Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thirdrockdweller

Project Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
again, kudos to great place!!!

lotsa books!!!! i had that much too but after moving every 2 years, have had to pare it down to the favourites coz it was so heavy to move books!!

and i think we bought quite a few of the same plants, from far east?

Thanks patsy_sg. Yup, was in a similar situation. Way too many books. Had to give many away :( . Bought the plants from Ikea actually. Need to find some time to go down to Far East. Will probably make a trip there soon. Got a few more to pick up. Love having greens in the house.

Is the book shelves from ikea?

Where did you get ur tables?

Yes, the bookshelves are from Ikea. Billy bookcases. If you have heavy books, stick with the 40 cm one. It's pretty sturdy. With a few easy modification, it's just as good as custom built. Saved a bundle going this route.

The study table was a DIY project. We bought an Oak kitchen countertop and legs from Ikea and put them together. Heavy and super sturdy.

Edited by thirdrockdweller

hey 3rd rock, nice office~! u work from home?

hubby and me am so interested in your study table. i saw the legs befor but need to find out from you wat is the name of the countertop. hubby already decided to go Ikea on Monday nite. :lol:

Thanks patsy_sg. Yup, was in a similar situation. Way too many books. Had to give many away :( . Bought the plants from Ikea actually. Need to find some time to go down to Far East. Will probably make a trip there soon. Got a few more to pick up. Love having greens in the house.

let me know if you're going, am a member there and you can get 10% discount on everything! love plants too (see my little garden in my bedroom!!)

Yes, the bookshelves are from Ikea. Billy bookcases. If you have heavy books, stick with the 40 cm one. It's pretty sturdy. With a few easy modification, it's just as good as custom built. Saved a bundle going this route.

The study table was a DIY project. We bought an Oak kitchen countertop and legs from Ikea and put them together. Heavy and super study.

Earthbound! How much is and model of the kitchen counter top and legs? I will be checking ikea on friday or sat. Will wanna get my contractor to do the setup. They have a darker color counter top?

STUDY ROOM (cum Office - continued)

IMG_0225.jpg

now, tell me where do i apply for the thirdrock library card? ha

u know how sometimes you're loss for words and only expletives can amount to how you're feeling?

i will skip the expletives but still to better describe the feeling, i have to speak in parlance of a true blue ah beng

"SWEE LA"

hey 3rd rock, nice office~! u work from home?

hubby and me am so interested in your study table. i saw the legs befor but need to find out from you wat is the name of the countertop. hubby already decided to go Ikea on Monday nite. :lol:

Earthbound! How much is and model of the kitchen counter top and legs? I will be checking ikea on friday or sat. Will wanna get my contractor to do the setup. They have a darker color counter top?

Thanks samgalz. Nah, I don't work from home :( . That would be nice. Be close to my mom-to-be wifey.

The worktop we bought is Numerar oak. It's $225, 246 cm long and weights 44kg! Ikea has it in different solid wood, lengths and colours. The legs are Vika Moliden, $19 each. Do check them out!

let me know if you're going, am a member there and you can get 10% discount on everything! love plants too (see my little garden in my bedroom!!)

Ah, truly a very generous offer. Thanks so much. May just take you up on that :D .

now, tell me where do i apply for the thirdrock library card? ha

u know how sometimes you're loss for words and only expletives can amount to how you're feeling?

i will skip the expletives but still to better describe the feeling, i have to speak in parlance of a true blue ah beng

"SWEE LA"

Gum xia Gum xia

wow! totally impressed by the final outlook of your new place! SWEE!

Hubby & I fell in love with the kitchen countertop turned study table concept! :)

Thanks! Some info about the table above :D .

Hi, how much is your pendant light from Innermost? and where is the shop?

Bought the light for $460 (Retails at $515) @

Vlux Lighting Pte Ltd

722 Geylang Road, Singapore 389633

6742 7288‎

Very nice ... I probably will get a white billy later ... your theme really jive ;)

Thanks!!!

Edited by thirdrockdweller

Ah, truly a very generous offer. Thanks so much. May just take you up on that :D .

sure, am there most weekends buying flowers to bring to mandai, just drop me a PM and we can arrange.

Hello guests, the bathroom is this way...

Guest Bathroom

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Shower area with Chengal wood decking

IMG_0199.jpg

Hi there! Im also seriously considering Chengal decking for my place. How is the current condition for the decking in both your bathrooms? Any feedbacks/reccommendations? ;)

Hi there! Im also seriously considering Chengal decking for my place. How is the current condition for the decking in both your bathrooms? Any feedbacks/reccommendations? ;)

Hi NeiX5,

So far so good. The deckings are holding up. No sign of deterioration from the constant exposure to water/moisture. The bottom of the decks do get dirty and require occasional scrubbing/hosing. :)

Hi folks, couple of updates;

Our MBR bathroom

IMG_0187.jpg

wow.. very nice toilet. :)

May i know where u bought your toilet rag? and the price?