Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivan_sg

Where To Buy A Joven Storage Water Heater?

Thank you Dr Anarchy!!

I will give the 25L another try!

The previous studio sold liao so dun need to care about that heater anymore. hahaha.

bluefrog,

I have a 25L tank, 25E model (energy saving etc etc). The retainion of the heat is fantastic. Almost functioning like instant heater. For example, I bathe at 7pm and next morning I bathe at 7am without waiting for the tank to be fully heated, I still have supply of warm water.

But heat is a very individual feeling. It depends on the distance of your storage tank to your MBR, the age of the tank, the type of piping used.

25l is definitely sufficient. I suspect your tank's heating element may be faulty and it should still be covered under warranty. Time to dig out your warranty card and see how well is Joven's aftersales customer service :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Is it advisable to have 1 water heater storage tank to each bathroom or share, say 1 tank for 2 bathrooms?

We have 5 bathrooms in the house. Contractor is advising us to install 1 tank (25L) for each bathroom for faster heating and better water pressure. I am wondering if it is necessary? Anyone has experience having one heater tank to serve more than 1 bathroom for landed house? Any issue with heating and water pressure? We are interested in Joven.

Having a very bad experience with Joven Storage heater servicing and repair. Please think twice before calling them for repair, they are not flexible and they push to installer fault only after the 3 visits. furious.gif They sucks !!!!

I got my Joven water heaterm JH25 at Everjoin electrical in AMK ave 4.

It has been around for quite some time and their price is pretty awesome as compared.

Got them to do the installation as well and I can say it is pretty well done. No issue till date after several months.

Just an add on, can also check on their kdk ceiling fan, price and installation are competitive with the other shops.

Hi,

Is it advisable to have 1 water heater storage tank to each bathroom or share, say 1 tank for 2 bathrooms?

We have 5 bathrooms in the house. Contractor is advising us to install 1 tank (25L) for each bathroom for faster heating and better water pressure. I am wondering if it is necessary? Anyone has experience having one heater tank to serve more than 1 bathroom for landed house? Any issue with heating and water pressure? We are interested in Joven.

Have been using the joven jh50 in my house to supply hot water to 3 bathrooms and 2 kitchen sinks since 2001. No problem with heating and water pressure, but it recently started tripping the mains. I figured since I've used it for 13 years it doesn't make sense for me to get it repaired, so I replaced it with a new set.

Bought the new model jh50he from Everjoin for $295, am happy with it so far.

Have been using the joven jh50 in my house to supply hot water to 3 bathrooms and 2 kitchen sinks since 2001. No problem with heating and water pressure, but it recently started tripping the mains. I figured since I've used it for 13 years it doesn't make sense for me to get it repaired, so I replaced it with a new set.

Bought the new model jh50he from Everjoin for $295, am happy with it so far.

So safe to say that if i have two bathrooms only, JH 35 HE should suffice?

Having a very bad experience with Joven Storage heater servicing and repair. Please think twice before calling them for repair, they are not flexible and they push to installer fault only after the 3 visits. furious.gif They sucks !!!!

Hi mikecjw, what happened? How long did you have your heater for before you need servicing and repair?

So safe to say that if i have two bathrooms only, JH 35 HE should suffice?

hi hi alphaev7

have u been using joven all along?

trying to still look out for brands to buy...

hi hi alphaev7

have u been using joven all along?

trying to still look out for brands to buy...

no, have not used a storage heater before. Looking to get a 25L or 35L joven.

Any advise on the sizing people?

it depends on how you'll be using it ... do consider the following:

a) how many outlets the heater will be supplying to?

general rule, more outlets needs bigger tank to cater for times when multiple outlets are used at same time. imagine a tank having to supply hot water for someone bathing at both bathrooms, someone washing dishes at basin, etc.

b) how many people using it?

if only 2 (just husb & wife), then maybe a smallish one like 25L would do. if bigger family (e.g. 5 or 6 persons) and likely that >1 bathrooms may be drawing hot water at same time, then suggest the 35L as the water may not heat up fast enough to supply both bathrooms, may end up with uneven temp like what we experience in some small hotels.

c) where and how big a space you have to mount the heater?

sharing my personal experience...

i started with a really small 15L Tecno water heater as it was intended to supply hot water to only the rain shower set in my HDB flat's master bathroom; common bathroom serviced by an instant heater (also as a backup) and there's only 2 of us. on hind sight, i should have paid a little more for a better and bigger heater. i sometimes find myself experiencing uneven water temp and to make things worse, the heater broke down in less than 2 years, water was leaking out badly from the body. called/emailed Tecno about the problem and was told the 5 years warranty does not cover the gasket which "broke", repairs costs about $160+. Tecno then offered a replacement unit (same model) at discounted price since it is not economical to repair the $200 heater. decided that I've had enough and turned down the offer.

what's next? bought the Jovan JH25HE from Jerone at $235 and had it installed for $100; been using it for 1½ weeks.

although we can't compare water capacity since they are 10L apart, the 2 heaters have a clear distinct diff... water heats up faster and is hotter from the Jovan. previously, i had to turn the mixer more towards the "hot" side (more flow from hot source) to get my desired temp. now, mixer is turned more towards the "cold" side. in fact, i'm thinking of tapping the Jovan for hot water to my common bathroom's shower. hmmm... DIY project?

bottom line is, i should have paid another $35 to get the Jovan 25L instead of buying the 15L for $200 in the first place. now hoping that the Jovan will last longer, i'ld be happy at around 6-8 years.

Edited by josephsbs

Hi u mentioned u bought the water heater from Jerone? Can u recommend me? I need the contact or detail. Heard from bad review from everjoint so guess not getting from them as their installation review is bad.

it depends on how you'll be using it ... do consider the following:

a) how many outlets the heater will be supplying to?

general rule, more outlets needs bigger tank to cater for times when multiple outlets are used at same time. imagine a tank having to supply hot water for someone bathing at both bathrooms, someone washing dishes at basin, etc.

b) how many people using it?

if only 2 (just husb & wife), then maybe a smallish one like 25L would do. if bigger family (e.g. 5 or 6 persons) and likely that >1 bathrooms may be drawing hot water at same time, then suggest the 35L as the water may not heat up fast enough to supply both bathrooms, may end up with uneven temp like what we experience in some small hotels.

c) where and how big a space you have to mount the heater?

sharing my personal experience...

i started with a really small 15L Tecno water heater as it was intended to supply hot water to only the rain shower set in my HDB flat's master bathroom; common bathroom serviced by an instant heater (also as a backup) and there's only 2 of us. on hind sight, i should have paid a little more for a better and bigger heater. i sometimes find myself experiencing uneven water temp and to make things worse, the heater broke down in less than 2 years, water was leaking out badly from the body. called/emailed Tecno about the problem and was told the 5 years warranty does not cover the gasket which "broke", repairs costs about $160+. Tecno then offered a replacement unit (same model) at discounted price since it is not economical to repair the $200 heater. decided that I've had enough and turned down the offer.

what's next? bought the Jovan JH25HE from Jerone at $235 and had it installed for $100; been using it for 1½ weeks.

although we can't compare water capacity since they are 10L apart, the 2 heaters have a clear distinct diff... water heats up faster and is hotter from the Jovan. previously, i had to turn the mixer more towards the "hot" side (more flow from hot source) to get my desired temp. now, mixer is turned more towards the "cold" side. in fact, i'm thinking of tapping the Jovan for hot water to my common bathroom's shower. hmmm... DIY project?

bottom line is, i should have paid another $35 to get the Jovan 25L instead of buying the 15L for $200 in the first place. now hoping that the Jovan will last longer, i'ld be happy at around 6-8 years.