Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
np73

Repairing Parquet Flooring

My renovation is almost done, but one of my rooms which has parquet flooring is badly scratched. Short of getting professionals in to repair, can I DIY the repair myself? And how much would the materials cost? I have some time to spare, so dont mind DIY myself (if not too complex).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My renovation is almost done, but one of my rooms which has parquet flooring is badly scratched. Short of getting professionals in to repair, can I DIY the repair myself? And how much would the materials cost? I have some time to spare, so dont mind DIY myself (if not too complex).

Depending on the depth of the acratches, you can do a DIY job. First, rub it down with resonable rough sandpaper, followed by smooth sandpaper, and if the colour remains the same, paint poly utherene on top of it with a paint brush. Other wise you might have to get a stainer to bring back to its original colour

Depending on the depth of the acratches, you can do a DIY job. First, rub it down with resonable rough sandpaper, followed by smooth sandpaper, and if the colour remains the same, paint poly utherene on top of it with a paint brush. Other wise you might have to get a stainer to bring back to its original colour

Hi fiery dragon

whts poly utherene?,

do u have any solutions for loose parquet wood skirtings?

tia

its reasonably deep. So i suppose there is no hope then?? Previous owner used to drag those cheap MJ tables across the flooring, plus i think everyone at that table must have been heavy coz can see the deep deep depressions made by the legs of the mahjong table. Sianz,

If you have the time, come down to my warehouse.

We are wholesaler, importer and exporter of Parquet Flooring.

We sell the Glue, the Sanding Machine and the repair kit for Parquet flooring.

I can show you how to repair if you want.

Though it may be tedious.

A few ways to solve your problem.

1) To TOTAL RESAND your entire area and re-coat your floor with a better coat (waterbased coat).

2) To just repair the area by chisel/dig out the spoiled parquet and replace with a new one.

resand the area and re coat that area only. - the area may be spotted easily. not a good idea.

3) TO overlay with new parquet - most costly of course.

if you do yourself, u need the tools. but they are expensive.

so my advise to get the sanders to do for u.

in the parquet market, they are 2 kinds of contractors.

The installer - they are the ones that glue the parquet to the cement floor. - just install only.

the sanders - they are the ones that sand down the wood flooring and coat to finish.

get the right person, and u will save a lot of money. :)

you can visit my website at www.naturewood.com.sg and come to my warehouse at 38 sungei kadut street 2 to know more.

best regards,

simon.

1) To TOTAL RESAND your entire area and re-coat your floor with a better coat (waterbased coat).

2) To just repair the area by chisel/dig out the spoiled parquet and replace with a new one.

resand the area and re coat that area only. - the area may be spotted easily. not a good idea.

Hi Simon, I have 3 rooms which are on parquet for ten yrs. Does total resanding and recoating with a waterbased coat really make d parquet look as gd as new? I also wish to lay parquet on some areas joining these 3 rooms. Will the new parquet n recoated parquet look d same or d new parquet will stand out prominently ? I am contemplating changing the whole flooring of all rooms to new parquet but thought it is such a waste of d old parquet. Afterall they are good wood that should last a good 20-30 yrs, aren't they?

The installer - they are the ones that glue the parquet to the cement floor. - just install only.

the sanders - they are the ones that sand down the wood flooring and coat to finish.

you can visit my website at www.naturewood.com.sg and come to my warehouse at 38 sungei kadut street 2 to know more.

best regards,

simon.

Hi Simon, I have 3 rooms which are on parquet for ten yrs. Does total resanding and recoating with a waterbased coat really make d parquet look as gd as new? I also wish to lay parquet on some areas joining these 3 rooms. Will the new parquet n recoated parquet look d same or d new parquet will stand out prominently ? I am contemplating changing the whole flooring of all rooms to new parquet but thought it is such a waste of d old parquet. Afterall they are good wood that should last a good 20-30 yrs, aren't they?----

best regards,

simon.