Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

the planting plot is not included in the "size" of the unit. It was only added a few years ago, as part of the lift upgrading programme. thus everyone gets a lift, but the gorund floor units gets a "plot". It is bigger then 4 sqm definitely. The price have since shot up from 350k in 2004 to the now 500k bracket.

humm... i'm not into gardening but if we can do anything to that plot of land, eg like build a pond that it is worth it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I paid $17k for a 104sqm 4-room in Choa Chu Kang. OTP in March, 1st appointment over, second appointment next month! What I like about the unit is that it is near Sunshine Place, where there's a food court and Giant supermarket. It is low floor, #03 only, but I've always lived on a low floor so am used to it. Really happy to get this flat after 3 years of failed HDB balloting!

jus to share mine also...

i paid $22k for 126 sq m EA in Jelebu Rd.

everything is almost picture perfect!

- bukit panjang plaza opp, bus interchange beside us, mrt beside us in near future, ten mile junction redevelopment, sports complex

- unit is squarish, bright and the big bonus is that my unit has breeze coming in!

except that it is low floor on the 4th. well, give and take i suppose.

likewise, did not want to wait for BTO and because I did not like the idea that the location of flat is not within my control

humm... i'm not into gardening but if we can do anything to that plot of land, eg like build a pond that it is worth it.

Indeed very unique.

Four storey block

1st floor unit has a gardening plot with a bigger "Balcony".

3rd floor unit has a tapered high ceiling and with "private" lift.

You can do anything to that gardening plot.

Saw some ppl planting, some turned it into a alfresco coffee place. (Coffee bean like tentage)

But still dun think the extra 4sqm land (bigger balcony) commands 100k COV more. Not easy to earn 100k!

Indeed very unique.

Four storey block

1st floor unit has a gardening plot with a bigger "Balcony".

3rd floor unit has a tapered high ceiling and with "private" lift.

You can do anything to that gardening plot.

Saw some ppl planting, some turned it into a alfresco coffee place. (Coffee bean like tentage)

But still dun think the extra 4sqm land (bigger balcony) commands 100k COV more. Not easy to earn 100k!

agreed, definitely not worth the 100k extra. the previous ground unit sold, at blk 122, was 480k also. so the 580k is really a new high. nonetheless, really love this area.

jus to share mine also...

i paid $22k for 126 sq m EA in Jelebu Rd.

everything is almost picture perfect!

- bukit panjang plaza opp, bus interchange beside us, mrt beside us in near future, ten mile junction redevelopment, sports complex

- unit is squarish, bright and the big bonus is that my unit has breeze coming in!

except that it is low floor on the 4th. well, give and take i suppose.

likewise, did not want to wait for BTO and because I did not like the idea that the location of flat is not within my control

congrats!

i like Jelebu too!

but i cannot afford EA and they have very very limited 4rm.....

Wow didn't know that there is a thread where people share their COV. After reading this thread, I feel so much more confortable. Haha cos can come to know other people who throw their hard earn money down the drain.

I bought 5 room improved resale in Jurong East. Point block 17th floor. House built in 1982. Stone's throw from Chinese Garden MRT. Throw another stone and can reach my mother's. So like what everybody says, if you gian the location, guess there's not much left to do but top throw your hard earn money down the drain. Lol.

Valuation: 478k

COV: 47k

2nd appt in one week's time!

Paid 27k for my 20-yr-old EM in Woodlands. Original condition. Reno damage 54k with no design whatsoever but just basic overhaul of the unit. Changed everything except unit itself. Heartache when realise $$ fly just like that. But needed a bigger space for my kids n location is 15 min walk to amenities so not to bad. Wonder whether there's a thread for reno amount n the extent of work...

$27k COV for tampines 4-room 104 sqm corridor unit high rise

23 yr old. original owner

Collected keys on 20 Apr.

Major overhaul: 36k

My neighbour said that we can see fireworks from corridor.

Let's see how true on national day but reno has to complete first.

A 5I unit at West is asking for $70K cov. 1st open hse was on 16 May.

I've offered $50K but till now still no news from their agent (unit still not sold).

Agent said owner die die also must have $60K -.-"

More info of this unit. A reno is needed as the 2nd owner already occupied for 10 yrs. Est. reno will cost $35K. It's at 9th flr.

I'm willing to pay high cov is becos' it's near to my in-law hse, my son's school and my nanny's hse - all within 5 mins walk.

Otherswise, I think I will not pay more than $30K for cov.

Sometimes it is the agent playing the mind game. Can also be seller not realistic with their asking.

Maybe you're right. But what can i do beside waiting for agent's answer. I wish I can knock on the seller's door and ask "Hey! Why u still not accepting my $50K???? You think your house really worth $70K????"

If you can wait, then play the waiting game. It is like fishing lor!

Was in the same situation as you. Viewed a EA and liked it very much. Asking was 650K. Asked agent for valuation and it was estimated @ 575K....which i was surprised, cos i've been looking for this area for the past 1 year and have been doing our homework. (we estimated valuation to be in the range of 480K) So you do the maths on the COV loh! :o

30K COV

5I, 8 min walk to Redhill MRT.

Different race house.

Quite an overhaul except flooring to living/dining/bedroom flooring (all same tiles), windows and grills and main & bedroom doors.

Re-did kitchen, 2 toilets, re-wiring, wardrobes for 3 bedrooms, painting

Re-using existing TV console, study tables, dining set and beds

Total reno cost = 12K

Sanitary ware = 1.2K

Electrical rewiring 2K, lights, fan plus installation 1K = 3K

Aircon = 2.6K

Carpentary (3 wardrobes 8 feet, 8 feet, 6 feet and kitchen) = 7K

Curtains + rods + brackets = $540

42" TV, 32" TV and fridge = 2K

Grand total approx 28K

Here's my contribution:

Sold: JW 5I Design and Build (Floor area: 113sqm)

(Valuation:450K; COV:45K)

House is pretty decent, squarish layout, all rooms with build-in cupboards and recess areas done up. Master-bedroom has a WIW. High floor.

Bought: B.Batok EA (Floor area: 152sqm)

(Valuation:495K; COV: 50K)

House is pretty decent, huge hall, minimum reno required. Master-bedroom comes with WIW. High Floor.

I pay 88k COV for CCK EA 143sqm. The top floor corner unit. it is within the 3 min walk to mrt but not directly facing MRT so no noise. i agree that you have to see the unit in order to judge whether it is worth the COV.