Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just to update all abt my reno... its almost finishing.. haiz.. finally after 2 mths plus... really no stamina leh... it was not supposed to be so long initially.. all because of carpentry cos one of the carpenters fabricating my carpentry got into a serious accident... delayed the entire project... luckily, still managed to finish before my moving date... :~

overall, was quite satisfied with the work that EI done up... my ID has been very patient and detailed in his work.. was quite touched for the little efforts he took along the way to help me.. one which i remembered was when he actually came all the way down around 9pm on sat to my new place to help me figure solutions when i told him i got problem with my home theatre system... cos the wiring is giving me problems... its not his job actually... commendable.. :curse:

think pictures speak a thousand words... here are some pictures of my renovated resale flat... not really cleaned up yet.. so still a bit messy.. :notti:

my living hall...

dsc01128kb1.jpg

hi,

I just get my flr plan last night, sould anyone pm me Benedict's contact? thanks a lot

u can just call EI main office tel no. and ask the receptionist for Benedict's hp number... can google or yellow page for the office tel no... :dancingqueen:

Edited by redbottle

Hi

It had been months since I last visited this forum. Time flies and it had been 2-3 months since I last visited this forum (and ard 2 mths since hand over). I would like to share my experience and afterthoughts after the renovation.

During the quotation stage, I noticed Earnest's wet works was a bit more expensive than some of the IDs around. Nonetheless, we signed up with Earnest as we were comfortable with them. Furthermore, there are some items in which they are cheaper and thus it all even out. However, the wetwork price was really a great example of you what pay is what you get. They hired mainly Locals and the workmanship was superb! It was so good that some of our friends was wondering whether our homogeneous floor was marble tiles due to the even and thin grouting. Now, two months later, we are still proud of our floor! $ Well SPENT! Oh yeah, knock on every tile, 0 hollow tiles!

A bit on wetwork: Typically, flooring has got gradient for good drainage, We had a open concept balcony and I was washing my balcony. The water flowed very smoothly towards the drainage at the corner! And of course, our balcony floor felt flat and not slope. Haha.. impressive workmanship right?

I was also very impressed by how serious Earnest was to address complains. I visited my home at end of day 1 of my kitchen cabinet installation and discovered that there was a mistake in the measurements. Called Frankie (our ID) and he immediately called the carpenter to stop work (actually 80% done. sigh.. **** efficient). Frankie came over 2nd day morning and requested the carpenter to tear down the entire kitchen cabinet and redo! Yesh! He did not even negotiate with us for compromising solutions and re-did the entire cabinet. it was not easy as they had to re-fabricate all the woodworks and project was delay by 1 week! All this happened while I was on reservist and Earnest really let me put my mind at ease while I was trapped in camp.

There were also quite a few times that Frankie called us to tell us that he discovered some things were not done up to standard and he already requested the workers to touch up.

Well, all these professionalism and non-compromising and quality for a small reno of 22k for a standard EA flat. Well Kudos to this company!

However, 1 advice for you guys when you sign up with Earnest. Earnest always try to save $ for their clients as they understand every1 have a budget. (haha sometimes, ignorant is bliss as you won't know what u are missing.. was tossing left right at night when I chance upon the idea of timber skirting! haha) If there are some luxury items you guys want to splash on, it would be good to chit chat with them to explore. They are quite willing to quote and may even suggest ways to do it at a lower cost. Oh Talking about budget, if your budget is 30k, dun tell them is 25k cos they will really try to make the most our of 25k! Tell them is strictly 30k and they will really follow your guideline like LAW! (Haha oeei, this company really singaporean leh.. think so straight haha.. I had to tell them dun worry, actually my budget got 2k buffer halfway into the reno.. but like all reno, is always good to have a 1-2k buffer to add in some stuff midway.)

Last comment: they seem to satisfy our requirements for a timeless design :dancingqueen: .. Hmm True or Flase? time will tell !!

Hi

It had been months since I last visited this forum. Time flies and it had been 2-3 months since I last visited this forum (and ard 2 mths since hand over). I would like to share my experience and afterthoughts after the renovation.

During the quotation stage, I noticed Earnest's wet works was a bit more expensive than some of the IDs around. Nonetheless, we signed up with Earnest as we were comfortable with them. Furthermore, there are some items in which they are cheaper and thus it all even out. However, the wetwork price was really a great example of you what pay is what you get. They hired mainly Locals and the workmanship was superb! It was so good that some of our friends was wondering whether our homogeneous floor was marble tiles due to the even and thin grouting. Now, two months later, we are still proud of our floor! $ Well SPENT! Oh yeah, knock on every tile, 0 hollow tiles!

A bit on wetwork: Typically, flooring has got gradient for good drainage, We had a open concept balcony and I was washing my balcony. The water flowed very smoothly towards the drainage at the corner! And of course, our balcony floor felt flat and not slope. Haha.. impressive workmanship right?

I was also very impressed by how serious Earnest was to address complains. I visited my home at end of day 1 of my kitchen cabinet installation and discovered that there was a mistake in the measurements. Called Frankie (our ID) and he immediately called the carpenter to stop work (actually 80% done. sigh.. **** efficient). Frankie came over 2nd day morning and requested the carpenter to tear down the entire kitchen cabinet and redo! Yesh! He did not even negotiate with us for compromising solutions and re-did the entire cabinet. it was not easy as they had to re-fabricate all the woodworks and project was delay by 1 week! All this happened while I was on reservist and Earnest really let me put my mind at ease while I was trapped in camp.

There were also quite a few times that Frankie called us to tell us that he discovered some things were not done up to standard and he already requested the workers to touch up.

Well, all these professionalism and non-compromising and quality for a small reno of 22k for a standard EA flat. Well Kudos to this company!

However, 1 advice for you guys when you sign up with Earnest. Earnest always try to save $ for their clients as they understand every1 have a budget. (haha sometimes, ignorant is bliss as you won't know what u are missing.. was tossing left right at night when I chance upon the idea of timber skirting! haha) If there are some luxury items you guys want to splash on, it would be good to chit chat with them to explore. They are quite willing to quote and may even suggest ways to do it at a lower cost. Oh Talking about budget, if your budget is 30k, dun tell them is 25k cos they will really try to make the most our of 25k! Tell them is strictly 30k and they will really follow your guideline like LAW! (Haha oeei, this company really singaporean leh.. think so straight haha.. I had to tell them dun worry, actually my budget got 2k buffer halfway into the reno.. but like all reno, is always good to have a 1-2k buffer to add in some stuff midway.)

Last comment: they seem to satisfy our requirements for a timeless design :( .. Hmm True or Flase? time will tell :)

Glad your reno went well! Any pics to share? :deal:

u can just call EI main office tel no. and ask the receptionist for Benedict's hp number... can google or yellow page for the office tel no... :)

8| Yeah..gg to meet Benedict soon, simply cant wait. His response to our call is also veri prompt, have a great initial tele-con impression. Hope all goes well and tat he wil be able to work within our budget. hehee :P