3months later after the loansharks no longer harass ur unit.

Although same gate/door may give loanshark idea the debtor still stays there......but all things considered its worse if u do ur gate/door nice nice and they still splash paint on it.

Good luck, wish u all the best!

Edit: And noooo, best not to leave the door open....another tactic is actually to splash red paint INTO the house (paint bomb), they think it causes more damage!

Edited by cacabi111

just saw 1 enlarged police report in my neighbouring blk at the lift area, also kanna loansharks. You might want to try doing the same thing since currently the police are clamping down on loansharks actively recently