Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Alternatives To Goh Ah Bee ?

Hi all,

Just want to share my experience. I think it's OK to buy from neighbourhood shops rather than those big retailers like Courts, Best Denki etc. But please remember to keep the receipts until the warranty period is over.

I bought a LG LED TV in 2010 from Best Denki. The receipt "whitened" after a long period of time. I called LG and they insisted that I provide the receipt in order to prove the warranty. I had no choice but to go back to Best Denki and see if they are able to pull out my record. Thank god, they managed to and I managed to save $$ on the repairs.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying that you should buy from the big retailers but just sharing my recent experience, which I think if the difference in price is not that substantial, in my case, it was a relief that i had bought from BK as I am not sure if the neighbourhood shops would be able to write me another invoice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today just got a Europace casement aircon. Euromark's price was the best. Ordered yesterday and installed today - cash on delivery. Despite sky high PSI - worker still came and install and good price. Thankful!!

yeah... saw that in the ob section today. RIP. i was just about to call them to inquire how much is it for KDK fan.

i need them quite urgently. i was quoted $180 for the ay11s at everjoint. i bought v56vk at Everjoint at $358 when i was placing my order for Pana 532 fridge.

any other place i can get good quotes for KDK fans?

if u have a car, u can go JB for KDK fans. same price as SG, BUT in RM!!! :dribble:

i got my fridge and gas hob elsewhere already. price higher then GAB. i can't wait until 11th for them. even when they open, my supersitious mum don't want to order from them right now because GAB's sons + 1 worker are doing delivery themselves. sigh...

Hi Jerra

You means Goh Ah Bee is closing down by 11 Jan for good??

I have always been checking out the price from them and Everjoint usually, both provide very competitive prices.

However I feel that Everjoint electrical provide better services, in term of recommendation and information.

The boss will usually provide me with a few brands to compare and lay out the pro and cons, which helps in my selection.

So if you will like to have more information of your preferred products, can also contact them and check it out.

Regards

Teabag

no lah, they are closed till the 11th to mourn the passing of Mr GAB

GAB is definately very cheap after comparing the prices. but they are closed until 11th jan. The big boss pass away...

yeah... saw that in the ob section today. RIP. i was just about to call them to inquire how much is it for KDK fan.

i need them quite urgently. i was quoted $180 for the ay11s at everjoint. i bought v56vk at Everjoint at $358 when i was placing my order for Pana 532 fridge.

any other place i can get good quotes for KDK fans?

Hi all,

1 month ago we decided on which refrigerator and built-in oven to get from GAB and they have stock for these 2 items but we didnt place an order. Today when I called to order from them, only the refrigerator is available, the Turbo oven TFP-1605F (black) is out of stock :(

Checked with Everjoint, they quoted $30 more than what GAB quoted.

Anyone out there knew of good neighbouring shops to recommend ? Appreciate contact numbers as well.

Thank you in advance.

you can try Parisilk or another neighourhood shop in Jurong call Kong Tai (6565 8970).

I can also recommend Cost Plus....their price is more competitive than everjoint for some items...

Can anyone also let me have GAB contacts ?

I am also in the midst of getting applicances for my new home, esp reliable and cheap aircon....

I want to see if anyone can have better price than Cost Plus....

GAB: 62888611

BTW a colleague showed me another shop in Tampines and guess what ?! I get the oven I wanted $10 cheaper than GAB !! Was so happy that I paid for it immediately :D delivery this Saturday (delivery date and time very flexible)

Karin was very accomodating ... look for her at:

New City Electrical Trading

Blk 201D Tampines St 21 #01-1125

Tel: 67826488

NOTE: not all products are cheaper than GAB. The refrigerator I purchased and GAB is $30 cheaper than New City. Ceiling fans I got at lightings.com.sg and is cheaper than New City too. Weird thing is that she sells ceiling fans at a standard price of $220, regardless the size of the fan ... ??? Funny but that's how she quoted me :P

Good luck !

Edited by aerial77_00

Hi all,

1 month ago we decided on which refrigerator and built-in oven to get from GAB and they have stock for these 2 items but we didnt place an order. Today when I called to order from them, only the refrigerator is available, the Turbo oven TFP-1605F (black) is out of stock :(

Anyone out there knew of good neighbouring shops to recommend ? Appreciate contact numbers as well.

Thank you in advance.

the closest I can think of is Everjoint . Or , try harvey norman , see if they can match GAB price or not .

Hi all,

Thank you in advance.