Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

HI Bluesea & Mo Mo

mind sharing with me also, who is the person in charge handling complaints ? is it James Lim ??? do you have his contact number ? pls share

i want to file a complaint too. what is your bad experience ?

my experience is...

1) firstly, the hacking of wall was done WITHOUT any flooring protection, in the end, my brand new (mine is a brand new flat from HDB !! ) Parquet flooring is damaged with deep dented holes !!!

--> when we inform earnest our id, they simply push it off and say it is air-con installation, we asked the aircon installation to verify, they say it is not, it is due to heavy stones hitting the floor !

we went back to confront earnest, they finally admit it is becos they did not lay any cardboard protection !

and they just brush it off say, since you already intend to polish the floor, just polish lor.

- polishing may solve the problem, but polishing will make the parquet thinner and moreover this is deep dented holes, don't even know if polishing can really remove the dents and make it as new as before.

2) secondly, my id asked us to temporarily keep the kitchen sink, lights, and wardrobe toilet accessories in the bomb shelter first, their workers will go and pick up from there to install.

today, we found our crystal lamp meant for passageway STOLEN !!!

we found it weird when we open the bomb shelter today to see a lot of boxes being opened, and the things in the bomb shelter are layout different from the last time.

we search and search everywhere for it, it is simply not there, left only the cap of the lamp, the lamp body with all the crystals are all gone !!

--> when we inform earnest, they suspect it is foul-play or oversight from us , not them ! and even dare us to report to police, by telling us, even if you report police, they will not entertain you.

pls lor, they think we are so free to play this kind of game with them is it, we are so upset the whole of today, losing a $200 worth of lamp. and yet has to endure this kind of attitude from the ID !

-- we have already done a handover by handover the key and lock to Earnest, they should be held responsible isn't it ???

so angry now !! :curse: instead of assuring us with prevention measures to prevent more stuffs in bomb shelter to get stolen, they are taking things easy, and pushing away all the responsibilities and still even thinking we don't dare to file a police report . we can always do that immediate and asked for a police investigation on this theft case.

Hi

Can you PM me your ID name? Wiill like to See if he is the person I am going to engage for my house. Sound s like the ID and his workers doing the renovation is pretty irresponsible. My Opinion is that you should make a police record as an official document so that at least when it comes to payment time you can ask your ID to deduct it out of the cost of the whole reno. Hope you can PM me the name of the ID and everything will turn out well.

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

Can you PM me your ID name? Wiill like to See if he is the person I am going to engage for my house. Sound s like the ID and his workers doing the renovation is pretty irresponsible. My Opinion is that you should make a police record as an official document so that at least when it comes to payment time you can ask your ID to deduct it out of the cost of the whole reno. Hope you can PM me the name of the ID and everything will turn out well.

Thanks

likely we will. worse come to worse, we will take the issue and report to CASE

i have PM you the ID name

HI Bluesea & Mo Mo

mind sharing with me also, who is the person in charge handling complaints ? is it James Lim ??? do you have his contact number ? pls share

i want to file a complaint too. what is your bad experience ?

my experience is...

1) firstly, the hacking of wall was done WITHOUT any flooring protection, in the end, my brand new (mine is a brand new flat from HDB !! ) Parquet flooring is damaged with deep dented holes !!!

--> when we inform earnest our id, they simply push it off and say it is air-con installation, we asked the aircon installation to verify, they say it is not, it is due to heavy stones hitting the floor !

we went back to confront earnest, they finally admit it is becos they did not lay any cardboard protection !

and they just brush it off say, since you already intend to polish the floor, just polish lor.

- polishing may solve the problem, but polishing will make the parquet thinner and moreover this is deep dented holes, don't even know if polishing can really remove the dents and make it as new as before.

2) secondly, my id asked us to temporarily keep the kitchen sink, lights, and wardrobe toilet accessories in the bomb shelter first, their workers will go and pick up from there to install.

today, we found our crystal lamp meant for passageway STOLEN !!!

we found it weird when we open the bomb shelter today to see a lot of boxes being opened, and the things in the bomb shelter are layout different from the last time.

we search and search everywhere for it, it is simply not there, left only the cap of the lamp, the lamp body with all the crystals are all gone !!

--> when we inform earnest, they suspect it is foul-play or oversight from us , not them ! and even dare us to report to police, by telling us, even if you report police, they will not entertain you.

pls lor, they think we are so free to play this kind of game with them is it, we are so upset the whole of today, losing a $200 worth of lamp. and yet has to endure this kind of attitude from the ID !

-- we have already done a handover by handover the key and lock to Earnest, they should be held responsible isn't it ???

so angry now !! :curse: instead of assuring us with prevention measures to prevent more stuffs in bomb shelter to get stolen, they are taking things easy, and pushing away all the responsibilities and still even thinking we don't dare to file a police report . we can always do that immediate and asked for a police investigation on this theft case.

Oh , I think your ID is irresponsible and very careless , my reno work so far so good because my ID Ben took good care of our fittings and protect it very well, he kept our accessories inside our storeroom and fixed up after carpentry work. As for lightings, Ben was fast in coordinating ,we install the next following day after we received our lightings from the lightings shop . Only my carpentry work got some hicups on the LCD feature wall but it had been rectified. You should make a complaint to James Lim, he might be the one who can help you to solve your problem. Btw, who is your ID ?

likely we will. worse come to worse, we will take the issue and report to CASE

i have PM you the ID name

hi, mind to pm me ur ID name too?

Thanks. :)

Oh , I think your ID is irresponsible and very careless , my reno work so far so good because my ID Ben took good care of our fittings and protect it very well, he kept our accessories inside our storeroom and fixed up after carpentry work. As for lightings, Ben was fast in coordinating ,we install the next following day after we received our lightings from the lightings shop . Only my carpentry work got some hicups on the LCD feature wall but it had been rectified. You should make a complaint to James Lim, he might be the one who can help you to solve your problem. Btw, who is your ID ?

thanks bluesea

Actually indeed during the weekend, we were feeling extremely upset to experience this unpleasant incident in our renovation, to be fair, no one wants this matter to happen, it is unexpected..

Reckon it is understandable that after we, the house owner already handover the hse to the Reno firm in good condition, we are not expecting anything to be damaged or lost (the same scenario when Reno firm refuse to takeover the flat when HDB is still doing repair works).

IMO, when items are damaged / lost, to hold the ID fully responsible is not fair as well, afterall the ID is just a project manager who is also an employee, coordinating the project & drawing a salary. so if anything that is damaged or lost in the hse, rightfully, we shd hold the Reno firm responsible. (if the Reno firm also sub-contract the projects to sub-contractors, it is up to them to pursue further with them)

After understanding our anguish, our ID Zann tried her best to do a service recovery. Zann meetup with us yesterday showing sincerity in resolving the problems. We went through a "stocktake" with Zann and do a Handover of the accessories & lightings Thoroughly again, and sealing everything up tightly in layers of scotch tape to avoid any future misunderstandings. She even add on an additional lock for additional security. just hope this will help to prevent any theft...prevention is better than cure....

As for damaged parquet flooring, let's just hope the polishing will solve the problem, otherwise really dunno how? Re-doing the parquet flooring is definitely not in our plan, since we bought the premium flat becos the flooring is already done up.

Actually, We must say, Zann is quite conscientious, whenever there is hiccup here and there, she will inform us asap before doing it up, and give practical advice cum design outlook. before this theft & flooring damage incident, though there are other minor hicupps and response may be slow sometimes, we know she trying her very best to resolve to have a win-win situation even though she is handling alot of projects, so far so good.

Anyway, What's lost is lost, we don't wish to make things ugly causing even more unhappiness, all we hope for is a nicely renovated house which we will moved in and lived in happily, comfortably. Let's just hope with this incident, going forward, all the renovation works will go smoothly..and everyone learns to be more cautious.

Edited by plasterger

Plasterger, gald for you that everything has been rsolved. I think the designer is rather sincere in resolving the issue and I am certain the ID firm is a resonsible company. James is indeed very helpful and is very resourceful. He settled all the reno problems I faced and my flat just hand over back to me. Very satisfied. Moving to new house is suppose to be a happy thing. Hipcups are unavoidable. Just resolve it and look forward for better.

Plasterger, gald for you that everything has been rsolved. I think the designer is rather sincere in resolving the issue and I am certain the ID firm is a resonsible company. James is indeed very helpful and is very resourceful. He settled all the reno problems I faced and my flat just hand over back to me. Very satisfied. Moving to new house is suppose to be a happy thing. Hipcups are unavoidable. Just resolve it and look forward for better.

Hi bookworm

care to share your experience? I am also facing problem with Earnest, but now is not the time to mention anything here as we are still negotiating. Really hope to listen to your encounters.

Hi,

I just wanna voice out my opinion here. Not to defend someone.

I am engaging Zann from EI for my reno. No major problem occurred so far. Minor problems have been resolved so far.

Firstly, names should not be mentioned in forum as it is unprofessional to do so. Generally, if you have accused someone on untrue basis,legal action can be taken even though it is written in forum.

Morever, this forum serves to share our experience. Experience should only be shared upon completion not in the midst of matters. It will lead to unnecessary misinterpretation of the company and person.

A cubic is not a single dimension object, it is a three dimensional object. Similarly, we should see all matters at all dimensions to get the correct picture.

:D My 2 cents worth.

Hi,

I just wanna voice out my opinion here. Not to defend someone.

I am engaging Zann from EI for my reno. No major problem occurred so far. Minor problems have been resolved so far.

Firstly, names should not be mentioned in forum as it is unprofessional to do so. Generally, if you have accused someone on untrue basis,legal action can be taken even though it is written in forum.

Morever, this forum serves to share our experience. Experience should only be shared upon completion not in the midst of matters. It will lead to unnecessary misinterpretation of the company and person.

A cubic is not a single dimension object, it is a three dimensional object. Similarly, we should see all matters at all dimensions to get the correct picture.

:D My 2 cents worth.

Well said on the above mentioned,

a very understanding customer... Zann is very lucky to have a client like you.

My carpentry works almost 80% installed now , earlier than expected as my id did pushed his carpenters for doing my house. I feel relaxed now as my carpentry work is quite smooth , unlike so worried after reading some negative comments of EI last week . Very appreciate that my id has really put in effort in designing my carpentry and also strongly recommend the carpenter Mr Loo .

I have a minor/medium complaint about them. I made an appointment to see the ID for the first time today. Arrived at their office excited and eager. When I reached the place on time, the ID was busy attending to another client. Was left there unattended flipping through albums for a good 40 minutes. ID was aware that I have arrived and no simple intro was made. Nobody attended to us except the good receptionist who brought us the album and we felt like dumb ducks. First impression was extremely poor. What is the meaning of "appointment" to them? Why were us not attended by somebody else?

Needless to say, I walked out disappointed and angry & would not be going back unless the firm show me some professionalism. Mine might be a small deal but I expect basic courtesy.

We would like to express our appreciation for the renovation work carried out by our id, Ben.During the past few months renovation, everyone from EI ,especially the tilers and painters have been very helpful and responsible. We had seen the tilers laid the tiles on the floor , they were very skillful and the tiles alignment were good. Painting job was marvellous ,the workers were extremely efficient with minimum supervision, it was hard to imagine that they can repair and paint the wall so well because it was full of cracks and holes.We are particularly impressed with their initiative and committments to the jobs.We know that it is a tedious process and work to renovate a house ,we deeply appreciated the works and effort that they have put in. Eventhough my house was delayed by carpenter in handover ,we were still very thankful for the amazing jobs.

my reno just completed by EI on 12 Sep. My ID is Benedict - busy, practical, friendly, neat and experience ID.

I am happy with overall reno though unavoidable there were some hiccups but all are manageable. At least this round of reno experience was many times better than my 1st house. No close monitoring required.

Tilers', painters' and carpentries' skill are good :good: . But the sub-con installing the PLC are not too skillful :(

Reno many times are about give and take. With my 1st house experience, myself and hb more or less know what we need and what are good to have. Plus some fengshui constraints, Ben actually re-drew the quite a number of design for us.

When we look at ID portfolio, many times (most prob near 100%) the layout, color scheme, materials, etc are not 100% the ID ideas, hence I always tell friends who are looking for ID, portfolio does not means that your house will look as beautiful as shown on his/her portfolio. IMO, most important the quoted pricing must be reasonable and must be comfortable with the project coordinator (or ID).