Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterfingerzz

Building A Home Together

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ok now some feedback on my ID..

first off, think ID is quite responsible n hardworking. everytime we call or email her abt something she would reply quite fast. HO was delayed by only less than a week, which we are quite thankful for.. :D also final bill from her was a little over our initial budget but cos we added a few things here n there along the way, i think it was still reasonable.. oh n ID threw in a few stuff FOC which i think is a norm wif IDs anyways but still appreciated.. (especially quite a bit of power sockets)..

our initial brief to her was we wanted a minimalist concept so everything is pretty much simple.. but when we did enquire wif her abt concepts like industrial (or a little out of the norm), think that she is not that familiar (or will be comfortable to do a project in that).. from dealings wif her, think she will very good candidate if reno concept is modern contemporary, zen, resort-balinese type, the more common concepts.. ;)

anyways, only carpentry we needed ware WIW, kitchen, study table n tv console.. so we didnt really require 3D, but she did show us perspective drawings of all the carpentry. we pretty much left to her to organize most of the things (cos that was why we hired an ID in the 1st place, cos we didnt have the time to monitor).. tiles designs we chose but left to her to lay in watever way she thinks is good for the toilets.. so we didnt have to worry much during the whole reno cos she was pretty reliable n she kept us informed whenever needed.. :thumbs up:

but the only thing i have to gripe abt is that there seemed a lot of small details that shud hv been noticed by her ( i think) b4 she HO to us.. some things i understand that owners wud only noticed once moved in but certain things like the carpentry, she shud hv kept a closer eye especially when its done inhouse. eg is quite a number of top shelves in the WIW n kitchen has some scratches n painted over to hide the defects.. but then again i cant expect her to climb up to chk every shelvings. :unsure:

maybe things like how the painters nvr really tape edges b4 they paint, so can actually see some paints on the switches, shud have been caught by her instead of us telling her.. so my guess is cos we wanted to move in almost immediately after the reno finished that she didnt really hv the time to QC b4 HO..

but the one thing i really appreciated is that even after we paid full on HO day, a couple of weeks later when we compiled a (long) list of rectifications, she got all her sub-cons to come all on the same day to rectify everything.. so m very pleased wif her after sales svc.. she still came up to monitor her sub-cons when they did the touch-ups.

so all in all i would say it was a good experience wif our ID during the whole reno.. :good:

oh n some of our rectifications had to do wif the toilet, kitchen n lightings.. ID brought us to the shops to get them. i understand that it wud have been slightly more expensive than me walking in the shops to get them (cos ID wud hv earned a cut too) but good point is from that is that my ID arranged wif Heritage n Vlux to come down to take a look at wats wrong too.. n they were quite good in replacing watever defects (eventhough some i think is not really their fault cos think it was caused by the sub-cons after the things were installed) - no questions asked.. :thumbs up:

thumbs up also for my laminates guy from Inovar.. they provided quite good after sales service too.. had them come up twice (after i paid full) to redo skirtings n t-bar - no questions asked too.. :D

Can you email your ID contact no ? which company ? how much your renovation ? include cabinet ?

How much your renovation cost ? i am staying pasir ris also

hi.. my ID is Angeline from Intradesign. u can get her contact from here : http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contacts.html

reno came up to abt $46k.. does not include the display cabinet, added tt on a few mths later wif another ID-cum-contractor...

good luck in ur reno... :D

Hi Butterfinger,

Very nice display cabinet u have there, post another of the clones when all in. Whats the cost of the display cabinet, the size of it and does it includes the lightings too?

thanks kenlim, u a star wars's fan too?

display cabinet cost about $6100, includes electrical work & lighting... its 22ft long, cant remember the depth (n cant find my measuring tape :P ).

still a lot to unpack but here's a preview...

IMG_2347.jpg

display cabinet cost about $6100, includes electrical work & lighting... its 22ft long, cant remember the depth (n cant find my measuring tape :P ).

IMG_2347.jpg

1 word

IMPRESSIVE!

IMG_2347.jpg

:o :o :o

O-M-G!

:o :o :o

hi butterfingerzz

nice chairs! mind sharing how much you paid for the chair pls? :)

yay.. a couple of my chairs arrived from LUSH plus the fridge from parisilk..

way overdue... time for some pics..

my new study chairs (now jz waiting for the lounge chair which takes another month i think..)

P1070199.jpgP1070209.jpg

thanks

tink i got them for $110 each from lushlush.. :D

another item from lushlush.. am so wanting to buy my stainless steel bench for my dining but gee, the price is scary!!!

another item from lushlush.. am so wanting to buy my stainless steel bench for my dining but gee, the price is scary!!!

ya they hv pretty gd stuff... i saw a steel bench (shud be stainless) from OM at liang court.. u can take a look n compare..

their svc is pretty gd cos i got my dining table from them n they were quite responsive when i had it returned twice.. :D

ya they hv pretty gd stuff... i saw a steel bench (shud be stainless) from OM at liang court.. u can take a look n compare..

their svc is pretty gd cos i got my dining table from them n they were quite responsive when i had it returned twice.. :D

much appreciated!!! tks tks

will definitely go check it out. otherwise, i have no bench for now! ha

hi.. my ID is Angeline from Intradesign. u can get her contact from here : http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contacts.html

reno came up to abt $46k.. does not include the display cabinet, added tt on a few mths later wif another ID-cum-contractor...

good luck in ur reno... :D

Thank u.. is it include kitchen cabinet and top and TV consolve and master bedroom cabinet ? My one - without all cabinet and kitchen top and 2 wood frame with glass is SGD42500, is it expensive ? i feel quite expensive

much appreciated!!! tks tks

will definitely go check it out. otherwise, i have no bench for now! ha

no prob.. tink it looks abt the same as the one u are looking for. got the link for u - OM bench

the progress in ur place is looking gd... :thumbs up:

Thank u.. is it include kitchen cabinet and top and TV consolve and master bedroom cabinet ? My one - without all cabinet and kitchen top and 2 wood frame with glass is SGD42500, is it expensive ? i feel quite expensive

ya it includes kitchen cabinet n top, tv console, study table and WIW. i dun hv a master bedroom cabinet. :yamseng:

its actually inclusive of everything done in my house except for the display cabinet n floor laminates (and of course not the furniture..) :P

to me, i tink if its jz slightly more, its ok but the main thing would be a peace of mind for the coordination n reno to go smoothly and be handed over more or less ard the stipulated HO date. plus responsiveness of the ID after the HO when u find more things to be rectified. so far my ID has been very responsible when we need her to send over her ppl to do rectification n stuff.

but maybe u cud post ur quotation for the rest of the experienced ppl in RT to give some advice on?