Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi to all!

We have also signed with Earnest Interiors and our ID is Frankie. After visits to various ID firms, the decision was made for many reasons. Firstly, we found that he is rather practical and advises us not to overspend :sport-smiley-004: After reading the posts in this thread, this factor seems to be rather common amongst IDs from Earnest.... Definitely a big plus point! Initially, we had wanted to do a platform for our bed, but he highlighted the 'difficulty' in future when pregnant, it will be very hard to get up from the platform bed. Being layman, we were just into design trends and did not think much about other stuff. None of the other IDs actually highlighted this. So, when he mentioned this, it left an impression on us plus some other kitchen designs he talked about during our first meeting.

We were also rather satisfied with workmanship after viewing 2 of his past projects. He is open and up front about things, which is something both my HTB and I really like because that goes a long way in the renovation process and similarly we can be open and upfront with him as well!

So far, though our renovation have not started (still waiting for HDB to rectify defects and do cement screeding), we had discussions about the designs and choosing floor tiles and laminates for carpentry. Talking about designs, actually we were undecided about certain items and had to keep asking Frankie to change. Luckily, he is very patient with us and explains how each of our changes will affect other items. Thanks, Frankie, really appreciate it!

And what is renovation without the fun of enjoying the process? We have had some fun and laughter along the way as he manages to make the process a relaxing one for us. Sometimes, really feel like as if chatting with a friend from whom we can learn much stuff on design.

That is all for now. Will update again as the renovation starts. We are targeting it to begin sometime in May, as the screeding will only be done the coming week. In the meantime, back to shopping for stuff for the flat :D

Edited by uniqlo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for sometime and think its time for me to make my 2cents worth... i have yet to sign with EI but have been in serious discussions with Frankie from EI for the past 2 weeks... uniqlo.. we will have the same ID. :P

I got to give :P to Frankie cos he is really patient and tolerant to our requests and demands.. haha.. I am not a nasty customer but then i am quite a perfectionist and cost-cautious person. A very meticulous guy.. the first impression i had when i first met him was he really checked the feasibility and practicality of the designs we wants... his ruler and pencil plus the floor plan is owae on the table when we meet up for discussion... He was able to meet my demands at the most reasonable cost, not lowest cost, something i owae suan him.. of course just a jest.. EI has not been known for the lowest cost but quality at reasonable cost... To me, though costs is very important, i think the other impt factors to consider are the quality of workmanship, rapport, communication and design ideas of the ID. Though we have not sign the dotted line, he has already accompanied us to funiture shopping and offered lots of ideas to our reno plans..

We are already into the 8th quotation... due to our indecisiveness and itchy fingers.. the moment we see his past works or any new interesting designs, we start probing... owae kanna suaned for our itchy fingers... but i really salute him cos when i chatted with him over phone and requesting for designs, he could provide me with not one but at least 3-4 different space planning designs... kudos!! :sport-smiley-004:

just wanna show our appreciation to his dedication and hardwork here.. thanks, frankie!! we will sign with you... but of course... price.. price... :jawdrop:

Hi all,

Me too got Jonathan as our ID. We are now at the kitchen cabinet stage.

From 12 Apr till date

Electrical (only 1 tel point & 2 powerpoint)done

Homo tiles done

Painting done

Kitchen base done

Laminate floor - we've decided

Left for us to decide

- Sink

- Hob & Hood

- Instant Heater

- spray jet

- doorbell

- lights & fan

Here's my comments on Jonathan, EI.

1. Very fast - a head of schedule by 3 days.

He pushes us for the decision not we push ID.. kih kih..

2. Practical, haha.. he got hard time explaining things to HB as HB is very detailed person.

Only thing we do not like are:

1. Why no protection paper on homo after laid.

2. no 3D drawing for the kitchen cabinet.

3. did not go shopping wif us, but he told us the contacts.

I think it is bcos we are very fickle with decision making.

Dear all,

Juz wana know whether u guys seek for fengshui master before doing yr renovation? If so, any good recommendations? Anyone here heard of Wang Shifu Fm Hong Tai Ge or Deng Shifu Fm Fo Guang Hong? If so, can let me know how's yr experiences with them? Thks!

Hi angielim, PM you Benedict's # a minute ago..

Received it with thanks!;) I'll only get my keys in June..and the owners requested to stay for another month or so..I'll just take my time to look around all the IDs all of you recommend!

Feeling really excited when I see all your renovated houses!!

my experience.....: requested for a quote at their Eunos outlet and the ID say will call us back in two wks time....now is the 3rd wk, not a single call yet.....

told the ID wat we wanted but she keep suggesting what she think is good.....don even bother to note down wat we wanted too....

think can forget it already

asp_23,

why not you get the direct no for specific ID instead? benedict is quite popular... i met him once at EI's woodlands's office... heard that he is very very busy though... if you just wanna seek a quotation, i can recommend my ID to you... he is quite obliging...

Hi peers, wanna ask about the quality of the carpentry done by EI.

How is it? Any complaint?

hi,

i have yet to start my reno.. but i have seen past works of theirs... quite good... you can request to view their completed flats to see for yourself.. :unsure:

Their carpentry work is very good, their carpenters are very professional in their work. EI actually has their own workshop to do their carpentry work so they have better control over the quality.

The laminate plays an important part too, you can ask your ID for diff price range laminates to compare. Jonathan who is my ID has been very helpful, he even brought me to the laminate shops to look at the laminate sample in bigger piece so that it helps me to visualise the overall effect.

i am also another happy EI customer. for the 2 carpentry works done for me, no complaints and my agent who does condos as well, said the workmanship even better than some of those in condos.

Jonathan is my man.