Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

maybe not as high.. but the rental will still be quite good.. at least 2.5k. In any case, rental for these flat with excellence location are hard to come by.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just to highlite one reason why some flats are sold so very very high..

i was told that the rental for a 4-rm flat at a good location such as kim tian , redhill can fetch as much as 4k a mth if rent out totally..This rental yield is even better than any 1 mil condo. With such high returns, I dun mind buying and leave it empty for 3 yrs.

Sharp observation ! Remember:

Rule 1: "Golden goose" cannot forever keeps hatching "golden eggs".

Rule 2: High risk = high gain, reverse is also true: high gain = high risk.

Rule 3: S'poreans are Kiasu & Kiasi = want the "gain", don't want the "risk". When is my turn?

That was why got all these high COV things lah.

Edited by bepgof

dun think it's high risk leh. No matter what. Property is abt location, location and location.

Good time bad times, these property will fetch a decent price because they are rare.

Property that are near the mrt and near central are always hot. Even with > 100k , not many ppl are selling their flat.

Orh.. just to add..

Of course there are sheeps that buy flats with high COV, without looking at the age of the flat. Some flats in the central are already 20-30 yrs olds.. meaning that once they cross the 40 mark.. they are quite worthless unless there is plan to SER.

Edited by Jgal

I viewed sme units with my Thai fren who was looking for a rental unit there. i suppose yrs is Blk 6 or 32. But tat cemetry look very neat. Many ppl not even aware there is cemetry in Holland V. Paying for location is the key to gd resalue value. holland V, Tg pagar, Tiong Bahru , m parade area will always fetch gd px. But you look ard now, even potong pasir low flr who score low in recent twn council ratings also close at 345K for 3 rm flat. Agents told me recent close even in Circuit rd (1967 to 1971 flats) close over 30K cov. I ask them who will pay and they say PRC national cme in hard cash!!

Ya u r rgt . i bought it juz 1 yr ago. 1 yr later i sold. even when agents and buyers called me i told them abt the cmetry. out of 10, 9 still came. i sold at 29k thinking very good deal already. but later got calls offering up to 40k for a rundown cemetry facing unit. but i was not greedy as i already saved the agent comm.so old or new high or low floor. location sells. the rental there u can easily get condo in hillview area.from the time i sold till now price have shot up to another 30 to 50k.good location will sell by itself dun even need a agent.trust me.

dun think it's high risk leh. No matter what. Property is abt location, location and location.

Good time bad times, these property will fetch a decent price because they are rare.

Property that are near the mrt and near central are always hot. Even with > 100k , not many ppl are selling their flat.

Orh.. just to add..

Of course there are sheeps that buy flats with high COV, without looking at the age of the flat. Some flats in the central are already 20-30 yrs olds.. meaning that once they cross the 40 mark.. they are quite worthless unless there is plan to SER.

From http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney...713-226809.html

Property agents told Shin Min Daily for about 20 per cent of the houses that were built in that period, the resale price is still lower than what the owners paid in 1996/7 - even for those near MRT stations and good schools.

Property agents told Shin Min Daily for about 20 per cent of the houses that were built in that period, the resale price is still lower than what the owners paid in 1996/7 - even for those near MRT stations and good schools.

Bishan 8 & the "one along steven Rd". "Good" locations but still sell at a loss leh,.

Edited by bepgof

Frankly.. near to mrts , but far away from town are not good locations to me.. and if you need to travel CTE to go work in town, worse. :P I think those flats refers to those at Bishan, AMK.

These flat basically does not command any good rental at all. Ppl buy those area last time because of the primary school.

Just to add.. like i say before.. you got to be sharp when you chose a flat. If you buy those 20-30 yr old flats, no matter how good is the location. The price may not hold.. those are the units you got to be careful.

Actually, i feel that this price surge is partly caused by the fact that there are limited flats in the central area. When owner of those units in the outskirt area, see that those central flats fetch 500k / 600k.. then they started to raised their price. Then fuelled by the reports of younger buyers unable to get a flat.. all the want-to-buyers panick and started this crazy price hike. Not to add, the booming asia property mkt.

Edited by Jgal

The EM I bought is one of these in-the-red sales - he told me he bought it in 1996 one year before the 1997 crisis at 520k. I bought it at 480k. He had been waiting for the market to upturn to a level which he felt he was able to bear the loss.

Bishan 8 & the "one along steven Rd". "Good" locations but still sell at a loss leh,.

yes! my fren juz bought a unit @ bishan8 too @$1.1m seller broke even - i don't get it, great location, just across the mrt & junction8. i assumed the seller would be making a killing considering the factors..what gives?!

Edited by titanax

I think those px were way over priced back then They were marketed at px 10 yrs dwn the road. Marketing Condos is all about hype. once the excitement dies off, ppl dun talk abt it any more. Only the really gd ones - Sea View, City Living type of propoerties will go up in value. But its matter of preference, I have a fren who will not swop his Yishun 3 room for a Cantonmnet 5 room.

I think those px were way over priced back then They were marketed at px 10 yrs dwn the road. Marketing Condos is all about hype. once the excitement dies off, ppl dun talk abt it any more. Only the really gd ones - Sea View, City Living type of propoerties will go up in value. But its matter of preference, I have a fren who will not swop his Yishun 3 room for a Cantonmnet 5 room.

On the same vein, isn't it possible that it's over priced now? The price is 10 yrs down the road from now?

anyone any idea which one along stevens road referring to?

Edited by random_username

personally, i think some of the EM are overpriced because their lease is shorter and location aint that great.

Remember during the downturn , 4rm flats would be the more sell-able type. Thus, when the downturn come, the bigger units will be first to be hit.