Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skn16

Common brands of water closet (WC)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

which is better?

American Standard or Rigel?

Contractor recommends Rigel, seems like American Std more expensive then Rigel though. Any reason?

:yamseng:

I just bought 2 WCs from Hoe Kee. American Standard. The model is called Acacia. 1 piece. Very nice.

I bought this for my mother's house when I helped her in her renovation last year. I looked at the American Standard catalogue and was again drawn to the Acacia. So I decided to get 2! (My current home has Laufen WCs and I don't think highly of them at all).

The SA informed me that these days, the distance from the wall to the centre of the hole is 6". Only in old houses/apartments that the distance is further out from the wall at 12". I bought the PVC offset just in case anyway. This model of WC by the way, is flexible enough to be used for both 6" and 12" as it has the right sized fittings for either. When you order the WC, you just need to specify what you need.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Hi

anyone who has the problem of not enough water flushing from the back?could it need a larger pump? help needed fast..TIA

Hi,

I'd like to change my toilet bowl, basin and add a vanity cabinet at my master room toilet. Any recommended steps? We intend to do simple DIY renovation for 5room resale? But dunno where to start :D

So any kind soul willing to help step by step?

any FEEDBACK on TOTO WC???

Hi All,

Does anybody have any good experience on the TOTO brand WC? I am thinking of buying the TOTO CW821PJ for my bathroom. Unfortunately, I came across a few friends complaint about the TOTO WC flushing system. Even though is a Japanese brand, this day the TOTO range of products produce in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Thanks

I am also new in this WC biz... My friends recommended TOTO, but not sure if it's really good and worth the $$. My budget is about $600 per WC...

This shop intro Gustavasverg, said from Sweden, anyone has comments? Pls advise.. thanks!

On 6/4/2007 at 11:45 PM, Chunky Monkey said:

I just bought 2 WCs from Hoe Kee. American Standard. The model is called Acacia. 1 piece. Very nice.

I bought this for my mother's house when I helped her in her renovation last year. I looked at the American Standard catalogue and was again drawn to the Acacia. So I decided to get 2! (My current home has Laufen WCs and I don't think highly of them at all).

The SA informed me that these days, the distance from the wall to the centre of the hole is 6". Only in old houses/apartments that the distance is further out from the wall at 12". I bought the PVC offset just in case anyway. This model of WC by the way, is flexible enough to be used for both 6" and 12" as it has the right sized fittings for either. When you order the WC, you just need to specify what you need.

Hi Chunky Monkey! I read one of your posts where you mentioned you bought 2 pieces of American standard Acacia evolution toilet bowls (1 piece).

I just got one, and realised that after installation, the back of the toilet bowl is not fully leaning flat against the wall, but rather there is quite a big gap.

Was yours like that too? Won't the gap get dirty?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,

Samuel

On 12/9/2016 at 5:39 PM, yusoliddat said:

Hi Chunky Monkey! I read one of your posts where you mentioned you bought 2 pieces of American standard Acacia evolution toilet bowls (1 piece).

I just got one, and realised that after installation, the back of the toilet bowl is not fully leaning flat against the wall, but rather there is quite a big gap.

Was yours like that too? Won't the gap get dirty?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regards,

Samuel

wah likely the fella won't reply u from a 2007 post.  yes, it will get dirty, just keep your place dry. there is nothing u can do about it. the hole is there so piping can run through from the bottom. only thing is whether the hole is big or small and especially p-trap wc have these.