Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Home Painting: Nippon Or Ici Better?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

suggestion -

if never plaster walls-- ie not very smooth,

choose only MAtt paint,

as my plc paint low sheen nippon & all the imperfections can see clearly

Hi,

am thinking to repaint my home, anyone knows if Nippon or ICI better? Thanks.

Has been using Nippon to paint my house. Is abit cheaper then ICI.

Going to paint my house soon also..

Has been using Nippon to paint my house. Is abit cheaper then ICI.

Going to paint my house soon also..

Hi Retro83, is Home-Fix a good place to go for nippon Paints?

Hi Retro83, is Home-Fix a good place to go for nippon Paints?

they r abit more ex.

I usually get my paint form those hardware/paint shop.

ya, get from these shops better. Look around for reliable paint shops that sells reasonable price.

they r abit more ex.

ya, get from these shops better. Look around for reliable paint shops that sells reasonable price.

Ya..they are indeed more expensive but I still get from them to save the trouble of going around looking for colors that I wanted .. I needed quite a number of colors around my 5-Room flat to make it more cozy as well as to make the living / dining hall into sections. 3 colors in MBR, 3 colors in Nursery Room and 2 Colors in Guest Room and 4 Colors in Living / Dining...Hahaha..sounds crazy rite..indeed..so much hassle to paste masking tape and touch up.

Anyway, thanks for your advices.

with so many colours. Your paint cost will be exp.

Within each brand there are oso different types of paint, like for ICI, wash and wear is exp but I chose it for the majority of the wall.

With young kids, am sure have to clean the wall and I dun want the paint to peel off after multiple cleaning. I was asked to top up additional $180 by contractor when I chose wash n wear, supreme 3 in one and dulux all

Different types of paint have advantages and disadvantages.. If you have kids on your house, choose a paint that cannot peel by your kids..

----------------------

Concrete Repair

Ya, that probably be expensive to have more colors as the amount of paint you will need to buy is more. E.g. you will need 4 litres to finish 3 walls but you can't buy 1L can x 4, it will be very expensive, then you will have to buy a 5L can.

I only bought 2 x 5L can of Nippon Easy Wash, the rests are Vinilex Premium costs S$46 / 5L can. Vinilex does not mean that you can wash, is just not that easy... I don't mind painting it again as time goes by when it becomes dirty as wall is much easier to paint compare to ceiling.

4 x 5L Smart White for Ceiling & Bomb Shelter

8 x 5L & 6x 1L for All walls (Easy Wash + Vinilex)

1 x 5L & 2 x 1L for doors (Bodelac)

Yeah usually home fix more expensive.. go neighbourhood stores may be cheaper..Currently I'm doing re-paint of my balcony.. Using ICI for it..

nv buy from home fix or DIY fix those kind of stores la

well unless you dont mind the cost

neighborhood painting shops usually carry alotttt of range of colours already,go to one which is big and gives reasonable quotes

Am trying to find such a shop around the Queenstown- Bukit Merah - Holland V area- anyone knows if there's any? no choice then will make a trip to Balestier... Looking to prime & paint my metal gate. Does anyonw have experience with removing rust and repainting the standard issue HDB gate? (abt 10 yrs old flat)