Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

D.i.y Magnetic Wall - Where To Buy Metal Plates

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dunno how big a size u r looking at. but i saw some at Ikea Alexander. do bear in mind that magnet can only stick onto steel.

and steel in its bare form will rust. hence stainless steel is out for u.

good luck in ur project bro :)

Edited by Batman

dunno how big a size u r looking at. but i saw some at Ikea Alexander. do bear in mind that magnet can only stick onto steel.

Yes, I saw those in Ikea but I am thinking of customising the metal wall to fit my needs. Thanks for your suggestion!

I'm thinking of starting a project to build up a metal wall. Any bro/sis knows where I can buy metal sheets?

i bought mine at a paint shop next to shin fa 2008 hardware shop after sembawang shopping center. cant really remember the shop name but they provide the cutting of the metal sheet as well. my guess most of the hardware shops shld have this.

Just to share:

Stainless steel won't rust easily. Restuarant kitchen, wet market stall and food process industry

use stainless steel wares mainly in grade 304.

Those handrailing seen along the coastal is 316 stainless steel becos seawater is salty, the 304 material will rust easily.

As for the bare steel, I think you are refering to cold rolled sheet or the black coloured - mild steel sheet.

Edited by gladyslim

Tried that, CMI. Even with many coats, can only hang very light magnetic. Not recommended.

What dimension, material you need & where's your location.

I think EG plate and galvanised sheet is better as it has a layer of etching but the glavanised sheet is not that easy to paint with.

Stainless steel and aluminium won't attract magnet.

Edited by gladyslim

What dimension, material you need & where your location.

I'm looking for four stripes of about 1m x 12cm. Any material that magnetic could stick on. Staying in clementi.

I'm looking for four stripes of about 1m x 12cm. Any material that magnetic could stick on. Staying in clementi.

Steel sheet normally comes in 1220 x 2440 or 1524 x 3048mm

Since you need small pc, I pm you a place to get try.

Only 1mm or 1.2mm thk mild steel sheet, the edges is very sharp, you need to file it yourself.

HI all,

Saw the same idea in latest Home and Decor.

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/bigidea/stick-%E2%80%99em

Want to turn a side of the wall cabinet into a magnetic wall in my kids room. A good way to show case their art work.

The side of the cabinet is wood and dimension is 58cm x 217cm. need some advice here:

1) where to get the metal sheet, with shop name and tel would be good.

2) how glue the metal sheet onto the side of wood cabinet? what glue/chemical to use so that it stick on well and last long?

3) thinking of not painting the metal sheet as it probably complement the room decor, what is the metal grade/material to use if to leave it bare metal?

Thank you.

3) thinking of not painting the metal sheet as it probably complement the room decor, what is the metal grade/material to use if to leave it bare metal?

what i meant is i want a clean sheet of metal that need not paint and look nice/clean at the same time. what grade of metal sheet to use?