Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Just worked with Peter and Kennedy on my place, horrible attitude, and disgraceful professionalism.

All measurements on quotations were ROUNDED UP, discrepancy on carpentry cost alone amounted up to high 4 digits. When asked for explanation, Kennedy doesn't know what the **** he's talking about when I made a mistake and thought the TV shelf (which they quoted me but I didn't do), cost more than a simple looking bathroom shelf measuring 3ft by 5ft. He made up lies that it's harder to install a small shelf in the toilet than a full length TV shelf on the living room wall. Upon realizing his mistake he threw a childish tantrum and it's apparent that he doesn't know what he's quoting and has little sense of logic going on for him

Quotations, by the way, were all inconsistent. Identical items given 2 or more different pricing; items that have been billed for but uncompleted. I can really go on about their dishonesty.

While Peter and Kennedy appeared friendly and patient initally, they are a bunch of people who deliver horrible work and adopt an arrogance that is just uncalled for. The amount of things I've had to repair now after moving in for only a month is just ridiculous.

In fact the whole experience was so unpleasant and frustrating that I consulted lawyers and was more than willing to take them to court had their boss not showed up in the very last moment to try and resolve this.

Despite the terrible work they made zero effort coming to see and arrange for the faulty installation, broken fixtures and instead were more concerned about collecting their final payment first. Even resorting to insults to collect their money before fulfilling their end of the promise - that of delivering work in acceptable condition.

I would warn anyone against these jokers and if anyone needs evidences and proofs of how terrible they are, I've kept a copy of all exchanges.

I am Kennedy from Earnest Interiors. I assume you could be, Karen or Frank. I need to give my thanks to my past and current customers, Mrs. Sze, Mrs. Tai, Mr. Ong and others, whom encourage me to respond on the post.

I am a qualified designer holding design degrees in both Raffles Design Singapore and University of Melbourne in Australia. I am here not to promote myself but I think I have my right to voice up my stand and tell the truths. I am shock, speechless and hurt to see your published notes.

In January 2010, you had come to Earnest Interiors for enquiry and quotation. You had shared your ideas with me and I had come up with the design proposal and quotation based on your requirements. I believe you had also met up with other IDs for comparison in the design ideas and pricing which is normal. After many follow up meetings and numerous emails, you had decided to sign the contract with our company on 25th of April of $64K after discount.

Based on your written comments in renotallk forum dated on 09/08/10, can you let us know which part of our services and attitudes were horrible and what we did was disgraceful and dishonest? I shall deem that it is an attack of a person’s integrity.

It is a market practice that carpentry measurements are based on per foot run. My quotation was based on your floor plan which may not be 100% accurate. I did tell you at the beginning; your carpentry works will be re-measured again after we had completed and the original quotation will be adjusted accordingly as promised (in which you did not mention in the forum). I believe it was fair to both parties.

You had commented the price differences between small cabinet (3 ft x 5 ft) and the TV feature wall in the quote. All small carpentry items are based on per item (Lump Sum) which are common in market practice. During the discussion, both parties were “heated” up due to disagreement and I do not agree with you that I was throwing tantrums.

The miscommunication may be due to your absence during the renovation period. You were outstation and not in Singapore for most of the time. You had asked me to liaise with your mother during your absence which I did.

Most of the changes were agreed verbally with your mother based on mutual trust and understanding. Variation orders were sent to you through emails and you did not respond with any disagreements. At that time, your mother had asked me to complete the renovation works before the agreed completion date. It was only when we had completed and handover; you had told us that you do not agree with our pricing.

Moving forward, based on trust ,the required touch up works were promptly done disregard that we only collected 10% of the total contract amount , which was my mistake by not collecting progress payment from you. On that day , in which you agreed to meet at your place to “ Wrap Things Up “ ( after 3 weeks you had moved in ) there was another list of defects which was not highlighted to us and I readily agreed to arrange for the rectifications. But to my surprise, you told us that you do not want us to rectify and wanted to get someone else to do it.

During the meeting, a friend of yours who was never in the picture during the renovation, insisted that you only willing to pay $50,000.00 in total .You were only interested in the huge lump sum discount .As it was way too much, we got our boss, James, to step in, situation was tensed I must say. In order to settle it amicably, James agreed with your demanded discount amount $13,198.00 including VO & Credit Notes. You had even requested him to sign on the agreement of discount with his full name and IC number as you did not want us to seek legal course to re-claim the discounted amount. And what surprised and left us flat footed was that your family reaction was literally bursting into joy and laughter after he had signed.

The 180 degree change of mood prompted me to think these were a much choreographed move to coerce us into your request; I may be wrong as this is only my thought. After the meeting which lasted almost till 12 midnight, I was reprimanded by James for making a very serious mistake of not collecting progressive payment promptly, and being too trusting and thoughtful while you were away. James had told me there are always some people who do not honor contracts and words, and are not honorable and righteous. It was our company first experience and was a good lesson for both Peter and me.

After all, Peter has been working with Earnest for 6 years with an impeccable record with clients. I am not ashamed to say that Peter and I had provided our sincere services and efforts during the renovation, and after the deduction, we did not earn a single cent on your project but still need to cough up the cost to the suppliers, what luck we have. I cannot believe you still publish this half baked truth posting to smear our reputation. Earnest has been in market for 11 years, I have to say I am working in a responsible company with great people.

Edited by Kennedy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am Kennedy from Earnest Interiors. I assume you could be, Karen or Frank. I need to give my thanks to my past and current customers, Mrs. Sze, Mrs. Tai, Mr. Ong and others, whom encourage me to respond on the post.

I am a qualified designer holding design degrees in both Raffles Design Singapore and University of Melbourne in Australia. I am here not to promote myself but I think I have my right to voice up my stand and tell the truths. I am shock, speechless and hurt to see your published notes.

In January 2010, you had come to Earnest Interiors for enquiry and quotation. You had shared your ideas with me and I had come up with the design proposal and quotation based on your requirements. I believe you had also met up with other IDs for comparison in the design ideas and pricing which is normal. After many follow up meetings and numerous emails, you had decided to sign the contract with our company on 25th of April of $64K after discount.

Based on your written comments in renotallk forum dated on 09/08/10, can you let us know which part of our services and attitudes were horrible and what we did was disgraceful and dishonest? I shall deem that it is an attack of a person’s integrity.

It is a market practice that carpentry measurements are based on per foot run. My quotation was based on your floor plan which may not be 100% accurate. I did tell you at the beginning; your carpentry works will be re-measured again after we had completed and the original quotation will be adjusted accordingly as promised (in which you did not mention in the forum). I believe it was fair to both parties.

You had commented the price differences between small cabinet (3 ft x 5 ft) and the TV feature wall in the quote. All small carpentry items are based on per item (Lump Sum) which are common in market practice. During the discussion, both parties were “heated” up due to disagreement and I do not agree with you that I was throwing tantrums.

The miscommunication may be due to your absence during the renovation period. You were outstation and not in Singapore for most of the time. You had asked me to liaise with your mother during your absence which I did.

Most of the changes were agreed verbally with your mother based on mutual trust and understanding. Variation orders were sent to you through emails and you did not respond with any disagreements. At that time, your mother had asked me to complete the renovation works before the agreed completion date. It was only when we had completed and handover; you had told us that you do not agree with our pricing.

Moving forward, based on trust ,the required touch up works were promptly done disregard that we only collected 10% of the total contract amount , which was my mistake by not collecting progress payment from you. On that day , in which you agreed to meet at your place to “ Wrap Things Up “ ( after 3 weeks you had moved in ) there was another list of defects which was not highlighted to us and I readily agreed to arrange for the rectifications. But to my surprise, you told us that you do not want us to rectify and wanted to get someone else to do it.

During the meeting, a friend of yours who was never in the picture during the renovation, insisted that you only willing to pay $50,000.00 in total .You were only interested in the huge lump sum discount .As it was way too much, we got our boss, James, to step in, situation was tensed I must say. In order to settle it amicably, James agreed with your demanded discount amount $13,198.00 including VO & Credit Notes. You had even requested him to sign on the agreement of discount with his full name and IC number as you did not want us to seek legal course to re-claim the discounted amount. And what surprised and left us flat footed was that your family reaction was literally bursting into joy and laughter after he had signed.

The 180 degree change of mood prompted me to think these were a much choreographed move to coerce us into your request; I may be wrong as this is only my thought. After the meeting which lasted almost till 12 midnight, I was reprimanded by James for making a very serious mistake of not collecting progressive payment promptly, and being too trusting and thoughtful while you were away. James had told me there are always some people who do not honor contracts and words, and are not honorable and righteous. It was our company first experience and was a good lesson for both Peter and me.

After all, Peter has been working with Earnest for 6 years with an impeccable record with clients. I am not ashamed to say that Peter and I had provided our sincere services and efforts during the renovation, and after the deduction, we did not earn a single cent on your project but still need to cough up the cost to the suppliers, what luck we have. I cannot believe you still publish this half baked truth posting to smear our reputation. Earnest has been in market for 11 years, I have to say I am working in a responsible company with great people.

Hi Kennedy,

It is good that you have come forward to give everyone a full picture of what has happened. As we appreciate Peter’s and your dedicated service in renovating our house, my wife and I thought that we should put up this post to vouch for your professionalism and good service.

I have probably told you through an email that the delivery men from McDonald, Hoi Kee flower shop (where we bought our artificial tree), and Fossil Collections (where we bought our water feature) were all very impressed by the design of the house. The list has since extended to include all our family members, friends and colleagues who visited our house and some of them have even asked for your contact number because they are planning to move house next year. (And the ex-owners of the house too, who were completely amazed by the transformation you have given to the house when they came back to collect their letters).

When we look back at our renovation experience, we are really thankful for your sincerity and your effort in ensuring that everything turns out well. We are particularly impressed by Peter’s and your resourcefulness in coming up with solutions when we encountered unforeseen problems. The raised floor of the dry kitchen and the display cabinet outside the common bathrooms have more than served their function of concealing ugly pipes – they have greatly enhanced the design of the house.

We also want to thank you and your workers for the good ‘after sale’ service. Michael and his colleague came twice to help us pull the TV cables through the feature wall, spending more than two hours in the second trip. We feel quite bad about it because the second trip would not have been necessary had we gotten the correct cables at the start.

When we read about the complaints posted by your customer, we found it difficult to believe and my wife urged me to put up a post to share about our pleasant experience. We thought that the complaints on the pricing would appear seriously flawed even to someone who does not know either party because anyone renovating a house will only sign a contract when he/she has compared prices between different companies and is happy with the selected one.

We felt sorry for Peter and you to have such a bad experience. But we want you to know that there are customers like us who really appreciate you and respect your professionalism. Hope you have gotten over the whole saga and moved forward.

$13000 is really a huge, huge, huge discount! If we engage you to renovate our house again next time, will you give us a $5000 discount? (Just joking :) ).

wow Kennedy just teach us a way to get our things done... ;)

control the payment, dun get control by them....

of coz... if they completed it.... pls pay what they deserved....

Follow as in contract, ntg more and less :)

Hi everyone,

Been surfing RT forum for almost a month. Guess it is time for my 1st post here !!!!

Can anybody pm me James' (Boss of Earnest Interiors) or Peter's or Frank's hp no ? I am currently looking for an ID to do up my resale flat. Thanks a million !!!!

Hi, we've shortlisted Earnest as one of the possible ID / contractors we wanna use... so far the ID we liaised with seems ok and prompt in replying.

Anyone has any comments on them lately? Anyone mind sharing photos of finished works? :)

I was quoted 200+ for hob area only.....i didn't get it in the end cos i think quite ex.....my kitchen cabinets are 20ft....i.e. 10ft top, 10ft bottom...

Hi,

Could you pm me Benedict's contact number pls? Thanks.