Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

Will You Buy A Tumble Dryer Apart From Your Washer ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

see that u have bgt a LG washer aldy? and u still tinkin if u sld by dryer?

somehow or rather...for me...i tink stackin the dryer & washer together looks kinda cool :D

so more or less, when i get my keys early next yr for my new plc...we will get dryer and washer combi...

chked the mkt...will cost us ard 900 - 1000 for both...

Yeah... I'm the type who prefers washer and dryer purchased separately. In case the washer or dryer function is spoilt, then I am rather afraid that I will have to spend again. Haha...

It is tempting to get a tumble dryer, though. Especially when there are times where the weather remains bad for several days, during the rainy seasons of the year. The clothes do not dry easily, or as fast as we wanted.

In the place where I am staying now, it often rains heavily the whole day without end for rainy seasons. The sunlight is not strong enough. Not much wind in my area too, due to other flats surrounding mine. Weather is pretty unpredictable in my town, heh! :bangwall:

Sometimes, I even need to hang certain "urgent" clothing out of our kitchen window, in order to dry overnight more effectively. But most of the time, it is only for 1~2 pieces of clothing.

Therefore, I am still contemplating on whether it is still worth buying a separate tumble dryer.

Edited by aoi

that one of my consideration too...but then again, how often does a machine breaks down ?more w

for tat, we wont noe la...coz eletrical stuff kinda unpredictable...

i tink for the price of a washer dryer, we can get seperates one...

seems more worth it and reliable :D

that one of my consideration too...but then again, how often does a machine breaks down ?more w

for tat, we wont noe la...coz eletrical stuff kinda unpredictable...

i tink for the price of a washer dryer, we can get seperates one...

seems more worth it and reliable :D

Washer-dryers r more unreliable compared to separate! When both motors of washer n dryers are cramped in 1 machine, it gives rises to technical problems in future! It takes a longer time for a washing n drying cycle for a combi! If u wash a full load, u need to take out half a load! Its not so much energy efficient compared to a separate washer n dryer!! Most importantly, the drying results will not b as gd s separates!

Yup, though Sg has free sunshine most times of the year, some laundry are not ideal for line drying, eg; woolens n heavy synthetics.. Wool will stretch if line dry for too long.. If u have expensive towels, if u forgotten to keep after a long day in the sun, it will be hard n too crisp! For silk n delicates if u line dry indoors, it will be more ideal if a gd dryer uses low temp to dry abit first, then line dry a short while!! In short, whether to purchase a dryer anot, i think it depends on how important ur clothes and laundry means to u!!

Lapena, I think most families use bamboo laundry poles to hang their clothes for drying. Line-drying is rare here.

As for the purchase of washer/dryer combo machine, i also share the same thoughts. Such machines can only dry half the washload. So I may as well get a separate tumble dryer for purely drying purpose to reduce the chances of overworking the machine..

Apart from this reason, I also feel that it may further put stress to the machine, if it were to run a drying function after it has just finished an entire wash cycle. I'm afraid that the machine may not last too long.

Just my personal opinions. Of course, a 2-in-1 machine tends to save space at home, as perhaps is its only plus point.

Edited by aoi

Most 2 in 1 uses condenser drying, instead of heat.

Will take 2 times longer than standalone heat dryer.

I find that the 2 in 1 is not meant for Sg use, as we change clothes a lot more often the temperate countries.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but my mom has a dryer but now it's a white elephant. What we've experienced from the dryer is that it fleeces everything hence making it thinner and spoils my clothes especially my work clothes. It stretches the shirt and loosen them if you use hot air to dry them. Alternatively if I use the cold air, it takes prolly 2 times longer and the clothes 2 times wrinkled. Be prepared to standby extra buttons and studs because there will be missing ones. So instead of separating which clothes is best for the line and which are for the dryer, we hang them all to dry. Ours is a samsung brand but I'm not sure how will other brand differs.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but my mom has a dryer but now it's a white elephant. What we've experienced from the dryer is that it fleeces everything hence making it thinner and spoils my clothes especially my work clothes. It stretches the shirt and loosen them if you use hot air to dry them. Alternatively if I use the cold air, it takes prolly 2 times longer and the clothes 2 times wrinkled. Be prepared to standby extra buttons and studs because there will be missing ones. So instead of separating which clothes is best for the line and which are for the dryer, we hang them all to dry. Ours is a samsung brand but I'm not sure how will other brand differs.

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe not all clothes are suitable for tumble-drying. Have to read the laundry-care label for each clothing.

;)