Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enrisa

Baking Gurus - Bake With Microwave/convection Oven

Hi all

i finally bought a microwave/convection oven as i had to comply with whatever space i had. So I bought this model SHARP R-898M. I got it last week and the recipe book and manual seems to be quite promising in the sense that it shows i'm able to even whip up scones and cakes and the likes.

I'm searching around but there's not much resources other than the usual chocolate cakes and pound cakes made out of the microwave. If anyone has any recipe to share on baking/grilling using the microwave/convection, please do share! It's my first time using and I'm trying to grasp hold of it.

What more, i just realised I can't even use my baking tins in the microwave cos they are not microwave safe :( And I bought my KitchenAid the other day ... arghh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all

i finally bought a microwave/convection oven as i had to comply with whatever space i had. So I bought this model SHARP R-898M. I got it last week and the recipe book and manual seems to be quite promising in the sense that it shows i'm able to even whip up scones and cakes and the likes.

I'm searching around but there's not much resources other than the usual chocolate cakes and pound cakes made out of the microwave. If anyone has any recipe to share on baking/grilling using the microwave/convection, please do share! It's my first time using and I'm trying to grasp hold of it.

What more, i just realised I can't even use my baking tins in the microwave cos they are not microwave safe :( And I bought my KitchenAid the other day ... arghh.

Hi Enrisa ;

Wat colour KitchenAid Mixer you purchase ?

kitchen matters :)

Hi Enrisa ;

Wat colour KitchenAid Mixer you purchase ?

kitchen matters :)

Hi Enrisa ;

sorry wrote half wa cos log off a while :) below are some details hope it help :)

Chocolate :)

Ingredients

One box of chocolate cake mix. (I always used the ones labeled moist)

One can of frosting

Ten Oreo Cookies

Ingredients on the box of cake mix

Non-stick spray

Mix the cake mix according to the instructions on the box

Break up the Oreo cookies into bite sites pieces and add them to the cake mixture.

Spray the microwave container with the non-spray.

Pour the cake batter into the container and cover it.

Bake in the microwave for fifteen minutes. Cooking times can vary depending on your microwave.

After your cake is done cooking, let it stand in your microwave for three minutes.

Remove from microwave and invert onto a plate.

Remove the lid off of your frosting. Remove the foil off your frosting as well. Please container of frosting with both lid and seal removed for approximately one minute. Pour frosting slowly and evening over your cake.

Place cake in Frig to cool. Serve as is or with your favorite ice cream

Easy Cake :)

Box of cake mix, any flavor

Regular size can of pie filling, any flavor

3 eggs

Non-stick Spray

Mix the ingredients together well. Pour in a microwave container spray with non-stick spray. Cook 8 to 12 minutes, depending on your microwave. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes and serve.

Cinnamon and Sugar Coffee Cake

One box of yellow cake mix

Ingredients listed on the box

Sugar for Sprinkle topping

Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning

Mix box of cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Spray a microwave container and pour batter into container. Sprinkle the top with a mixture of sugar and Cinnamon/Vanilla seasoning. Microwave for approximately ten minutes. Let stand in microwave for two minutes.

Happy baking

Kitchen matters

Hi just wondering, how much did the oven cost you? We're toying with the idea of a convection/microwave-in-one to save space too.

hi, i recently bought a microwave/convection/ grille oven frm LG

model is MC7646UQ http://www.lge.com/sg/home-appliance/micro...n-MC-7646UQ.jsp for $329 at Gain City

The outlook is very pretty and has all functions in 1 oven.

Edited by crystal cloud

Hi

Sorry I totally forgotten i posted this and didnt come back to check on it. I can't remember the price i got but it was around <$300 and i got a pink kitchenaid.

So i've been using my oven, i made scones the other day and cookies as well. turned out fine with the convection setting. Regarding the part on not being able to use baking tins -- i realise I "maybe" wrong.

While walking in a mall, I saw SAMSUNG doing a demo on all their household appliances and one of them was a microwave with convection feature. Inside was a muffin tray with muffin batter being baked! So i asked the guy how is it that he could use a muffin tray in it and he says, under convection its possible.

I googled a bit more and found a US manual version of my microwave convection model and it states under convection it's ok to use baking tin but not under microwave option. I can even use foil!

I tested foil under convection and it was ok, there was no sparks, not like how I first put foil in the microwave in my parents house when i was a young kid and saw sparks flying inside.

So here i am asking again (as a reconfirmation if possible) --- has anyone used a baking tin in a microwave UNDER convection mode to make cakes, breads etc etc?

Microwave with Convection mode owners -- begging you for an answer!

Hi

Sorry I totally forgotten i posted this and didnt come back to check on it. I can't remember the price i got but it was around <$300 and i got a pink kitchenaid.

So i've been using my oven, i made scones the other day and cookies as well. turned out fine with the convection setting. Regarding the part on not being able to use baking tins -- i realise I "maybe" wrong.

While walking in a mall, I saw SAMSUNG doing a demo on all their household appliances and one of them was a microwave with convection feature. Inside was a muffin tray with muffin batter being baked! So i asked the guy how is it that he could use a muffin tray in it and he says, under convection its possible.

I googled a bit more and found a US manual version of my microwave convection model and it states under convection it's ok to use baking tin but not under microwave option. I can even use foil!

I tested foil under convection and it was ok, there was no sparks, not like how I first put foil in the microwave in my parents house when i was a young kid and saw sparks flying inside.

So here i am asking again (as a reconfirmation if possible) --- has anyone used a baking tin in a microwave UNDER convection mode to make cakes, breads etc etc?

Hi,

I have the same microwave/convection oven as you. I use the convection setting quite frequently for baking cookies and cakes. No problem at all. Just follow instructions on your recipes but have to experiment a bit as the temperature controls are not as exact as actual convection ovens. The only drawback is that you are limited by the size of the oven, so you have to get bakeware that fits. Hope this help. Happy baking!

Hi

i'm using a microwave + convection + steam oven from panasonic. have been using foil while baking and grilling things with no problem. in fact, the grilling rack that comes with the oven is made of metal... ;)

like what the samsung salesman says... under convection function, it should be ok.

I am using Panasonic Microwave/Convection oven.

When I am using convection setting, i can use any tins or tray, just like a normal convection oven. Remember to only use microwavable materials when you are in microwave mode.

For example, maybe forgot to take out the spoon out, etc.

Hi all

hi hi, how much u bought this model? how issit serving you? cleaning ok? thanks :help: