Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Tarnish On Stainless Steel

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
but bathroom hw to keep things dry?

haha

Dry the water after using or if water spray onto it. There are people to my to apply a very thin layer of autosol as autosol have to protective substance. As I have children at home.

but bathroom hw to keep things dry?

haha

the toilet roll holder and towel racks not too bad, still can keep dry

when u wash the toilet, make a conscious effort not to splash everywhere

if its those corner shelves in the shower area and glass shelves above the sink.....bobian... tt why we got ours changed.

the original ones were quite gross when the guy removed it, tho they were only 2 months old!

the toilet roll holder and towel racks not too bad, still can keep dry

when u wash the toilet, make a conscious effort not to splash everywhere

if its those corner shelves in the shower area and glass shelves above the sink.....bobian... tt why we got ours changed.

the original ones were quite gross when the guy removed it, tho they were only 2 months old!

also stainless steel piping all got brown water marks!

hi all

my ss mirorr wall cabinet -- is rusting even b4 any water touches it?!?!

never kana any mild acid , jus install then got brown marks--- why like tht?

its E*L**E brand! beware!

also stainless steel piping all got brown water marks!

sama sama; so does the s/s downpipe for the sink. i managed to get rid of the brownish stuff on the downpipe after sitting on the toilet floor and scrubbing and polishing vigorously, but the s/s water piping, left it.... after a while, just close one eye.

maintenance take lots of conscientious and diligent effort! which we try to have....but......

sama sama; so does the s/s downpipe for the sink. i managed to get rid of the brownish stuff on the downpipe after sitting on the toilet floor and scrubbing and polishing vigorously, but the s/s water piping, left it.... after a while, just close one eye.

maintenance take lots of conscientious and diligent effort! which we try to have....but......

i go and tell my ID and she got someone to clean up for me

including the piping hahaha

but after this i will be the cleaner instead liao

Hi zhiz,

manage to resolve the marks issue?

I notice the same for my bathroom fitting from heritage.. even before i move in and use it

my id got her cleaner to clean it for me liao. but i think the tarnish also set in quite quickly cos i see slowly appearing again.

so i think from now i will be the cleaner instead :o

i called heritage but they say no such complains and it could be due to chemical wash. but the fixtures on the walls but i believe mine did come into contact with water. but then again seems like our stainless steel still kena stain :(

my id got her cleaner to clean it for me liao. but i think the tarnish also set in quite quickly cos i see slowly appearing again.

so i think from now i will be the cleaner instead :o

i called heritage but they say no such complains and it could be due to chemical wash. but the fixtures on the walls but i believe mine did come into contact with water. but then again seems like our stainless steel still kena stain :(

Its the same for my tower rack.. and the worse is, i didnt notice it until it was installed.

Im going to try the 3M S/S cleaner.. let u know if it does resolve it.

Im wondering does those cleaner for Automobile actually will works.. so it forms a shield and prevent watermarks and stains from forming

Off topic though.

For such S/S toilet & kitchen fittings, try Kris or Wel-Mi. They have lifetime warranty against rust. Have used their products & they are really good. No signs of rust after years of usage. :)

wei mi ...is song cho --the chicken brand rt?

kris --isit the brand Hoe kee carries? ie for taps?

but read ss also will rust -- depends on the grade of ss????

mine also.. rust appear just a month after using. Now I tell people stainless steel does not mean wun rust one.

I normally will take a cloth and some oil and rub on it until it comes off, something like how you will clean the rifle after an outfield. (those who go through NS before will know what I mean).

After that apply some oil and install it back. Mine is from Hoe Kee btw. Now I know you the chicken brand so ex liao.

Thinking of spraying some clear paint after removing the rust next time. dunno will help ornot.

Edited by hawthorne