Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjrico1972

I Just Love My Dunlopillow

Anyone here heard of Dunlop's Firmrest Supreme? I was at Dozz and was quoted 2k for Queen size with Bedframe + Free Delivery & Installation.

There has been a lot of reviews on Dunlop mattresses failing after first few years. How true is it?

Appreciate everyone's view on the mattress.

Edited by chival

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've been sleeping on my Dunlop for the past 10 years without issues.

Still happy with it.

Out of curiosity, actually what really happens when a matteress "fail"

For a water heater failing means cannot boil water

For a car failing means cannot move

For a matteress ... hmm ........ :rolleyes:

Anyone here heard of Dunlop's Firmrest Supreme? I was at Dozz and was quoted 2k for Queen size with Bedframe + Free Delivery & Installation.

There has been a lot of reviews on Dunlop mattresses failing after first few years. How true is it?

With the current promo on Dutchess (new) why you prefer Firmrest Supreme ??? It is slighter "lower class" than Dutchess (New). Just curious.....ha ha

With the current promo on Dutchess (new) why you prefer Firmrest Supreme ??? It is slighter "lower class" than Dutchess (New). Just curious.....ha ha

Not my personal choice, if you know what I mean. Haha....

Awkwardly enough, if it's lower class, then it's definitely overpriced. It's more expensive than the Dutchess (new) by 400++ dollars.

I think firmrest got 2 range. 1 is supreme 1 is normal.... are you referring to the normal firmrest?

The Dutchess (new) and Firmrest Supreme both uses talalay latex. The only difference is that the Firmrest Supreme uses a Honeycomb Pocketed Spring and the Dutchess (new) is Individual Pocketed Spring.

Thanks for your review. I hope to get more information to make up my mind.

Edited by chival

I've been sleeping on my Dunlop for the past 10 years without issues.

Still happy with it.

Out of curiosity, actually what really happens when a matteress "fail"

For a water heater failing means cannot boil water

For a car failing means cannot move

For a matteress ... hmm ........ :rolleyes:

I think I forgot... I too own a Dunlop at the moment and have been sleeping on it for 10 years. Maybe because I don't flip my mattresses so it has already sagged. Some areas the spring is already not supporting especially at the edges. Sorry forgot to specify where fail....

I thought it was just another "self promotion" but it was not.

When I passed by the display window, I saw a plushy looking "Q" mattress which caught my attention, I was too shy to go in as it looked very classy but I was being invited in by the staff.

Guess what, it was offering at $1299, it was called Dutchess (New) Talalay Latex with pocketed spring.

Ha Ha, slightly cheaper than you guys as the shop was having their 1st anniversary cum Great Singapore Sale and I managed to squeeze 1 more bolster into the existing free gifts !!!!

Did you have to pay the 7% gst on the $1299 ?

What were "the existing free gifts" ?

Did you get :

1. 2 Dunlopillo pillows - which model/type ?

2. 1 Dunlopillo mattress protector - which model/type ?

3. a free "designer leather bedframe" too - if so, what type of leather promised [PU or PVC ?]

Your free bolster - which Dunlopillo model was it ?

I'm told the bedframe design I chose is not some 'discontinued design' or taken from other suppliers

Hope it can maintain well over 10 years with the New Duchess - with Talalay Latex pillowtop and pocketed spring :P

Several days before I happened to be at Harvey Norman

- saw a Dunlopillo pocket spring with pillowtop [NOT told specifically that it was a Duchess so don't think it was] with free PVC leather bedframe [beige/brown/black] at $1199 + $50 Delivery

- also a Dunlopillo Ortho at $799 with free bedframe + $50 Delivery

After that I read up on mattresses by googling & reading such forums etc .....

And yes, I also went for the Furniture Expo Fair the previous Sun and simply walked out after a short round - waste of time ... Gain City had a very long queue tho !

Then took a cab for short ride to the Lorenzo Showroom nearby where we bought our sofa and dining set at discounted price zz

Did you have to pay the 7% gst on the $1299 ?

What were "the existing free gifts" ?

Did you get :

1. 2 Dunlopillo pillows - which model/type ?

2. 1 Dunlopillo mattress protector - which model/type ?

3. a free "designer leather bedframe" too - if so, what type of leather promised [PU or PVC ?]

Your free bolster - which Dunlopillo model was it ?

I'm told the bedframe design I chose is not some 'discontinued design' or taken from other suppliers

Hope it can maintain well over 10 years with the New Duchess - with Talalay Latex pillowtop and pocketed spring :P

Several days before I happened to be at Harvey Norman

- saw a Dunlopillo pocket spring with pillowtop [NOT told specifically that it was a Duchess so don't think it was] with free PVC leather bedframe [beige/brown/black] at $1199 + $50 Delivery

- also a Dunlopillo Ortho at $799 with free bedframe + $50 Delivery

After that I read up on mattresses by googling & reading such forums etc .....

And yes, I also went for the Furniture Expo Fair the previous Sun and simply walked out after a short round - waste of time ... Gain City had a very long queue tho !

Then took a cab for short ride to the Lorenzo Showroom nearby where we bought our sofa and dining set at discounted price zz

Just received my goods today, no complaint at all.....Good co-ordination...

This is what i get :

Dunlop Dutchess (New) "Q" size mattress

$1299/- nett no more additional charges

Genuine Dunlop White Cloud pillows, Genuine Dunlop bolster and protector.

Just received my goods today, no complaint at all.....Good co-ordination...

This is what i get :

Dunlop Dutchess (New) "Q" size mattress

$1299/- nett no more additional charges

Genuine Dunlop White Cloud pillows, Genuine Dunlop bolster and protector.

Is that your 2nd Dunlop Dutchess - WITHOUT any free bedframe ?

I hope I get the softer genuine Dunlop pillows too ....

Because in the other Dunlopillo thread , you said you paid $1,500 with free basic bedframe

"i just bought mine from TradeHub 21, Dunlop Sleep Ctr for $1500- nett "Q" mattress with a free leather bed frame..... "

"QUOTE (kakaout @ Jul 4 2010, 01:52 PM)

My is the new dutchess !! c/w a basic leather bed frame.

Just delivered yesterday, simply comfly epescially after the Spain win. Feel so refresh now !!!!!!!!"

Mind telling me WHAT TYPE of leather was used here in that bedframe [PU/PVC ?]

Also did you get the freebies with the 1st mattress - 2 pillows & mattress protector ?

Errmm .... I MIGHT have that free Dunop bolster too after all - let's see on delivery :)

Is that your 2nd Dunlop Dutchess - WITHOUT any free bedframe ?

I hope I get the softer genuine Dunlop pillows too ....

Because in the other Dunlopillo thread , you said you paid $1,500 with free basic bedframe

"i just bought mine from TradeHub 21, Dunlop Sleep Ctr for $1500- nett "Q" mattress with a free leather bed frame..... "

"QUOTE (kakaout @ Jul 4 2010, 01:52 PM)

My is the new dutchess !! c/w a basic leather bed frame.

Just delivered yesterday, simply comfly epescially after the Spain win. Feel so refresh now !!!!!!!!"

Mind telling me WHAT TYPE of leather was used here in that bedframe [PU/PVC ?]

Also did you get the freebies with the 1st mattress - 2 pillows & mattress protector ?

Errmm .... I MIGHT have that free Dunop bolster too after all - let's see on delivery :)

i want to know where to get dunlop duchess at $1500 too!!!

Decided to buy the dunlopillo new royal premier instead. The missus and I really liked the soft pillow top with supportive springs below. Got it at $2k for the other forumers reference. The slumberland tempsmart 1600 feels more supportive but not as plush.

Decided to buy the dunlopillo new royal premier instead. The missus and I really liked the soft pillow top with supportive springs below. Got it at $2k for the other forumers reference. The slumberland tempsmart 1600 feels more supportive but not as plush.

No one talk about full latex mattress... It is kinda expensive $2500 onward for a king size... Im thinking of getting 3 for my 3 bedrooms and another lower range for my guess room.. So it is kinda expensive... Anyone bought full latex dunlopillo? Where is the place offer best price for dunlopillo?

No one talk about full latex mattress... It is kinda expensive $2500 onward for a king size... Im thinking of getting 3 for my 3 bedrooms and another lower range for my guess room.. So it is kinda expensive... Anyone bought full latex dunlopillo? Where is the place offer best price for dunlopillo?

Try Affrendz @ AMK Northstar. You should get good price there. Do not hesitate to bargain.

I bought my New Duchess (Q size) + Bed frame+ 2 pillows+ 2 mattress protectors for $1500 in the month of august'10.

Which was the cheapest in the town that time. :)