Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
singbie

Replacement Of Locks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

door locks is something tht you can do urself. u can buy the locks around sgd 6.50 per piece frm the hardware shops for rooms. the main door one i think will only cost u around sgd 25. replacement can be done by our own. i did it myself...anyways it comes as well the manual.

how do we open the existing lock?

if you are changing for the door lock normaly the room door lock..you will have one side tht comes with the press button. if u look at there by the side at the back...there will be a smaller hole by the side. use a pin..a paper clip oso can..press the it and turn the knob and pull. one side will be opened. unscrew 2 screws inside and by the side of the door. pull out the other side. its done... max to max u will spend 10mins doing this.

Haha. Actually the room lock $6.50 is really bad, i just got one from a locksmith at CCK when i wanted to replace my office lock. within a few weeks is spoilt already, the centre part stop coming out. I now stick to the brands that are more expensive arnd 9.50 to 13 dollars. brands include Winner, Makoto Japan, Nelon and POP. haha. They all have some instruction paper inside to make it easier to learn how to undo. For main door, nothing beats VIRO and Nelon

Haha. Actually the room lock $6.50 is really bad, i just got one from a locksmith at CCK when i wanted to replace my office lock. within a few weeks is spoilt already, the centre part stop coming out. I now stick to the brands that are more expensive arnd 9.50 to 13 dollars. brands include Winner, Makoto Japan, Nelon and POP. haha. They all have some instruction paper inside to make it easier to learn how to undo. For main door, nothing beats VIRO and Nelon

hahah.. nelon also $6.50 mah..

i thk installation skill plays a part.. hahah

i got 1 idiot contract who use sm cheap china worker tt spoil my $18 US 1 lor.

but i thk a standard rates for replacement of locks is like ard $40 each.. call a locksmith if u cant manage.

or go down to those lock shop & learn..

singbie: r u change room door or main door? got foto of the lock>> i thk im handy enuf to help

Does anyone know how to change the lock / handle in the HDB plastic bifold toilet door?

hv u found d replacment lock?

D last time i looked, they say d company no longer ard

& if u cn find u need to pay ard $80 for tt stupid lock tt will break again...@#$%^&

I need to replace some of my door locks. do you have any recommendation for somebody who can do it in a reasonable price?

pls give your contact number. will call u in future.

I can help arrange indian worker to change for you at a reasonable rate. Just send me the photo of your lock, I will try to source for it and charge you a reasonable price for installation. Not digital lock please... LOL