Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enrisa

Help: Rom Early Coz Of Hdb Purchase

Hi all

We recently bought a flat under fiance/fiancee scheme and was given the keys in early Nov 2009. So the condition is for us to produce a marriage certificate 3 months after key date which is no later than 6th Feb 2010. We've been so stressed-up over the house reno and all that we completely forgotten to file.

ROM's website seem to indicate that earliest available date for ROM is only around first-second week of March 2010! So we're screwed :bangwall: Has anyone been in this situation before?

The other alternative is to do our registration outside of ROM office - but that would mean trying to secure a JP/MP etc to solemnise our marriage, hotel/restaurant venue etc - so many things and we have no clue at all!

please advise what to do? should i just do outside ROM - i'm also not approaching this alternative given there's cost involved in getting a hotel and etc. And I hear that getting a JP/MP to solemnise in such a short period is difficult.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

how about hold the solemnisation at your own house/mom house

I held mind at a restaurant.. Lunch for my families.

1) hmm, you can start calling up those JP in a list and try your luck, dont count on those famous n popular JP.. could still be available.

But if you not going to hold in a restuarant than you want to hold it where?

2) Is it 3 months, I always tot its 6 mths!

3) call up HDB tomorrow and tell them that you have an auspicious date to follow, so ask for deferrment. (heard it works for some ppl)

4) If you have already booked a venue.. call HDB that you have a valid reason to defer... show receipts.

Let me think of more... I have the JP list, i can email you if you want

Have you checked with HDB about this ?

Do they allow you to postpone the submission of the marriage cert ?

I heard of friends who wrote in to appeal and request for postpone...

Yes yes, usually they defer...

my ROM was held almost 6 mths later..

I remember they did sent letter as reminder

Hey gal,

the earliest is

Today's Date:

10 Dec 2009

Earliest Solemnisation Date: 1 Jan 2010

Latest Solemnisation Date: 10 Mar 2010

Edited by charemme

Thanks guys. I hear that HDB normally would grant deferment on valid reasons - even auspicious dates are also taken into account I hear.

My concern is really securing JP in such a short notice - from some forums I read, it seems almost impossible to solemnize your wedding in such a short notice. not to mention trying to get a venue and all ... stress.

charemme - can you email me the list at snappybug@gmail.com? thanks in advance!!

charemme - yes i saw that too but there's another link which states that all the dates are booked for jan and feb and only march is available :(

i deferred mine too

i guess you have to fork out some money and book a place and show hdb your receipt that you already book the date so need to defer.

i'm only ommitting hotels since they can cost a bomb, i think restaurants are usually cheaper?

Yes, check out the various hotels that have ROM package..

usually cheaper as they have promo ( like a trial for wedding) , and venue & settings are provided free.

I held mine at Peony Jade.

Most hotels charge even the venue for ROM itself.

Agree with Zhiz, that is one way of deferring, but provided you already know which hotel u want.

Yes, check out the various hotels that have ROM package..

usually cheaper as they have promo ( like a trial for wedding) , and venue & settings are provided free.

I held mine at Peony Jade.

Most hotels charge even the venue for ROM itself.

Agree with Zhiz, that is one way of deferring, but provided you already know which hotel u want.

anyway it can be cheap lah

just book a CC or what also can haha

as long as tell them you already made arrangement to hold it.

where you really do it

they will not know :)

Hi all

We recently bought a flat under fiance/fiancee scheme and was given the keys in early Nov 2009. So the condition is for us to produce a marriage certificate 3 months after key date which is no later than 6th Feb 2010. We've been so stressed-up over the house reno and all that we completely forgotten to file.

ROM's website seem to indicate that earliest available date for ROM is only around first-second week of March 2010! So we're screwed :bangwall: Has anyone been in this situation before?

The other alternative is to do our registration outside of ROM office - but that would mean trying to secure a JP/MP etc to solemnise our marriage, hotel/restaurant venue etc - so many things and we have no clue at all!

please advise what to do? should i just do outside ROM - i'm also not approaching this alternative given there's cost involved in getting a hotel and etc. And I hear that getting a JP/MP to solemnise in such a short period is difficult.

I don't see what the problem is. To do a solemnisation is very fast. It could even be done in your house, if the JP is willing to come.

I know to get a venue, send out invitations, arrange food, etc. takes a lot of time, but do you really have to do this? Most people treat the ROM thing as a legal formality, the real planning is done for the chinese wedding dinner because that is the one that seals the marriage in the eyes of the parents.

So if you're short of time, then don't fret over it.

PS. In Las *** you can get married any time of the day, any day. Just walk into one of their so-called churches, they have ministers and even witnesses on standby 24 hours a day.