Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi forgotten,

u've nailed it...heart really bleed cos of all the money involved!

but despite everything, it feels great to have a nice little place of our own :)

nowadays no more shopping & restaurants liao....

Edited by cacabi111

Many couples like us become bankrupts after the wedding and property purchase. We have no existing house to sell to gather the cash COV component, so we either have to wipe out our whole life savings or to take up personal loan to pay off the COV. Now we have no money to do renovation. We want to have a baby, also no money.

You have a flat, but no money and no baby, so not as much worry.

I have a flat, no money and 2 kids, more worry what say you? Luckily we are prudent in saving whilst living with the ILs; hey, i go to the salon only once a year before CNY!! lolz. :) To think back, i married my husband when he doesn't have a dime to his name, so after all these, we are back to square one but with a fixed asset!! lolz.

Luckily, PIL is kind enough to let us take whatever furniture we want from their place. :)

cacabi111 is right. a space of our own and to start a new life experience...priceless. :)

You have a flat, but no money and no baby, so not as much worry.

I have a flat, no money and 2 kids, more worry what say you? Luckily we are prudent in saving whilst living with the ILs; hey, i go to the salon only once a year before CNY!! lolz. :) To think back, i married my husband when he doesn't have a dime to his name, so after all these, we are back to square one but with a fixed asset!! lolz.

Luckily, PIL is kind enough to let us take whatever furniture we want from their place. :)

cacabi111 is right. a space of our own and to start a new life experience...priceless. :)

I have no kid to pay for but we have to pay $700 rent for our room monthly (no aircon) for a year hehe. Can't stay with inlaws to save on rent cos our mentally unsound sil chased us out of house.

I hope I can start my baby plan in 2 years time.

Yes it's definitely feel great to have own house. :)

Merry Xmas everyone! Ho Ho Ho

Edited by forgotten

I brought a 3'NG' Tampines flat (High floor, original condition) 1min to MRT and other malls. OTP at 12k during July but due to seller MOP got some problem so OTP has been delayed till AUG after appeal has been successful. Waited for 1month for the HDB approval, lucky I never go find other flat. We OTP again on the AUG and our previous OTP offer during july at 12k cov promise by seller. My 1st appt just done few days back. I find out that currently this flat location, people are asking 20k to 50k :jawdrop: Do I consider lucky? Waited very long for this flat, luckily manage to push 2nd appt 5weeks later. :yamseng:

Edited by davidbslee

Hi I am new here. I have just bought a 8-year old EA with 20k COV in Sembawang on Monday. The seller was asking for 50k COV but his valuation expiring in a few days so he die die also wanted to sell off, no choice compromise on 20k. Reno and condition excellent cos only seller are a young couple who work overseas and hardly in SGP.

We bought a flat in Strathmore Avenue in May at 20K below value - 7 year old, high floor, very good condition and tasteful decor. Apart from furniture and appliances, spent less than 3k on minimal reno like painting and adding fans and lights and overlaying bathroom floor and the result is very nice. Guess we chose the right time to buy.

I will be paying 30K for my EM (Yishun). Low floor but well-kept and certain areas like balcony and stairs just renovated. Marble flooring.

I think 30K is very high but no choice. The other EM owners were asking 40-60K. Besides, this EM is near to MRT and amenities.

Hi I am new here. I have just bought a 8-year old EA with 20k COV in Sembawang on Monday. The seller was asking for 50k COV but his valuation expiring in a few days so he die die also wanted to sell off, no choice compromise on 20k. Reno and condition excellent cos only seller are a young couple who work overseas and hardly in SGP.

you are very lucky!

the seller is unlucky to have met a CMI agent then! valuation expired can revaluate one ma.... unless there are inside news that the valuation will drop...if not....CMI ah...the agent

*CMI - Cannot Make It.

on a separate note, as the seller is hardly in SGP, you may want to get your agent to check if they fulfil the MOP; sometimes HDB can be sticky about it, cos the condition is 'physically staying' in the flat to fulfil the MOP.

Edited by jeda

I have no kid to pay for but we have to pay $700 rent for our room monthly (no aircon) for a year hehe. Can't stay with inlaws to save on rent cos our mentally unsound sil chased us out of house.

I hope I can start my baby plan in 2 years time.

Yes it's definitely feel great to have own house. :)

Merry Xmas everyone! Ho Ho Ho

wa...$700 monthly room rent...you must really be looking forward to your new flat. :)

Merry Christmas!!!

you are very lucky!

the seller is unlucky to have met a CMI agent then! valuation expired can revaluate one ma.... unless there are inside news that the valuation will drop...if not....CMI ah...the agent

*CMI - Cannot Make It.

on a separate note, as the seller is hardly in SGP, you may want to get your agent to check if they fulfil the MOP; sometimes HDB can be sticky about it, cos the condition is 'physically staying' in the flat to fulfil the MOP.

Actually the seller have many agents selling for them. I saw this house about a month back, but was put off by their COV asking even though like the house very much. It's high at 15th storey (highest 16) and totally unblock from balcony and all rooms facing south.

Was surprised when this agent bought me to this place again. So haggle a bit till 20k sign on day 1 and exercise on day 3. :-D

$38K COV for Sengkang 5I, Top flr, corner unit in Nov 09.

Thou asking is a bit high, the reno is really nicely done up...so...we will be treatin this $38K as $ spent for reno lor...

save us more headache !

Hunted ard for units in Hougang for one mth, viewd 30+ units...

but all askin damm HIGH and most of the time, condition Sucks....big time !

Actually the seller have many agents selling for them. I saw this house about a month back, but was put off by their COV asking even though like the house very much. It's high at 15th storey (highest 16) and totally unblock from balcony and all rooms facing south.

Was surprised when this agent bought me to this place again. So haggle a bit till 20k sign on day 1 and exercise on day 3. :-D

Hey I viewed that same unit in Oct too hehe. It's indeed very well-renovated, looks like a resort and has nice views. The agent was pretty cocky in the way he talked to us. He was demanding at least 50K COV and boasting that he was very confident that it would be sold off the very next day! After we left that unit shortly, the agent called us up, accused us of stealing the valuation report and scolded us over it. Why should we steal his report LOL? Seeing the agent's attitude, my hubby and I became uninterested to bargain the price and make an offer to him though we like that unit.

I think u really have fate with that unit! :) U viewed it at the right timing when the valuation report was expiring + the right agent who CMI haha. That unit is defintely a great buy!

Edited by forgotten