Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Curious_Chap

Soundbar

Looking at setting up the audio for my new place. Also yet to be able to decide on the system, considering a simple "theatre in a box" (maybe BR). Currently considering having a soundbar, to minimize the running of cables. Interested in Sony HTC-T500 3.1, but i understand local set are not available.

Any advices and recommendation are most appreciated, thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Looking at setting up the audio for my new place. Also yet to be able to decide on the system, considering a simple "theatre in a box" (maybe BR). Currently considering having a soundbar, to minimize the running of cables. Interested in Sony HTC-T500 3.1, but i understand local set are not available.

Any advices and recommendation are most appreciated, thanks.

Soundbar is ok for room set up, not for living room.

Do you have a budget?

cheers

Thanks for the advice.

I'm hoping to spend below 1K, not sure what this can get me other than the household brand hts. Hv heard and read alot abt Denon but being a noob not sure how much to expect and what is required for a entry level system.

Fyi, the sofa to the tv is abt 3.5m or nearer.

wat is the room area suitable for soundbar?

Bedroom is best. The worst place for soundbar is the living room regradless how small the are may be.

Do a search in this forum about Soundbar deficiency. I still have no idea how the soundbar can "deflect"

rear speakers sound effect as compared to a dedicated rear speaker.

Cheers

Bedroom is best. The worst place for soundbar is the living room regradless how small the are may be.

Do a search in this forum about Soundbar deficiency. I still have no idea how the soundbar can "deflect"

rear speakers sound effect as compared to a dedicated rear speaker.

Cheers

Noted... have gave up the idea of soundbar, In fact i've placed a deposit for denon 1910 today :o

Noted... have gave up the idea of soundbar, In fact i've placed a deposit for denon 1910 today :o

Well done! Good on you. Let's us know how your surround sound enjoyment progresses?

as low as possible haha

Yamaha has came out with a latest SoundBar model YSP-4100 (to match 40inch TVs) & YSP-5100 (to match 50inch TVs). I know soundbar can fully replace actual 5.1 or 7.1 system but I really can't live with wire clutters everywhere...

Thought of the following soundbar system in order of preference

1. Philips (most popular)

2. LG (new in market?)

3. Yahama (most expensive)

4. Samsung (bulky)

I understand its best suited for bedroom and not living room because the sound needs to bounce off walls to have that simulated 5.1 or 7.1 effect. I was actually thinking of changing my living room layout to get that kinda effect.

Can anyone share their views on soundbar system?

Cheers,

oinkoink1999

I understand its best suited for bedroom and not living room because the sound needs to bounce off walls to have that simulated 5.1 or 7.1 effect. I was actually thinking of changing my living room layout to get that kinda effect.

Can anyone share their views on soundbar system?

Cheers,

oinkoink1999

How are you going to change your living room layout to optimize soundbar performance?

There's no way soundbar can produce the distinct audio coming out from a 5.1/7.1 set up. What you get is noise clutter from a sounbar.

I think the cable clutter is the least of your concerns. And mind you, soundbars are not exactly cheap.

Cheers

How are you going to change your living room layout to optimize soundbar performance?

There's no way soundbar can produce the distinct audio coming out from a 5.1/7.1 set up. What you get is noise clutter from a sounbar.

I think the cable clutter is the least of your concerns. And mind you, soundbars are not exactly cheap.

Cheers

Just my thoughts, I intend to design the TV console perpendicular to my wall which is on the left. On the right is my proposed study room. I know the cinematic effect of 5.1/7.1 but I seldom play DVDs or audios CDs which is why I just wanna have a simple soundbar system. My current house is using 1st generation of sony 5.1 system since year 2000 and it is still working..haha..wires is an ugly sight and rear speakers stand have been removed ever since I have kids..frankly speaking..my ears can't tell the difference between 8 bit , 16 bit or 24 bit music...no offence though i agree soundbars are not cheap.. :)

Just my thoughts, I intend to design the TV console perpendicular to my wall which is on the left. On the right is my proposed study room. I know the cinematic effect of 5.1/7.1 but I seldom play DVDs or audios CDs which is why I just wanna have a simple soundbar system. My current house is using 1st generation of sony 5.1 system since year 2000 and it is still working..haha..wires is an ugly sight and rear speakers stand have been removed ever since I have kids..frankly speaking..my ears can't tell the difference between 8 bit , 16 bit or 24 bit music...no offence though i agree soundbars are not cheap.. :)

Let me find out your preference. You said "I seldom play DVDs or Audio CDs". Then why would you want to get a soundbar for?

MaybeI could suggest you could get a simple 2.1 or 3.1 system (Front L&R + center + sub) or (Front L&R + sub)

8 bit, 16bit & 24bit is only u have a good CD player & yes, the sound is quite distinct.

How about Elac speakers? Or Monitor Audio? Very good 2.1/3.1. Really, for that money you intend to spend on soundbar, I rather

advice you to get my suggested set up. And yes, if there's no need for rear speakers, one can do without.

Cheers