Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joseeng

Wmf Cooking Pots And Pans

hahhaa, yea 3 pots for less than $100, think v worth it for amateurs like me toooo!

hehh, no la, i thought the cover was connected to the pot via the transparent string, then i flip over the pot to see the bottom, den oooopsie! :P

Honestly, those China manufactured WMF products may not last as long as those made from Germany, but suppose the German made cost twice as much. By buying the China ones, you get the option of throwing away your 5 year old ware and buying a new set and still cost less then the German made. Moreover in 5 years time, you may have newer design and a brand new set altogether.

But I am sure WMF will still have strict QC standards to protect their brand image.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

personally i feel it's worthwhile to spend a little more on better brands like wmf...there are real differences eg. construction method of the pots (cheaper ones tend to have screws within the inner part of the pot, which makes it difficult to wash properly)....

I didn't know WMF has made in China version.

BTW, I had 2 pot , free gift from Credit Card.

So far, I quite like it.

After use WMF, now I know why they are expensive.

Quality is good

Here's our experience with wmf.

We also had a set of wmf pots after reading those raves from the forum. After using the pots, we noticed that we got to wash the pots real clean, otherwise, there will be some brown/black stains showing at the inner sides of the pots the following day after the wash. And there will be little white dots (think its some insect or something, but can hardly see the legs, just can see white dots, should be quite micro kind) will show inside the pots. We guessed that these white dots show up cause of those brown stains which are 'food stains'. Hee.. but sound pretty scary, right? ;)

Anyway, we try to wash the pot again and it look clean after the wash. But the next day, when we examined the pot inner, again there is still some brown stains. And we spotted 2 white dots again. Ummm.. We are quite surprised to encounter these as we thought wmf was real good with all those good reviews online. :huh:

I told my mum about these and my mum who had lotsa experience with cleaning, bought us a metal scrub which can easily remove those stubborn brown stains with alittle water. I don't know where she bought those. But its quite good and it doesn't scratch the pots.

Despite the hard to 'scrub/clean' brown stain after each cooking, because wmf pots are using good stainless steel material, we can use white vinegar to remove those hard to clean stain. White vinegar are very strong cleaning agent, so they cant be use on pots that use inferior material. Wmf pots can take white vinegar. Hee.. :D

I agree with Charemme, these wmf pots also have water stains on them. So got to wipe them real dry after washing to prevent it, cannot drip/ air dry. Heehee.. but we always air dry them, cant be bother with the pot appearance. :lol:

By the way, for those who bought these pots, remember to do the 'pot-opening' ceremony before you first use the pots. Just need to use white vinegar to open the pots.

Here's our experience with wmf.

We also had a set of wmf pots after reading those raves from the forum. After using the pots, we noticed that we got to wash the pots real clean, otherwise, there will be some brown/black stains showing at the inner sides of the pots the following day after the wash. And there will be little white dots (think its some insect or something, but can hardly see the legs, just can see white dots, should be quite micro kind) will show inside the pots. We guessed that these white dots show up cause of those brown stains which are 'food stains'. Hee.. but sound pretty scary, right? ;)

Anyway, we try to wash the pot again and it look clean after the wash. But the next day, when we examined the pot inner, again there is still some brown stains. And we spotted 2 white dots again. Ummm.. We are quite surprised to encounter these as we thought wmf was real good with all those good reviews online. :huh:

I told my mum about these and my mum who had lotsa experience with cleaning, bought us a metal scrub which can easily remove those stubborn brown stains with alittle water. I don't know where she bought those. But its quite good and it doesn't scratch the pots.

Despite the hard to 'scrub/clean' brown stain after each cooking, because wmf pots are using good stainless steel material, we can use white vinegar to remove those hard to clean stain. White vinegar are very strong cleaning agent, so they cant be use on pots that use inferior material. Wmf pots can take white vinegar. Hee.. :D

I agree with Charemme, these wmf pots also have water stains on them. So got to wipe them real dry after washing to prevent it, cannot drip/ air dry. Heehee.. but we always air dry them, cant be bother with the pot appearance. :lol:

By the way, for those who bought these pots, remember to do the 'pot-opening' ceremony before you first use the pots. Just need to use white vinegar to open the pots.

tks rasp for sharing your experiences.

will take note of the staining part. was also advised by the wmf salesperson regarding using vinegar to remove the stains.

regarding the "pot-opening" ceremony, may i know wats the purpose?

jo: i also bought WMF pot from OG recently promotion and waiting for them to call me as they said they are running out of stock now and their stock will arrive from Germany in April....I also bought a WMF frying pan from CK Tang recent promotion but they are running out of stock on the pan cover and they have already ordered from Germany n will reach SG in June and I will go grab it later..... :)

Personally i find that the quality is not bad as it is heavy n i believe their standard wont drop as you could see their price is so xxx!

:)

jo: i also bought WMF pot from OG recently promotion and waiting for them to call me as they said they are running out of stock now and their stock will arrive from Germany in April....I also bought a WMF frying pan from CK Tang recent promotion but they are running out of stock on the pan cover and they have already ordered from Germany n will reach SG in June and I will go grab it later..... :)

Personally i find that the quality is not bad as it is heavy n i believe their standard wont drop as you could see their price is so xxx!

:)

my wife also bot the pots recently at BHG which has a 20% discount, she also bot the pressure cookers.

Hi,

Instead for spending your hard-earned money of "branded" pots and pans or pressure cookers which can be potentially dangerous if used incorrectly, WHY NOT SPEND it on something that comes with LIFETIME MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT WARRANTY !!!

1L Saucepan Set, 2L/3L Saucepan Set, Saute Pan Set, 4L Stock Pot Set, 8L Dutch Oven Set and 7-Ply Wok are available !!!

6 ways you'll save when you use this amazing Stainless Steel Cookware:

1. Save essential vitamins and minerals

2. Save on energy

3. Save on meat shrinkage

4. Save on food bills

5. Save on natural flavour

6. Save on clean-up time

Call me at 97518878 for more info.

Thanks

Dear all

Any further reviews on WMF cookwares?

Went to the sales studio at Shaw today and asked if the handle will get too hot because of the material.

The sales representative replied explaining and showing within which radius should be fire flame be within else the fire might cause the handle to overheat and become too hot.

Anyone has this problem?

I really love the designs but somehow feel the pots are not as practical as other brands like tefal, happycall black edition etc.

Dear all

Any further reviews on WMF cookwares?

Went to the sales studio at Shaw today and asked if the handle will get too hot because of the material.

The sales representative replied explaining and showing within which radius should be fire flame be within else the fire might cause the handle to overheat and become too hot.

Anyone has this problem?

I really love the designs but somehow feel the pots are not as practical as other brands like tefal, happycall black edition etc.

the ss pots heat up real fast but please be careful while handlng the pots.

Rem to use a cloth when touching the handle and also the lid...it really gets real hot..i mean REAL HOT..

bought one to wanna use it to cook noodles. yes the handle gets hot as well, in the end have to use something to carry the handle.

its really nice in the looks only, not as pratical on the handle part.

Takashimaya has really good deals on WMF pot sets etc, but my mom says no good cos of the heating of the handles, as what other ppl have pointed out. My other frens have them and they give the same feedback.

The Taka sales guy was quite honest - told me that if i cook over gas, it will be very hot. If I use induction, it will be fine. Friend told me that WMF is more for European cooking, i.e. for meats, they will sear on the stove and then dump the whole pot into the oven to complete the cooking. This is why WMF is fully stainless steel so that you can go from stove to oven without changing pots.