Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kxil

Distance Between Cooker Hood And Stove

My contractor provided a distance of 60cm only between my slimline cookerhood and stove. I find the distance too short and my head could even hit the cooker hood.

For my previous installation, the distance provided was 65 cm. So I called up the company which sold me the new cooker hood and was told the usual installation distance is between 65-75cm. And if the hood is installed too low, the heat from the bob may affect the plastic portion of the hood in the long run.

Can someone share with me what's your installation distance between the slimline hood and hob?

Has anyone here installed a distance of 60cm for your hood and hob?

My contractor claimed he intentionally installed a lower height for me so that the fumes and oil are better sucked by the hood. But I am not convinced with his explanation and am really concerned.

Pls help. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

personally, i feel that u shld insist on the height that u want it to be installed. who's da boss?

just to share, in my case, i told my ID tat i want ALL my entire kitchen top to be 2in higher than the 'normal' height and he gladly obliged.

morale behind e sotry? 1) u r e 1 paying for e job. 2) u got them bcos u need a customised job to be done.

so insist on wat u want :)

My contractor provided a distance of 60cm only between my slimline cookerhood and stove. I find the distance too short and my head could even hit the cooker hood.

For my previous installation, the distance provided was 65 cm. So I called up the company which sold me the new cooker hood and was told the usual installation distance is between 65-75cm. And if the hood is installed too low, the heat from the bob may affect the plastic portion of the hood in the long run.

Can someone share with me what's your installation distance between the slimline hood and hob?

My contractor claimed he intentionally installed a lower height for me so that the fumes and oil are better sucked by the hood. But I am not convinced with his explanation and am really concerned.

Pls help. Thanks.

the house (rental) that i'm staying right now has the distance of 60cm btw hob & hood.

I'm so comfy with it that i'm even thinking of using the same distance for my new house.

With the lower hood, there's more storage space above.

And it's easier to reach for the items stored above. (btw, i'm 1.68m)

But for my previous house, it was definitely higher than 60cm.

I'm confused now too - stick to 60cm or more?

For slimline hood,it's better to have the distance 60cm since the suction power is much weaker than chimney type one.

If you prefer to have higher distance,better to opt for more powerful hood

Pls help. Thanks.

-Yr contractor is correct: shorter distance so fumes & oil are better sucked away....Too far the distance, hood's suction creates a "short-circilation path" of air on the surface. Good Hood design used not plastic - always subject to high ambience temperature.

- My present one is 73cm, but chimney type - more powerful, so 73 cm is not a concern.

- Personally, I found 60cm is ok, you hood could be protruding "too out", so yr head always get knocked...

Edited by bepgof

For slimline hood,it's better to have the distance 60cm since the suction power is much weaker than chimney type one.

If you prefer to have higher distance,better to opt for more powerful hood

is fujioh FX900 considered slimline hood? distance is directly from hood below measure straight down 90

degrees to hob burner area? :dancingqueen:

So I called up the company which sold me the new cooker hood and was told the usual installation distance is between 65-75cm.

There is factory installation manual for all hood stating the distances. It will be good to follow that instructions - do not listen to ID or even supplier. The factory will provide the best distance based on the model that you are having.

One point to note is that if the hob is too high, you may not able to check the cooking easily esp

when you are using high pot. As my maid is doing the cooking who is quite short, i need to be careful that the

hob is not too high.

Above is my 2 cents...

Edited by new_home_maker

is fujioh FX900 considered slimline hood? distance is directly from hood below measure straight down 90

degrees to hob burner area? :dancingqueen:

looking at the fujioh brochure now - 800mm between base of hood to top of hob. Agree with home-maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions is the best

looking at the fujioh brochure now - 800mm between base of hood to top of hob. Agree with home-maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions is the best

just called fujioh, their advise is u can put lower a bit is ok but not higher than e recommended.

i set mine at 750mm :dancingqueen:

just called fujioh, their advise is u can put lower a bit is ok but not higher than e recommended.

i set mine at 750mm :dancingqueen:

i think this model protrudes out alot? must remember to check for head clearance also hor

i think this model protrudes out alot? must remember to check for head clearance also hor

correct hood height

see above link for actual pics, someone else used the same model, head clearance should be

ok, not super tall to start with :P

personally, i feel that u shld insist on the height that u want it to be installed. who's da boss?

just to share, in my case, i told my ID tat i want ALL my entire kitchen top to be 2in higher than the 'normal' height and he gladly obliged.

morale behind e sotry? 1) u r e 1 paying for e job. 2) u got them bcos u need a customised job to be done.

so insist on wat u want :)

I don't agreed with Batman,

You paid to doctor, and can you ask doctor to issue the drugs you want ? please respect professionality.

Experience Interior designer is a person to solve your problems, giving advise to all suitable measurement, depending the body size of user

Ofcoz, it is abit expensive to hire an Experience Interior Designer. Experience Designer will never never ever appear at Exshibition.

Only a fresh designer are there ..

hi

eight years now how did the 60cm work?

just renoed our bto n first time use oue gas stove and realised the hood is really really hot. the distance between our hood n hob is 62cm ... reno studio sales person says in standard ... im worried the plastic charcoal thingy inside the hood will melt or the things in the shelves above will be damaged by the heat

please advice