Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kengar

Cockroaches And Lizards - Pest Control Ideas

COCKROACHES

Since moving to my new home and after having it renovated (near 100% hacking), I have been plagued by monthly visits from cockroaches despite keeping the house relatively clean and tidy.

Anti-cockroaches measures that I have taken:

- Making sure the kitchen sink is cleaned frequently (heard that cockroaches are attracted to oil)

- Laying pandan leaves around the house

- Laying moth balls around the dark corners/cupboards

- Setting up cockroach poison

Please feel free to contribute if you have other anti-cockroach methods.

I have since resigned to the fate that I cannot keep them from coming back. I am now exploring other ways to kill cockroaches the fastest and cleanest way.

HOW ABOUT WE FREEZE THEM?

Since cockroaches run very fast and are difficult to catch, we often end up using alot of insecticide sprays and do post-cleaning.

DO YOU THINK WE CAN KILL / IMOBILISE COCKROACHES BY SPRAYING THEM WITH FREEZE SPRAY? THIS METHOD SHOULD BE CLEANER AND STOPS THE COCKROACHES FROM RUNNING AROUND. DOES ANYONE HERE KNOWS WHERE WE CAN GET SUCH SPRAY IN SINGAPORE?

LIZARDS

For those having problems with lizards, I have an idea that you may like to try.

Lizards are also fast moving creatures. So in order to catch them, you may like to spray them with window cleaning detergent e.g. Kleen brand.

I have tried once it apparently imobilised the lizard's "sticking" ability.

After the lizard is left helpless, use a pair of tongs to catch it and throw it down the chute.

Good luck!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
We have an eco-frenly solution at home - Pest-control kitten ! Very efficient!!

but you have to deal with cat poo and furs after that...

Why not try get pest control to come and do once and for all?

COCKROACHES

Since moving to my new home and after having it renovated (near 100% hacking), I have been plagued by monthly visits from cockroaches despite keeping the house relatively clean and tidy.

Anti-cockroaches measures that I have taken:

- Making sure the kitchen sink is cleaned frequently (heard that cockroaches are attracted to oil)

- Laying pandan leaves around the house

- Laying moth balls around the dark corners/cupboards

- Setting up cockroach poison

Please feel free to contribute if you have other anti-cockroach methods.

I have since resigned to the fate that I cannot keep them from coming back. I am now exploring other ways to kill cockroaches the fastest and cleanest way.

HOW ABOUT WE FREEZE THEM?

Since cockroaches run very fast and are difficult to catch, we often end up using alot of insecticide sprays and do post-cleaning.

DO YOU THINK WE CAN KILL / IMOBILISE COCKROACHES BY SPRAYING THEM WITH FREEZE SPRAY? THIS METHOD SHOULD BE CLEANER AND STOPS THE COCKROACHES FROM RUNNING AROUND. DOES ANYONE HERE KNOWS WHERE WE CAN GET SUCH SPRAY IN SINGAPORE?

LIZARDS

For those having problems with lizards, I have an idea that you may like to try.

Lizards are also fast moving creatures. So in order to catch them, you may like to spray them with window cleaning detergent e.g. Kleen brand.

After the lizard is left helpless, use a pair of tongs to catch it and throw it down the chute.

Good luck!

COCKROACHES

LIZARDS

Good luck!

Hey Kengar,

Hope the cockroaches are not bothering you anymore. I don't have cockroach problem and I thought it's because the TC fumigate the chutes regularly. However, I've been terrorized by lizards for years. I'm definitely going to try the method you mentioned. I HATE lizards and I've seen them living generation after generation in my house from babies to teens to adults. Sometimes, I even see the mama lizard bring her baby out for a walk at night. We usually just SLAM IT with newspaper, it's messy. My son tried shooting it with his catapult but he's not very good at it. :rolleyes:

Edited by sujuan

Hey Kengar,

Hope the cockroaches are not bothering you anymore. I don't have cockroach problem and I thought it's because the TC fumigate the chutes regularly. However, I've been terrorized by lizards for years. I'm definitely going to try the method you mentioned. I HATE lizards and I've seen them living generation after generation in my house from babies to teens to adults. Sometimes, I even see the mama lizard bring her baby out for a walk at night. We usually just SLAM IT with newspaper, it's messy. My son tried shooting it with his catapult but he's not very good at it. :rolleyes:

Try using boiling water - cruel but clean and effective way.

try to get the Lizard trap (available in NTUC or sometimes petrol stations)and place it in areas where the lizard are frequently seen. there is a bait in the lizard trap that will attract the lizard. when the lizard tries to get it, it will be glued to the trap. its very efficient and neat. there's a trap for cockroaches as well.

change the trap once a week or once in two weeks. but if a big lizard gets in the trap, throw the whole thing away as they can wriggle free after a few hours or days.

it has been working great in my mom's house.

try to get the Lizard trap (available in NTUC or sometimes petrol stations)and place it in areas where the lizard are frequently seen. there is a bait in the lizard trap that will attract the lizard. when the lizard tries to get it, it will be glued to the trap. its very efficient and neat. there's a trap for cockroaches as well.

change the trap once a week or once in two weeks. but if a big lizard gets in the trap, throw the whole thing away as they can wriggle free after a few hours or days.

it has been working great in my mom's house.

Thumb up for lizard traps! It's clean and easy. It works well for me. Once I caught two small lizards in a box. Recently, just caught a big and fat lizard. Also caught other weird insects like moth and fruit flies. All kenna stuck. I think that time I forgot to clear for 3 months, and dead lizard attracted the flies. No wonder cos I been wondering why they disappeared suddenly.

I got it from ntuc as well. I chose the one with white plain box packed in green paper cover. It seems more effective and sticky then other branded ones. I never caught anything at all with those.

I would vouched for the NTUC sticky lizard traps. They do work.

However, it is so expensive that I have to catch a few before I throw it away.

The other problem is that the lizards do come back ...

daiso selling those $2 cockroaches stickers patches, it can also trap for lizards.

Edited by dean

Hahaha...tot I jus post since chanced upon recent interested-dean's:

In all due respect- lizards' appearance wise, had managed to convince my spouse to 'accept' em. Why? Simply because their presence truly help to eliminate mosquitoes which r more harmful to our living IMHO as compared to theirs' (ie. Lizards)!

The only undesirables which lizards left behind is the black faeces + white substance (ie. their urine) on the floors/furnitures... But in exchange for the detrimental diseases which would have been inflicted on my kids should their 'food' (aka-mosquitoes) be in charge...I bet not!

Yes sticky pads should ward off those friendly lizards, especially with some black-coloured wovens/threads placed as baits to attract... But is it worthwhile the effort end of the day... Taking into consideration they do help to reduce the dengue-affected beings?

Cockroaches r otherwise! They carry germs wherever they go n pass on diseases to the human livings! Those sticky pads do some good... yes! N if for those who r well-off, can consider Goliath Gel... Jus bean-drop it at affected areas n u catcha-em!

Edited by tuasbird