Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

Blk 116?? I saw this unit at high flr near lift and they were asking for 350K. Depending on floor, COV is between 25K upto 55K for rare units like super high floor corner.

Location is good but there is no supermarket (NTUC or ........) within walking distance. Also, railings feel low when you walk along coridor and their staircase railings were wide enough that they could fit an entire human being. Never seen such railings anywhere in spore. Looking down from Level 18 will make yr legs wobble - good thing they installed wire mesh in alternate floors.

not really. I used to stay there when i was a kid. True there is no NTUC nearby, bt u have macD oppoisite, KFC at the side, with community center within raech. there are lotssss of hawker centre around and an Econ Minimart below. MRT is just below the block without needing any brolly when it rains! =)

I agree the railings, becos my mom used to warn me about that when i was playing ard the corridor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
not really. I used to stay there when i was a kid. True there is no NTUC nearby, bt u have macD oppoisite, KFC at the side, with community center within raech. there are lotssss of hawker centre around and an Econ Minimart below. MRT is just below the block without needing any brolly when it rains! =)

I agree the railings, becos my mom used to warn me about that when i was playing ard the corridor.

I second your comments. Anyway, NTUC Supermarket is just 1 MRT stop away at TP Central or Bishan J8. Not a big deal cos certainly won't be going to the supermart everyday. My wife and I used to stay there too. I can only describe the location as GREAT -- less than 10mins to the heart of the city, all the way sheltered to the MRT, Cheers & 7-11, 4-D outlet, nice good food in surrounding area (the yong tau foo just below the block is always packed and the carrot cake at opp coffeeshop is good too!!), medical clinics, fast food joints, atms, AXS, wet market behind the block.... you name it, it's there. Depending on which level, it's really breezy so don't even need to switch on the fan. We didn't even have to own a car. Overall, a great and very livable location. In my opinion definitely worth considering. If not for the expansion of my family, we wouldn't trade this location for anywhere else.

I'm new here. Need to find out if anyone recently bought 5-room at Jurong West Blk 700+ series? Parents-in-law want to sell theirs and want to know what is the market rate for COV for this area.

I second your comments. Anyway, NTUC Supermarket is just 1 MRT stop away at TP Central or Bishan J8. Not a big deal cos certainly won't be going to the supermart everyday. My wife and I used to stay there too. I can only describe the location as GREAT -- less than 10mins to the heart of the city, all the way sheltered to the MRT, Cheers & 7-11, 4-D outlet, nice good food in surrounding area (the yong tau foo just below the block is always packed and the carrot cake at opp coffeeshop is good too!!), medical clinics, fast food joints, atms, AXS, wet market behind the block.... you name it, it's there. Depending on which level, it's really breezy so don't even need to switch on the fan. We didn't even have to own a car. Overall, a great and very livable location. In my opinion definitely worth considering. If not for the expansion of my family, we wouldn't trade this location for anywhere else.

If you all are referring to Blk 116, then this is wat my ex-colleague used to tell me. This blk is the tallest in that area. Its breezy and good view. He told me the steel wire that they install ins strircase has a reason.

Many years ago, his dad was smoking at the corridor when the lift door opened and he saw an unfamiliar lady walk out. She walked to the staircase and not long after he heard a "PUNG" sound. Guess what she did. Btw, the space is big enough even for someone like me & I have a 42" waistline. My hair stood and I almost bot the unit there.

If you all are referring to Blk 116, then this is wat my ex-colleague used to tell me. This blk is the tallest in that area. Its breezy and good view. He told me the steel wire that they install ins strircase has a reason.

Many years ago, his dad was smoking at the corridor when the lift door opened and he saw an unfamiliar lady walk out. She walked to the staircase and not long after he heard a "PUNG" sound. Guess what she did. Btw, the space is big enough even for someone like me & I have a 42" waistline. My hair stood and I almost bot the unit there.

Bro, where got steel wire in staircase? Must be wrong block lah! I stayed there for more than 8 years leh...

I'm new here. Need to find out if anyone recently bought 5-room at Jurong West Blk 700+ series? Parents-in-law want to sell theirs and want to know what is the market rate for COV for this area.

Anyone can help??

Bro, where got steel wire in staircase? Must be wrong block lah! I stayed there for more than 8 years leh...

Its the wire mesh between the staircase railings like what Boffi pointed out. It was secured at laternate floors. Anyway dun wori, that block very popular + these days not too many superman cases as braddell far away from IR.

collected my keys to a 4I unit at marine terrace..

valuation was 438k

cov was 55k

so total was 493k

COV 55K, I think MRT will push prices higher; they shd announce next year.

I believe prices will continue upward trend, SIBOR came down last week and this should spur some buying interest for rest of 2010. Alraedy big developers are planning big launches in 3Q. I read somewhere that HDB also looking at building in mature estates in 2011; this wl push prices already so high in these estates to shoot up even more. Tg Pagar is good area & will set new benchmark when Duxton@Pinnacle goes on sale in 5 yrs time. It wl be the 1st HDB to hit $1M - setting a new record for PUBLIC housing.

My Thai fren & his wife came to spore & got their PR in 2009. Were looking at selegie, Tg Pagar, Bugis area; but hv literally given up hope due to high COV in that area. agent say anything less than 50K dun waste time coming. Recently recommend them Serangoon central; i hve read from this forum and later wet down with them to reccee the area. Looks decent and centralised enuf, from there to dolby ghaut MRT in 13mins. But now, this area also asking for 40++K COV. How like that? If you think abt it, its a supply & demand thing, ppl are loaded with $$ and I know condo owners (ppl in my office) who buy and leave it vacant; simply waiting to rent out after 3 years or sell at profit. My another fren in 2004 bought a 3-room in Queestown for less than 200K, renovate at 70K and use it as love nest on weekends. It is now worth over 400K.

i totally agree the 1st HDB (4 or 5 rm flats only, exclude EM) that reach $1M will be from Duxton@Pinnacle. congratulate those owners from Pinnacle.

so what's a reasonable COV for central area in current market for u? price will not go up forever, but again i believe a repeat of 1996/1997 episode is unlikely as currently HDB system is build-to-order. it is just a matter of how to control the pricing of newer built flats by HDB, if new BTO from dawson can hit 500-600k+, what would be the price for new BTO within the central area (let says Tg pagar plaza kenna en-bloc in 10-20yrs time)?

looking ahead, in future most area will be covered by MRT network, so the keyword is still LOCATION.

Its the wire mesh between the staircase railings like what Boffi pointed out. It was secured at laternate floors. Anyway dun wori, that block very popular + these days not too many superman cases as braddell far away from IR.

Superman or wonderwoman still quite many around in Singapore, especially seem now get younger. My 31 yr old pt block got all these "iron bars" not wire mesh, to stop all these men & women from practising flying. They should put on a red underwear outside before flying.

Edited by bepgof

Superman or wonderwoman still quite many around in Singapore, especially seem now get younger. My 31 yr old pt block got all these "iron bars" not wire mesh, to stop all these men & women from practising flying. They should put on a red underwear outside before flying.

Wire mesh or iron bars no diff lah. Can go rooftop to dive also.

COV 55K, I think MRT will push prices higher; they shd announce next year.

think so. when my wife's colleague also wanted to get a unit around the area, her agent told her the price of the units already increased by about 10k on average.