Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi dearest friends,

This is my first time posting. Just bought a corner terrace about 20yrs old, need A&A but do not know how to go about it. To engage a architect or go to interior designer? If architect can i get at least 2 of them to make a comparison with no obligation.

Can somebody help.

Thanks and regards

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

if u were to choose an id for this ana job will be slightly cheaper compare to others . i believe it around 5to 10percent cheaper. i dun stay in private unit but hv friend staying and hv engage an id instead of others.seems quite good and reasonable. hope tis can help in abit & happy seaching for more info.

Hi dearest friends,

This is my first time posting. Just bought a corner terrace about 20yrs old, need A&A but do not know how to go about it. To engage a architect or go to interior designer? If architect can i get at least 2 of them to make a comparison with no obligation.

Can somebody help.

Thanks and regards

Hi,

We are in the midst of reconstructing our house at the moment, if u want to know more, u can PM me, and i can share with u our experience as everyone like us is inexperience, we learnt along the way, But u need to plan all this well in advance as its take time to get all the approvals and permit before u can start work.

Hi,

We are in the midst of reconstructing our house at the moment, if u want to know more, u can PM me, and i can share with u our experience as everyone like us is inexperience, we learnt along the way, But u need to plan all this well in advance as its take time to get all the approvals and permit before u can start work.

Hi, Fren

I hv experience from my sis just done her reconstruction 2yrs ago, she got 3 contractor to quote

from there compare their quotation then pick the most recentable one (contractor knew there will multi quotation) do u think is a good ideal? How far hv u proceed? How long it takes to get all the approvals?

if u were to choose an id for this ana job will be slightly cheaper compare to others . i believe it around 5to 10percent cheaper. i dun stay in private unit but hv friend staying and hv engage an id instead of others.seems quite good and reasonable. hope tis can help in abit & happy seaching for more info.

:) Hi, I am interested to know more about A&A. Can you give me more details as I am planning to do it on a terrace house which is 30 -40 yrs old. It is 2 storey high and currently has 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and potentially one on the ground floor. The house is very very original. Thinking of just add another room upstairs but I learnt that it will cost quite high. I have been advised to tear it down altogether and build it up. Is this a good suggestion? Very confused. Any cost comparison will be helpful too as there is a budget of 200K for all in.

Thanks a lot to give me some light at the tunnel.

:) Hi, I am interested to know more about A&A. Can you give me more details as I am planning to do it on a terrace house which is 30 -40 yrs old. It is 2 storey high and currently has 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and potentially one on the ground floor. The house is very very original. Thinking of just add another room upstairs but I learnt that it will cost quite high. I have been advised to tear it down altogether and build it up. Is this a good suggestion? Very confused. Any cost comparison will be helpful too as there is a budget of 200K for all in.

To tear down and rebuilt, 200k will not be sufficient. An extension on the ground floor should not be too expensive if it is on flat ground. Cost wise will depends on size, choice of structure and materials. Adding a room on the 2nd floor will definitely cost more. A PE will have to be engaged for submission to BCA. Be prepared for higher cost if new structures are required for the 2nd floor loading. However, if the house has a protruding flat roof with structures that can take additional load then the cost will be lower. Even then, the cost is not that cheap. You can consult an experienced builder or architect who will be in a better position to advise you.

To tear down and build up will cost 500k- 700k for corner terrace , for inter terrace will be arround 450k-600k( depends on which contractor you find )

For A & A , to add a storey c/w tiles or metal roofing, its 200k++

For a 30-40 years house, its better to rebuild to 2 storey + attic you will be more "wu hua" cause if you wana sell you can sell at a higher price :)

Above price is just for reference:)

Hi

I took a long time to respond to your comments as I could not remember where I had posted my comments. Phew found it finally. :bangwall: Thanks for ur advices. Am a serious forumer as I need any advice I can get to renovate this old house.

I was thinking that the next logical step to do while I am still waiting to collect the keys is to engage a PE(Professional Engineer). He/she can advice the following A&A:

1) To extend from 2 storey to 2.5storey with the masterbed room in the attic

2) To extend another room on the 2nd storey as well as possibly another room on the ground floor.

I need help on the following questions:

a) How much does a PE cost just to pull the drawings from BCA and looking at it and recommend what type of A&A can be done?

b) Can recommend a PE please?

c) Once I engage a indenpendent PE, can his/her recommendation be valid with any eventual contractor or ID company?

d) For item 1) and 2) of the A&A, which one is cheaper and better. I was thinking that idea 1 will be too hot as the room is in the attic. Electricity bill sure very high to cool down the room.

e) I am more inclined to A&A instead of reconstruction due to budget constraint. If $200K is not enough for the A&A, what is a reasonable amount? 300K? Any contractor to recommend with this amount?

Sincerely appreciate all the help and guidance. Thanks

Hi

I took a long time to respond to your comments as I could not remember where I had posted my comments. Phew found it finally. :bangwall: Thanks for ur advices. Am a serious forumer as I need any advice I can get to renovate this old house.

I was thinking that the next logical step to do while I am still waiting to collect the keys is to engage a PE(Professional Engineer). He/she can advice the following A&A:

1) To extend from 2 storey to 2.5storey with the masterbed room in the attic

2) To extend another room on the 2nd storey as well as possibly another room on the ground floor.

I need help on the following questions:

a) How much does a PE cost just to pull the drawings from BCA and looking at it and recommend what type of A&A can be done?

b) Can recommend a PE please?

c) Once I engage a indenpendent PE, can his/her recommendation be valid with any eventual contractor or ID company?

d) For item 1) and 2) of the A&A, which one is cheaper and better. I was thinking that idea 1 will be too hot as the room is in the attic. Electricity bill sure very high to cool down the room.

e) I am more inclined to A&A instead of reconstruction due to budget constraint. If $200K is not enough for the A&A, what is a reasonable amount? 300K? Any contractor to recommend with this amount?

Sincerely appreciate all the help and guidance. Thanks

Hi you can get the plans from BCA yourself, just log on to their website.