Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kelvintan81

Instant Water Heater Or Drum Heater

i prefer the higher water pressure that comes with using a storage heater.

Actually, regarding the electricity wastage, the power bill for my place actually goes down after i got a storage heater to replace 2x instant heaters..

Good the hear that. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i prefer the higher water pressure that comes with using a storage heater.

Actually, regarding the electricity wastage, the power bill for my place actually goes down after i got a storage heater to replace 2x instant heaters..

hi wolflet,

can check if it's true tat if u have a storage heater, u need to pour away excess water in the storage tank for the day if u r not going to use water anymore? tis was what i heard from my frd

hi wolflet,

can check if it's true tat if u have a storage heater, u need to pour away excess water in the storage tank for the day if u r not going to use water anymore? tis was what i heard from my frd

nvr did that. went for a week long holiday. came back, turn on the power and showered after 15 mins.. no problem to the water tho..

Hi gene,

i m also from pinnacle. tks for sharing abt the bennington multi-point heater. can it support rain shower? how's the water pressure from the bennington heater? thanks! still deciding whether to get the storage tank heater or this?

It takes around 20 minutes to warm it up ler

http://www.joven-electric.com/product_elec.../horizontal.asp

20 mins is only for the 1st tank of cold water after installing.... thereafter, it only takes 5-10 mins on daily basis....

in fact if you switch it on in the morning for shower, go work, come home at night, you still can get hot water without even switching on again.... joven is able to retain the heat for whole day......

20 mins is only for the 1st tank of cold water after installing.... thereafter, it only takes 5-10 mins on daily basis....

in fact if you switch it on in the morning for shower, go work, come home at night, you still can get hot water without even switching on again.... joven is able to retain the heat for whole day......

yup. using a joven at home and has no problem showering without turning on the power at night after showering in the afternoon.

but my wife prefers scalding temperature and thus, doesnt work for her. :D

My contractor only use 1 IN and 1 OUT only. I notice got 3 outlet but I think the other 1 is for pressure release ( safety feature ).

Hi,

so does it mean that the 3rd outlet is left empty? cos my current SWH is Ariston brand & uses 2outlet only. I am thinking of switching to JOVEN after reading the reviews cos my ariston is leaking.

wana go get JOVEN but worried that might have to do additional piping for the 3rd outlet.

Please advise. Thanks. :)

Dear Pinnacle Residents,

recently i just install a water heater storage type. But i notice one thing for my flat, in order to turn on the water heater i can only on it using the heater switch locate near the living room.

But the swtich outside the common toilet and MBR toilet can't turn on the storage heater.

Anyone encounter the same also?

was told that if install storage type, the only way to on is via the switch near living room

the switch for common and MBR is for those who wanna install individual instant heater.

Can verify whether is it true?

Thanks

Dear Pinnacle Residents,

recently i just install a water heater storage type. But i notice one thing for my flat, in order to turn on the water heater i can only on it using the heater switch locate near the living room.

But the swtich outside the common toilet and MBR toilet can't turn on the storage heater.

was told that if install storage type, the only way to on is via the switch near living room

the switch for common and MBR is for those who wanna install individual instant heater.

Thanks

doubt its true. coz my storage heater has an interconnect switch system. 1 outside bathroom, the other outside MBR. so i can on and off the heater from either side

doubt its true. coz my storage heater has an interconnect switch system. 1 outside bathroom, the other outside MBR. so i can on and off the heater from either side

It's because you are using 2-way switch for your heater.

The one posted might not have 2-way switch.

It's because you are using 2-way switch for your heater.

The one posted might not have 2-way switch.

my in laws recently installed an ariston storage heater and they used back the switch for their instant heater that was located outside their bathroom.

Dear Pinnacle Residents,

Thanks

one water heater is only link to one switch. unless there is a two way switch or the owner request which switch for on and off before install.

normally it will be install in the common toilet. if as wat you had mention the only switch is in the living room then where will the storage heater will be installed? :unsure:

Storage heater allows you to share more then 1 outlet, like basin & shower point, but it is bulky, cost more and waste electricity. Instant electric heater allows only 1 outlet point and is a problem in new flats with conceal piping already laid for mixer taps to more then 1 outlets. I bought an instant multipoint electric water heater by a local manufacturer, 'BENNINGTON" and it actually combines the advantages of normal storage and instant heater and it was working well for the past 3 yrs. Recently bought another piece for my Pinnacle house.

Hi Gene,

Can you use this with the rain shower? Able to advise the cost and warranty period.

Any links that I can check it out!

Thanks