Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kuokht

Recommendation Of Toilet Renovation Contractor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

For saying this, think the contractors & ID will hate me.

Just did my reno for condo recently, most things DIY.

Maybe due to my job (I'm in sales) so I understand that all things are cheaper if go direct. The contractors & IDs will sublet the jobs out to 3rd party and thus need to mark up prices.

My direct contacts & reno jobs

1)I engaged direct co. to hack my condo kitchen & 2 toilets (floor & wall tiles, kitchen cabinet, removal of sanitary wares in toilets & removal of debris) - for only $2K

I heard from the boss that the cost is lower for HDB as condo is strict with the reno timing so it would take them more days to complete as compared to HDB thus the higher cost for condo. ** The boss is so sweet to help hack wardrobe & other shelvings all at no extra cost.

The quotes that I get from contractors & IDs for just hacking (Kitchen & toilet wall & floor tiles) & removal of debris is - $2,600 - $2,800

** See the savings for going direct??

2) bi-fold doors, classic doors & iron gate - better to get direct from co. Source for quotes yourself & bargain a good price. The contractors would have earned 20-30% commission from your sales. If go direct, you may probably get 10-20% savings yourself. These co. can't offer 30% discount to direct customers as their main source of biz still come from IDs & contractors. Can't afford to offend them.

3) People know people in this trade. I got the contact for tiling job from my hacker. The tiler did my kitchen & toilet floor & wall tiles & I'm satisfied with the job done. I even went on site to see his workmanship & confirmed the job on the spot. I bought my own tiles though. Again, contractors will get 20-30% commission bringing you to choose tiles & you won't enjoy savings. I bought the tiles myself & got a discount for going direct (though the discount is not as much as the co. gives to contractor, but it's still savings)

The tiler charged me tiling job by per sqm, whereas the contractor charge me a lump sum. I heard from my tiler HDB toilet & kitchen tiling job is only $2+/sqm. The lowest quote I got from contractor is $3.50/sqm but my tiler only charges me $2.30/sqm. See the mark up? These contractors also find these tilers to do the job for them. The contractor get your deposit but will not pay these hacker & tilers, carpenters, plumbers etc so soon. So these people like to work direct with us, customers. Get paid on time.

4) For hacking of kitchen cabinet, the quote for direct is only $200-$300, but look, your quote is $600. All these savings here & there can get you new cutains, or whatever you like to buy.

5) I also engaged a worker for painting job (contact from my tiler). His pay is on daily basis. But same rules - I supply the paint etc. It's still cheaper than getting contractor. And contractor also earn commission from paint co.

6) I also engaged a co. to do my false ceiling in toilets (contact from my tiler). He quoted me $550 for 2 toilet false ceilings. My lowest quote from contractor is $780.

Enough said. Source direct will give you so much savings! : )

Hi Summer Forever,

pls pm me all the contacts for your reno and is their work good?

(Hacker, Tiler, Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Painter, etc...) Tks

Hi,

Maybe due to my job (I'm in sales) so I understand that all things are cheaper if go direct. The contractors & IDs will sublet the jobs out to 3rd party and thus need to mark up prices.

1)I engaged direct co. to hack my condo kitchen & 2 toilets (floor & wall tiles, kitchen cabinet, removal of sanitary wares in toilets & removal of debris) - for only $2K

I heard from the boss that the cost is lower for HDB as condo is strict with the reno timing so it would take them more days to complete as compared to HDB thus the higher cost for condo. ** The boss is so sweet to help hack wardrobe & other shelvings all at no extra cost.

The quotes that I get from contractors & IDs for just hacking (Kitchen & toilet wall & floor tiles) & removal of debris is - $2,600 - $2,800

2) bi-fold doors, classic doors & iron gate - better to get direct from co. Source for quotes yourself & bargain a good price. The contractors would have earned 20-30% commission from your sales. If go direct, you may probably get 10-20% savings yourself. These co. can't offer 30% discount to direct customers as their main source of biz still come from IDs & contractors. Can't afford to offend them.

3) People know people in this trade. I got the contact for tiling job from my hacker. The tiler did my kitchen & toilet floor & wall tiles & I'm satisfied with the job done. I even went on site to see his workmanship & confirmed the job on the spot. I bought my own tiles though. Again, contractors will get 20-30% commission bringing you to choose tiles & you won't enjoy savings. I bought the tiles myself & got a discount for going direct (though the discount is not as much as the co. gives to contractor, but it's still savings)

The tiler charged me tiling job by per sqm, whereas the contractor charge me a lump sum. I heard from my tiler HDB toilet & kitchen tiling job is only $2+/sqm. The lowest quote I got from contractor is $3.50/sqm but my tiler only charges me $2.30/sqm. See the mark up? These contractors also find these tilers to do the job for them. The contractor get your deposit but will not pay these hacker & tilers, carpenters, plumbers etc so soon. So these people like to work direct with us, customers. Get paid on time.

4) For hacking of kitchen cabinet, the quote for direct is only $200-$300, but look, your quote is $600. All these savings here & there can get you new cutains, or whatever you like to buy.

5) I also engaged a worker for painting job (contact from my tiler). His pay is on daily basis. But same rules - I supply the paint etc. It's still cheaper than getting contractor. And contractor also earn commission from paint co.

6) I also engaged a co. to do my false ceiling in toilets (contact from my tiler). He quoted me $550 for 2 toilet false ceilings. My lowest quote from contractor is $780.

Hi Summer Forever,

Can you please PM me the contacts for your hacker and tiler as well as false ceriling!! Thanks!!

Kim

Hi,

Hi Summer Forever,

I would like to request from you the contact of the contractors used by you.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,

hi summer forever,

can you please pm me the contacts of your contractors used?

am planning to diy as well.

thanks!

Hi, as I'm urgently looking for these reno people to reno my house too, can I have all their contact also please? Kindly email me @ anw0210@hotmail.com or sms/wa me 96660218, thank u so much!

Hi, as I'm urgently looking for these reno people to reno my house too, can I have all their contact also please? Kindly email me @ anw0210@hotmail.com or sms/wa me 96660218, thank u so much!

emailed u someone recommanded by my friend before called ah seng. He doing moonlighting 1 la so dunno he free not drop him a call man. but that time he d my biz is friend friend biz so think he charge cheap outsider i dunno liao.

Hi,

Hi... Any chance of getting the individual contacts for the following

could u pm me the contacts for your reno pls?

Hacker

Plumber

Electrician

Tiler

Painter.

Mainly these few.

Thank in advance

Hi Summer Forever,

Can I have the contacts of your tiler, carpenter and false ceiling?

Thanks

Hi there alvissae, fyi. If you click Summer Forever, you will notice that this RT forum user's last logged on on 03/02/2010. Dun think you will get any reply soonest or at all.

Just start your own blog and announce that your needs. Ppl or/and reno company will respond.

I am also looking for direct contractors but actually the contractor either specializes in hacking & tiling work or carpentry work. Meaning, if they do internal biz in tiling.....they sub-out carpentry work and electrical works.

I have gotten a few contractors. You can pm or eMail for more info.

rgds,

evelyn spencer

Hi,

hi summer forever,

can you please pm me the contacts of all the contractors used? You can email to shengkhoon.goh@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi there alvissae, fyi. If you click Summer Forever, you will notice that this RT forum user's last logged on on 03/02/2010. Dun think you will get any reply soonest or at all.

Just start your own blog and announce that your needs. Ppl or/and reno company will respond.

I am also looking for direct contractors but actually the contractor either specializes in hacking & tiling work or carpentry work. Meaning, if they do internal biz in tiling.....they sub-out carpentry work and electrical works.

I have gotten a few contractors. You can pm or eMail for more info.

rgds,

evelyn spencer

PM you..... :)