Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
munnah

Tv Feature Wall

Hi all,

is a 9 ft feature wall too large? Will it make the living room look smaller?

we jus got a new hse and our id quoted us for a 9 ft feature wall.. we wondering issit too much

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it really depends on various factors like:

- size of tv (u wouldnt want to put a small 32" on a 9ft wall, right?)

- design of the feature wall (need really innovative design to bring out the grandness)

- ur budget (cos e bigger it is, e more it cost)

u can see my t-blog for tv feature wall design. it costs me almost 2K :D

The size really depends on alot of factors.. ur tv dimensions, ur wall size, ur living room space, color of the feature wall etc... my IDs have quoted me from 12 ft (even when my wall is only 3-4m long) to the current 7.2ft x 6.5ft..

Tink if u have a simple suspended, unclutter feature wall which is in a light color tone, it shldnt make the room look smaller.

Hi all,

we jus got a new hse and our id quoted us for a 9 ft feature wall.. we wondering issit too much

[/quote

Depends on your area of the living room.

Mine was 8.5ft look just nice.

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I am looking for supplier who does "tea" or 茶 colour mirrors for my TV console sides. Can anyone recommend where I can find them ?

Thanks. ;)

Hi all,

just like others said, it all depend on your hall size... mine only 6ftL.

<!--quoteo(post=505703:date=Feb 20 2010, 07:13 AM:name=melvin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melvin @ Feb 20 2010, 07:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=505703"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i intend to do a 14ft long feature wall...hehe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

See picture of mine. console is customised 8ft full-teak, if add 3 pilers = 10ft.

<a href="http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6113/dscn0736.jpg" target="_blank">http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6113/dscn0736.jpg</a>

Hi,

How much did that Tv Console and Wall Feature cost you? And where did you get the console?

The biggest LED TV currently is 60"; TV feature wall is use for conceal those ugly wiring together with a console at the bottom or maybe a wall hung audio cabinet by the side, no need to be very gigantic size and no need to have fanciful laminate. If need lighting effect, just stick 4 pieces of T5 light or LED strip all round at the back of TV.

The biggest LED TV currently is 60"; TV feature wall is use for conceal those ugly wiring together with a console at the bottom or maybe a wall hung audio cabinet by the side, no need to be very gigantic size and no need to have fanciful laminate. If need lighting effect, just stick 4 pieces of T5 light or LED strip all round at the back of TV.

How about the main swithc of off the tv, it is hidden inside the feature wall also?

How about the main swithc of off the tv, it is hidden inside the feature wall also?

I am thinking having one row of Eubiq sockets on the feature wall just under the TV as I require 10+ power points around that area. Not sure whether will look weird.