Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
synapse

How Long Have You Been Looking For A Flat?

We started looking for flat in December '08, gave option to purchase in first week of May '09, first appointment in first week of July and second appointment in first week of September. Paid 20K below value. No major reno needed as flat was in excellent condition. Just painted and put ceiling fans and moved in first week of Oct. But from Dec to May must have seen what seemed like countless flats. We were not in a hurry so bought only when all our major requirements were satisfied.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

view for around 1 month, we lock on a unit at our 3rd day of flat viewing.. took me a while to agree to pay COV of 35k ( around 2 days )

But ownder withdraw sale...... after that we spot the same unit advertise under a diff address. this time round owner settle at cov of 40k .....expensive.....

in the first place we wanted to look around slowly.. but thats my side only.. my bf and parents are very certain on wat they want when they see it.

Abt 5 mths... but I specifically knew which area I wanted. It wasn't easy as the estate is small and supply was limited. Flats that were available had ridiculous CoVs that buyers happily coughed up.

Mine is really chop chop. Been looking at iproperty and propertyguru for some time but never viewed. Then saw 2 in newspapers and viewed on same day. Then bought 2nd flat, paid $1k on the spot. So in total only view 2 flats and use 1 day! Cos cov all so high, so high cov flats we never view. Value over budget also never view. Beautifully renovated flat also never view. Cos view already also no use. Not enough $ to buy!!

Mine is really chop chop. Been looking at iproperty and propertyguru for some time but never viewed. Then saw 2 in newspapers and viewed on same day. Then bought 2nd flat, paid $1k on the spot. So in total only view 2 flats and use 1 day! Cos cov all so high, so high cov flats we never view. Value over budget also never view. Beautifully renovated flat also never view. Cos view already also no use. Not enough $ to buy!!

I think it depends alot on your criteria, how strict you set. For my sister, it only took her 1 month. Cause the only criteria she had was that the area should be very near an MRT station and near a primary school for her kid next time P1 registration. She used a website that can search for areas which match the criteria (near MRT and pri sch) then it links to property listings that matches on propertyguru...Call agent, view, settled! hahaha..I think the website called 'shownearby analytics'...

But i guess she also heng she got a good agent and all lar, otherwise also headache

Just to share... Not all divorcee sellers will sell their houses below the market rate...

Yup, I just sold a flat for divorcee couple, they received good COV because location was good and it was original Lift level.

i took 2 weeks - viewed 12 units and OTP-ed the 11th one :)

my sis moved house 2 times and for both cases, she viewed only 2 units then confirmed liaoz.

Edited by marshmallow

We started looking ard after the 2nd attempt failed in Oct 2009 sale of balance flat.OTP 4th Jan 2010 for a 3 room flat in Bedok with COV 15k.Next week gonna be our 1st appt date.....wait till our neck grow long.....

for me, thinking of buying a flat for 3 years. i looked for a flat after CNY and signed OTP after the 2nd view. all within a month. this is the lower COV i can find in punggol. i lock it in fast because i don't have to do much on the revo and it is still very new.

it took me less than 1 week to find a flat after i received hdb loan letter (4-5days), 1 Saturday view 6 flats

Edited by dean

it took me less than 1 week to find a flat after i received hdb loan letter (4-5days), 1 Saturday view 6 flats

Fantastic! Fast hand fast leg. I like that.

You must have been firmed in yr location/budget/type of flat you want. Or, you must have been driven by desperation.

Can tell where & how much you paid?

Edited by bepgof

i bought mine during the walk-in selection period in end 07, Q overnite outside tpy hdb hub to get a good no, 20+. very fast process.. once selected, within 3mth gotten the keys liao.

managed to select a high flr unit @ Aspella, next to buangkok mrt station, gotten a gd price i guess.. 200K but BTO owners got ard 150-170K i think. i think now still got some balance flats left, low floor & only for malay/indians i think, selling ard 295-300K.

but no regrets as it is really convenient w public trans next to u though both my wife & i drive.

Edited by swataction

staying at sembawang now, just started looking for flat. we dun have much cash so waiting for HDB to push out new flats n apply as upgrader.

is the chances very slim for upgraders?