Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
huatah08

Washing Machine And Dryer

Hi people,

I would like to ask the differences between a Top load and a Front load washing machine.

And also, anyone using a 2 in 1 washer cum dryer? Any comment on the 2 in 1 washer cum dryer? Any value for $ brand to

recommand?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi people,

I would like to ask the differences between a Top load and a Front load washing machine.

And also, anyone using a 2 in 1 washer cum dryer? Any comment on the 2 in 1 washer cum dryer? Any value for $ brand to

recommand?

Front loading prevents damages to undergarments & elastic parts of clothings. However, you have to use low suds detergent.

I wouldn't recommend the 2-in-1 washer/dryer as the washing & drying time is prolonged. In a stand-alone dryer, the drying time is about less than an hour while the 2-in-1 will take up to 3 hours. Get the 2-in-1 only if your short on space.

Front loading prevents damages to undergarments & elastic parts of clothings. However, you have to use low suds detergent.

I wouldn't recommend the 2-in-1 washer/dryer as the washing & drying time is prolonged. In a stand-alone dryer, the drying time is about less than an hour while the 2-in-1 will take up to 3 hours. Get the 2-in-1 only if your short on space.

thks for the info mirkhanus,

glad that now i know that the drying will take so long for the 2 in 1 machine.

thks for the info mirkhanus,

glad that now i know that the drying will take so long for the 2 in 1 machine.

You may wanr to read under the topic LG. I learned how to choose a good machine from all the comments in that forum.

You may wanr to read under the topic LG. I learned how to choose a good machine from all the comments in that forum.

thk you Me,Jane.. will take a look at the topic!

Front-load saves elec(alot if u use heated washing) and water too, more environmentally friendly. Although it may take longer than top-load.

Front-load saves elec(alot if u use heated washing) and water too, more environmentally friendly. Although it may take longer than top-load.

In what ways does front loader save elec and water? Apart from the way the laundry is loaded, what is different from front and top loaders?

I agree, I have a 2-in-1 Electrolux washer/dryer... take a very long time to complete one cycle. The clothes still come out damp after the drying cycle. Don't know what's wrong.... sigh :bangwall:

I agree, I have a 2-in-1 Electrolux washer/dryer... take a very long time to complete one cycle. The clothes still come out damp after the drying cycle. Don't know what's wrong.... sigh :bangwall:

It depends on ur needs as i said.. If space is a premium, u dun have much of a choice! The most ideal situation for a washer cum dryer purchase is for small families of 1-3 persons! N drying function is seldom used!

thank for the info yjx :)

thank for the website leadania. now i know the pro and con of using a top and front load washer

summary:

Top Load Pro:

-Cheaper

-Easier to maintain

Front Load Pro:

-More efficient (uses less water and detergent- like what yjx said)

-More space for laundry

Front Load Con:

- Expensive $$$$$

- Difficult to maintain and susceptible to mold

- Difficult to get rid of excess moisture thus can cause stinky smell over time

Thank you for the precious info regarding the 2 in 1. Electrolux should be a good brand right. Sad to know that the clothes still come out damp after the drying. Next time you know what to get

It depends on ur needs as i said.. If space is a premium, u dun have much of a choice! The most ideal situation for a washer cum dryer purchase is for small families of 1-3 persons! N drying function is seldom used!

think i wont be getting the 2 in 1 already. Better to use natural dry. buy separate dryer and washer realli take up space...