Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discolite

Where To Find A Really Big Mirror?

Looking for a mirror to place in my dining room. It needs to be at least 2m wide, 1.3m tall. Huge. Either wall mounted or (preferably) the standing, lean-tilted-against-wall type.

Anyone saw any in any shops recently? Preferably a modern frame but will consider opulent or ... anything really.

Actually, we saw the perfect one in Marquis but it's near $10k. Hoping for one with a more reasonable price tag. Any top-offs appreciated!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u get it custom made will be cheaper and u can choose the design of the frame, if u very free u can try Dempsey Rd

Any suggestions on where to get it custom made?

Meanwhile, will check out the Mirror House and Littlewode. Just passed Littlewode in JB yesterday actually, didn't know they had a local branch coming up :)

i did mine with my ID

she mentioned the max size usually 7 ft by 3 ft

SNC01129.jpg

Max size should be 8 ft X 4 ft. Had that in my old house dinning area. As the lift can't fit, the poor guys had to carry it up 12 floors.

Below is the mirror in my old place. Please note that there is 2 mirrors there, the smaller pieces is for the corner display. The 8ft x 4ft one is the main piece i.e. the full length of the seatee.

olddinningarea.png

Max size should be 8 ft X 4 ft. Had that in my old house dinning area. As the lift can't fit, the poor guys had to carry it up 12 floors.

how much is per piece of 8ft x 4ft? i will need quite a few pieces for my place

u can try this shop called "The Mirror House"

they have many HUGE mirrors. good luck bro! :)

Went there yesterday and you're right! Many many big mirrors at a pretty decent price.

The biggest ones they had on display were 2x1.5m. However, I asked if they could custom a 2.4x2m and they said yes - single piece of glass mind you, not joined - for under $2k.

Great tip, thanks!

Went there yesterday and you're right! Many many big mirrors at a pretty decent price.

The biggest ones they had on display were 2x1.5m. However, I asked if they could custom a 2.4x2m and they said yes - single piece of glass mind you, not joined - for under $2k.

Great tip, thanks!

but unless living in landed or first floor, how to bring the mirror up? did you tell you? if can one piece instead of joining, i also interested to know.

no problem bro. that's e power of forum. every1 share wat they knw n learn from their reno process.

and so happen i went to this shop before, and so happen i saw ur post. hahaha

anyway like wat yuenyuen mentioned, if u r living in HDB, u may want to check w them how do they

transport n do they have any additional charges or not.

I bought mine fromm littlewode at their pre-opening sales. However, it is only 1.8m long x 800mwide with solid wooden frame. It cost me only $299 + $60 for delivery.

you can call them at 62806773 to check on your required size.

where is the littlewode located at ?

where is the littlewode located at ?

Whilst it might look good with the full size mirror, but my experience tells me that smaller mirrors aligned together is better for a varirty of reasons.

1.Easier to transport.

2Risk of breakage higher with bigger glass

2.On a big mirror, if there is a crack, the whole mirror breaks, whilst if they are made up of several smaller ones, you only need to change the broken piece.

If perfectly aligned and screwed down with mirror studs, it will look beautiful, but you may want to blend it into your decor by using wooden/aluminium frames.

folks: i have a big mirror in the toilet, over the last 1 year due to moisture and poor quality of the make, the black spotting started to appear. Believe me it's a big mirror and it like glued to the wall. I always have reservation about this mirror as i am always fearful that it will topple and comes crashing down.

I have been comtemplating to try something new and am not sure if any of you have use arcylic mirror before, i called up the factory and they will cut to size and deliver but will have to find someone to get it installed and disposed the current one. Below, i have included their website for you to do a readup on it benefit.

http://www.dama.com.sg/acrylic.htm

If you like what you read and is adventures enough to try, this could be an alternative for you. All these home improvement stuff, it is always a learning for me as it takes my mind away from work and do some thing else.

:rolleyes:

Whilst it might look good with the full size mirror, but my experience tells me that smaller mirrors aligned together is better for a varirty of reasons.

1.Easier to transport.

2Risk of breakage higher with bigger glass

2.On a big mirror, if there is a crack, the whole mirror breaks, whilst if they are made up of several smaller ones, you only need to change the broken piece.

If perfectly aligned and screwed down with mirror studs, it will look beautiful, but you may want to blend it into your decor by using wooden/aluminium frames.

my living room is 15ft long and am thinking of having mirrors along the full length of it.. any recommendations?

mine is hdb so height is around 8ft high only....