Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enivi

Contractor Won't Mount Extendable Arm Bracket On Solid Plywood

Dear all,

i bot an 40"LED Tv and had bot an extendable TV arm bracket so that I can pull up the TV and turn it to turn the angle of the Tv. But bcos there is an recess area, we box up the whole wall using solid plywood to fill up the 'hole' since we also wanted to install full height mirror at 1 part of the wall.

Then the contractor's workers who came with my TV and bracket saw my wood wall said that cannot mount on wood cos the brackets itself is 10++kg plus the 40" LED TV of 15kg, if we pull the TV in and out , soon it will drop!!!

Earlier before we ordered the bracket, the boss said mount on wood no prob but now the workers said otherwise. And they even want us to sign a form that states they are not to be responsible for any damages in future. The boss said that they buy insurance to cover all mounting jobs but now the workers said that the insurance only cover mounting on concrete wall. Now have to wait for the boss to come back from holiday b4 the worker can do anything.

sigh :(

anyone can advise?

Can I check also if my TV come with FOC wall mount installation by samsung, then will they mount their standard (non-extendable) bracket on my wooden wall?

thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What the worker says is true. You have to either mount it on another concrete wall, or redo your feature wall or just buy a TV console and let the TV stand on it.

enivi,

I bought my LCD tv come with free bracket, installation and delivery. That was during IT show. Had checked with some store before, they don't come with free bracket and installation. Only during promotion time.

I encountered the same problem with you. The staffs said cannot instal my LCD tv on the wood wall. :( End up only placed on top of the tv console. Surpriced that the LCD tv I bought can turn to certain angle also. If I wall mounted, the free bracket given was standard type cannot turn to certain angle. Wanted to connect the tv with the laptop also difficult if the tv unable to turn to certain angle.

Good choice that u bot an extendable Tv arm bracket. My standard bracket was still in my store room. When I have budget to buy another LCD tv, I will wall mounted in my bedroom concrete wall. If it come with free bracket then I will sell the extra bracket away.

Dear all,

i bot an 40"LED Tv and had bot an extendable TV arm bracket so that I can pull up the TV and turn it to turn the angle of the Tv. But bcos there is an recess area, we box up the whole wall using solid plywood to fill up the 'hole' since we also wanted to install full height mirror at 1 part of the wall.

Then the contractor's workers who came with my TV and bracket saw my wood wall said that cannot mount on wood cos the brackets itself is 10++kg plus the 40" LED TV of 15kg, if we pull the TV in and out , soon it will drop!!!

Earlier before we ordered the bracket, the boss said mount on wood no prob but now the workers said otherwise. And they even want us to sign a form that states they are not to be responsible for any damages in future. The boss said that they buy insurance to cover all mounting jobs but now the workers said that the insurance only cover mounting on concrete wall. Now have to wait for the boss to come back from holiday b4 the worker can do anything.

sigh :(

anyone can advise?

Can I check also if my TV come with FOC wall mount installation by samsung, then will they mount their standard (non-extendable) bracket on my wooden wall?

thank you

hi, did you tell your contractor that you wanted to mount a LCD TV at the box up area beforehand?

they need to be informed before hand so that they can include steel backing so that the box up is strong enough to withstand the LCD weight.... if you have already informed them beforehand, it is their responsibility to make sure they construct the box up with the correct materials.... there is no need for you to bear any responsibilities....

i have seen ppl mount a 50" pioneer kuros onto a plywood false wall with steel backings....

hi, just to add on that samsung will most probably give you the same reply if they are unsure that the box up is able to withstand the weight.... they will not want to be responsible for any damages

Would like to check.

Thinking of getting this console

console_8c.jpg

Can it handle Samsung 40" LED TV weight?

Would like to check.

console_8c.jpg

this console nice..which shop selling

this console nice..which shop selling

I thought everyone mounts their LCD TV on feature wall? Feature wall = solid wood wall mah....Cannot?

I thought everyone mounts their LCD TV on feature wall? Feature wall = solid wood wall mah....Cannot?

For solid wood mount, can go up to 32" =10 ~ 15kg

40" above can be around 20kg

If you need 2 ppl to carry that tv, best to do wall mount.

Those who mount TV on wall features actually use those butterfly bolt. Last time, baby put in sarong type. very strong, bolt open up inside when you tighten.

Bolt actually go through wall features AND WALL.

For solid wood mount, can go up to 32" =10 ~ 15kg

40" above can be around 20kg

If you need 2 ppl to carry that tv, best to do wall mount.

Those who mount TV on wall features actually use those butterfly bolt. Last time, baby put in sarong type. very strong, bolt open up inside when you tighten.

Bolt actually go through wall features AND WALL.

oh, so u mean u have to drill thru the wood and into the wall too right? I thought cannot mount 40" tv into the wood since the whole world is doing that.

therat said:
Would like to check.

console_8c.jpg

Edited by Spikey
removed details

I mount my 50" kuro on my feature wall... So far, no prob... FYI

Thanks.

That's good new to me :)