Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Newlylanded

Advice/help Needed

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and totally new to owning a landed property. We are now looking at a single-storey inter terrace that is probably 30yrs old or more and in original condition! So will definitely need to do quite a bit, roofing, flooring, reconfigure rooms, toilets, kitchen, etc. Additionally thinking of building up either to 2-storey or just a loft depending on the cost. So will really appreciate if any angels out there can shine us some light.

thanks

newlylanded

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and totally new to owning a landed property. We are now looking at a single-storey inter terrace that is probably 30yrs old or more and in original condition! So will definitely need to do quite a bit, roofing, flooring, reconfigure rooms, toilets, kitchen, etc. Additionally thinking of building up either to 2-storey or just a loft depending on the cost. So will really appreciate if any angels out there can shine us some light.

thanks

newlylanded

Start reading.

I recommend looking for a good architect to start discussions around budgets and what you want to do. You should get professional advice before you decide how you want to proceed.

Hi waileong an kardtoon....thanks for the advice. we've been reading and researching lots..and may be a little confused....kardtoon - any good architect that you'd suggest?

There are some basic information on landed that you can get from URA website. Eg. For erection of new house, the front setback is 7.5 m and the back setback is 2 m. You can do some measurements on your own and think about whether the space available for use is sufficient for your needs. There are other information in there too.

However, you will still need professional advice from architect if you are serious about rebuilding the house.

Hi Newlylanded

One of my friend's parents re-build old houses and I've seen some of their houses.

It's really nice, lots of light and makes good use of space. Do drop me a PM if you would like the contact.