Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purecat

Who Pay For Lift Upgrade ?

Option Day today for our existing flat. Was told by agent that the earliest 1st appointment date is Feb / Mar.

Our existing flat lift upgrading look almost complete. Can I understand how soon the invoice will arrives?

Our agent say in one yr time ??? Dont know why but i felt doubtful.

Who will pay for the upgrading?

If we sell our flat stating that the buyer will pay but if the invoice come before the resale completion. How ?

For once, we actually hope the lift upgrading will delay completion . Lolz. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
From my understanding lift upgrading no need to pay. The funds should come from town council.

FYI, my block is under going lift upgrading.

HUH ? why dont need to pay. Did you poll your agreement ? We didnt cast any vote ( NULL ) we chose to sit on the fence. Our floor is white, it is a windy unit which we like. But because of the lift upgrade, we have to keep windows closed ( for fear of the amount of "dust" ) Yesterday just cleaned one row of windows.... 3 pail of black water !!!

And you know what, the zone RC staff, one unit one unit come knock door, try convince us to vote for it. In fact of all blocks in the same estate, all the votes are like 80%. think our block is the lowest but after door knocking still 70%.

There was a brochure that come in 4 languages, and will state by block and each unit need to pay how much.

The total costs are split by the no. of units sharing the same lift. The huge portion is paid by HDB, a small portion by town council and a small portion by flat owner.

For our flat it is about 2+k, some units think those without need for a lift shaft, only pay like 1k+

Still 2k+ is still money. So we hope we dont have to pay since we already sold.

So question is will we be billed before the resale transaction complete ?

Edited by purecat

oh i just found an interesting link

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10207p.nsf/WP...s)?OpenDocument

Do you intepret the same way as me ? Comments please .

My flat is not found in the list( of link above, currently show billing upto Mar2010 ), so that means the earliest to bill would be April 2010? However my flat is found is in the " other precinct link , so the long note below relates to the those that is in the front right and not other precinct?

Quote /

You can also view the billing status of other precincts affected by lift upgrading under LUP and IUP-Plus.

Note:

The lift upgrading cost is payable only when the upgrading works in the precinct are completed. Billing will only commence after the upgrading costs for the precinct is finalised and the flat owners' share of the upgrading cost is computed. The person who is the owner of the flat at the date of billing has to pay for the lift upgrading cost. Subject to changes by HDB, billing is not expected to take place within the next 3 months for precincts that are not listed here. /quote

Edited by purecat

The good news for the seller is that the valuation of the unit will be higher after there's lift landing at his floor level next time. Thus it's fair that the seller pays the fee for the lift upgrading.

Edited by forgotten

The good news for the seller is that the valuation of the unit will be higher after there's lift landing at his floor level next time. Thus it's fair that the seller pays the fee for the lift upgrading.

actually no. when we did the valuation , the lift is not completed for our block ( other nearby blocks already completed )

It is mentioned precisely in the report that lift is not completed at time of valuation.

But is true that after lift completed, the price will go further up. ( We know of a neighour at lift level floor , his flat same block was value $25k more than us. Now u know why lift landing is important ! Though it wont be just the lift alone, a few levels up also probably add to higher valuation also. )

However because we buy first, and we dont want to drag sales too long ( we need the cashflow ), so no choice cant wait for lift to complete then to sell. Afterall we never know if the economy may crash again ( see Dubai recent news ! .... )

actually no. when we did the valuation , the lift is not completed for our block ( other nearby blocks already completed )

It is mentioned precisely in the report that lift is not completed at time of valuation.

But is true that after lift completed, the price will go further up. ( We know of a neighour at lift level floor , his flat same block was value $25k more than us. Now u know why lift landing is important ! Though it wont be just the lift alone, a few levels up also probably add to higher valuation also. )

However because we buy first, and we dont want to drag sales too long ( we need the cashflow ), so no choice cant wait for lift to complete then to sell. Afterall we never know if the economy may crash again ( see Dubai recent news ! .... )

Paiseh there was typo in my previous post.

I actually meant "The good news for the buyer is that the valuation of the unit will be higher after there's lift landing at his floor level next time. Thus it's fair that the buyer pays the fee for the lift upgrading."

Yeah scary, the Dubai's news is a wakeup call to the global economy! Hope the economy doesn't crash again, otherwise a lot of people will lose their jobs again and fall into poverty. :( Now I already see many people begging for $$ and selling tissues at bus interchanges and MRT stations.

Edited by forgotten

hmm whoever receive the bill for LUP will pay.. When i buy my resale flat early this yr..the lift has already been completed and in use but the bill did not come until 1 mth ago..so I pay lor.. but my seller very good.. he send me a chq to pay for half of the LUP out of goodwill..

hmm whoever receive the bill for LUP will pay.. When i buy my resale flat early this yr..the lift has already been completed and in use but the bill did not come until 1 mth ago..so I pay lor.. but my seller very good.. he send me a chq to pay for half of the LUP out of goodwill..

Your seller very good.

The problem is the queue for first appointment is like 3 to 4 months away. At time of sale, the lift is really not complete and we did tell the buyer that they are suppose to pay for the lift upgrade.

I told my agent i want to get my buyer to sign a letter of idemnity that they will pay for the lift upgrade. Just in case the bill come between 1st and 2nd appointment or close to 1st appointment, so that there wont be dispute.

Will this work ?

wah..i dont know if ur method works anot..but just for ur info..

when i view unit in dec 08 lift already in use.. i received LUP bill in nov 09... since lift not completed..it will take quite some time before the bill reaches u..

The bill will come after the complete LUP for the whole area..not only ur blk..

wah..i dont know if ur method works anot..but just for ur info..

when i view unit in dec 08 lift already in use.. i received LUP bill in nov 09... since lift not completed..it will take quite some time before the bill reaches u..

The bill will come after the complete LUP for the whole area..not only ur blk..

THKS poseidon girl . So maybe what my agent say is true ? It will take a year. Best is that way. lesser chance to dispute later.

Lift on the same block (other end) is ready and in use. The one outside our unit is pending testing. The side grilles also not painted.

Same block those originally with lift landing /lift shaft need to " dig holes " and make passageway for every floor... fingers crossed those will take 1/2 yr or more.. then should be alright.