Tarnish On Stainless Steel

My new toilet accessories are stained before i even move in

Any advise?

Is this the norm?

SNC01137.jpg

SNC01138.jpg

SNC01139.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
some of mine are like tat after moving in for less than 3 mths.. think no choice..coz not gd grade of ss.. think only weimi the chicken brand wont have such prob...

i buy from heritage leh

how is yours now

hey zhiz, we have the same problem, and i have tried all ways and means to get them off.

commercial s/s removers will do the trick....but only for about 2 wks, u will see rust coming back again as long as they r subject to moisture and water

were ur accessories installed b4 or after the chemical wash? the tranishing of the s/s stuff could be due to the acid chemicals.

closed one eye for those which we could, but those we cannot tahan, got it changed to the welmi brand 3 weeks ago... less than 3 months after moving in. HAIZ

hey zhiz, we have the same problem, and i have tried all ways and means to get them off.

commercial s/s removers will do the trick....but only for about 2 wks, u will see rust coming back again as long as they r subject to moisture and water

were ur accessories installed b4 or after the chemical wash? the tranishing of the s/s stuff could be due to the acid chemicals.

closed one eye for those which we could, but those we cannot tahan, got it changed to the welmi brand 3 weeks ago... less than 3 months after moving in. HAIZ

mine is before the second wash. but chemical wash include cleaning of walls as well?

S/s can be polished to what you want.

I can teach you how to polish, you need polishing pad like the scotch brite for 1st item as it is in hairline finishing.

For the other 2 items, it is BA, i.e mirror finishing, you need power drill and the polishing wheel.

You can get the pad at certain hardware shop, as such, it is better to send it for polishing.

www.everwin.com.sg - abrasive, - hand pads

Edited by gladyslim

can i find out if ss are suppose to tarnish like that?

if not then i will return the items and exchange it or something

The product itself has no problem.

It is better to install it after the completion of whole house washing.

You only need warm water with dish detergent for cleaning it.

Even welmi will stain. Juz gotto be hardworking in maintenance & rub them with Autosol.

Yes, some s/s stuff tarnish easily and even the screw turn rusty. So I change my screws in the bathroom as well.

I think you can use a fine sand paper to remove the rust on it..

You can also check the internet and find some tutorials there..

--------------------

Commercial Mats

You can try Autosol. (dun know whether is the spelling correct or not). But it work only on stainless steel product, not coated or other. I tried on my stainless steel toilet accessories and it works. I asked around of y stainless steel can get rust, the answer is that stainless steel also have different grade.

You may want to try on a small portion before you use it for all. As Autosol will remove the coat if it is only coating and not stainless steel.

i tried the 3M stainless steel remover... it will remove, but only if you leave it on the rust long enough, and scrub a few rounds after that.

homefix sells a rust remover which works too, but it will also dull the S/S.

lots of remedies on the internet swear by baking soda/coke/colgate

i have tried pouring coke and using a toothbrush to scrub the rust off - limited success.

has anyone succeeded with baking soda?

just curious

if we can remove it

how do we then prevent it from happening again?

just curious

if we can remove it

how do we then prevent it from happening again?

My finding is can't prevent. Just try to keep dry. As the rusty depend on the grade of the stainless steel.