Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elfettucine

Speaker Stands

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi bros,

do you know where I can get decent to above-average speaker stands that aren't ridiculously expensive?

Maybe $200 for a pair or less? Half-height 18 to 24".

SL_SPEAKER_STAND2.jpg

Adelphi. Cant rem shop's name, think its Electrades. They sell Atacamas. May i know what speakers u intend to put on the stands?

Nopt your Boston I hope.

Cheers

You're having a laugh, mate.

I wouldn't put my bostons on anything above 50$ and would probably buy Ikea speaker stands for them ;)

No, no they are for my lovey Bowers and Wilkins. I got my electrician to wall mount my rear speakers (looks really nice by the way, with cables tucked into the L-Box. Sure to get some nice comments) and use my B&Ws as my front speakers as part of a 5.1 system.

Edited by elfettucine

I wouldn't put my bostons on anything above 50$ and would probably buy Ikea speaker stands for them ;)

No, no they are for my lovey Bowers and Wilkins. I got my electrician to wall mount my rear speakers (looks really nice by the way, with cables tucked into the L-Box. Sure to get some nice comments) and use my B&Ws as my front speakers as part of a 5.1 system.

Care to share how much did you pay for your B&W? Can also share how the rear are mounted to the wall? :)

Bro

U ordered your 685s? How much u paid? What's your waiting time? The Experts got stocks ah?

Cheers

Bro

U ordered your 685s? How much u paid? What's your waiting time? The Experts got stocks ah?

Cheers

Dude.... the 685 is only KIV in my wish list man.

Let's see how I feel after I get my bonus, but priority is projector first. Actually I already have an InFocus IN-AUD projector, but that was more for the Nintendo Wii.

Still... I could make due with that projector and maybe go for a better the B&W685 *gettingahardon*

I

'll put up pictures next week. I'm using my 601s for front speakers and the rest of my setup will be my Bostons.

Care to share how much did you pay for your B&W? Can also share how the rear are mounted to the wall? :)

I'll put up some photos next week.

Bassically, the electrician ran the audio cables therough my L-Box along the ceiling and magically come out behind the speakers on each side. The satellite speakers usually have a small metal bracket on the back and you can ang that onto a long nail or preferably a number 8 screw,

I put rubber feet on the back of mine to minize vibration, which takes a little bit away from the looks, but will give more in return of sound and less rattling/vibration sounds.

I'll put up some photos next week.

Cool. Cant wait to see.

Btw, 685s has a 3-6 months waiting period. Thinking of ordering HTM61 center speaker also has to wait 6 mths.

Thinking of getting the DefTech Mythos now.

Cheers

Cool. Cant wait to see.

Btw, 685s has a 3-6 months waiting period. Thinking of ordering HTM61 center speaker also has to wait 6 mths.

Thinking of getting the DefTech Mythos now.

Cheers

thinking of getting a pair of 685 and a mathcing center too..B&W center speakers are gonna be expensive.. do you have some idea of the pricing od 685s and hTM61.. thanks in advance..

and Happy new year to all forumers here..

thinking of getting a pair of 685 and a mathcing center too..B&W center speakers are gonna be expensive.. do you have some idea of the pricing od 685s and hTM61.. thanks in advance..

and Happy new year to all forumers here..

Hi

If Im not wrong, when i last check the 685s cost about $1.5K a pair & the HTM61 center costs about $950. All without GST.

But do check with the B&W distributor, The Experts. Yes B&W is always expensive but what youre paying is definetely worth the

investment. Even old models are still commanding high prices. Most importantly, the sound quality is top notch.

Cheers

Hi

If Im not wrong, when i last check the 685s cost about $1.5K a pair & the HTM61 center costs about $950. All without GST.

But do check with the B&W distributor, The Experts. Yes B&W is always expensive but what youre paying is definetely worth the

investment. Even old models are still commanding high prices. Most importantly, the sound quality is top notch.

Cheers

thanks bro.. do you have some recommendation on the AVR.. I have heard the B&W in the showroom, but they used the arcam avr. I would need to break a bank to get that.. Do they match better with Denon's or Onkyos.

thanks bro.. do you have some recommendation on the AVR.. I have heard the B&W in the showroom, but they used the arcam avr. I would need to break a bank to get that.. Do they match better with Denon's or Onkyos.

Arcam is good if you have the money. Denon, Onkyo or Yamaha receiveres will do the job just fine. Just ensure the power is sufficient to drive the speakers

cheers

Any bros had any photos of wall mount speaker to share? Wd like to gather some ideas how it wd look like and points to note :P

I was contemplating between speaker stand or wall mount for my rear speakers. Eventually i decided to go for wall mount to save some floor space.