Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aragosta

Most Unpleasant, Most Frustrating Experience In Novena

Good day to all!

I feel that I have the obligations to share my experience with all who are buying furniture for ur new home. The worst kind of services imaginable, from Novena.

Story as follows :

3rd Jan 2010

My wife and I went to SHAW PLAZA's NOVENA to take a look for our Sofa, Dining table and Coffee table. 1 of our criteria when purchasing them is the availability of stock, meaning they must have ready stock. Eventually, we settled down on all our items and purchase another storage stool which cost $99. Total 4 items. Delivery date is set to 16th of Jan.

15th Jan 2010

Morning : The sales girl called me telling me that my sofa got no stock, so got to wait for the shipment, which is somewhere near 5th of Feb. Told her i got to discuss with my wife, and will get back to her shortly.

After discussing with my wife, we decide to wait for the shipment but we need a confirmed date. This is when all the **** begin.

Called her but never answer.

Sms her but never reply.

Decide to wait for her to reply or call instead.

Afternoon : The sofa supplier called me tell me that they will delivered the sofa tomorrow (16th of Jan) between 4pm - 6pm. Was thinking maybe she had sort it out and called my wife to informed her. Decide to sms the sales girl as well.

Evening : The sales girl sms me asking who is that supplier and i was like WTF? supplier is from ur company yet u had to ask me who ur supplier was. But nonetheless, i gave her the number and ask her to update me. After a few hours, still no news. So decide to call her and sms her.

Sms her but never reply.

Nothing we can, so we sleep on it till the next day.

16th of Jan (Day of delivery for all my purchases)

As our washing machine, dryer, mattress, fridge, tv, HTS are all set to be delivered on today, so we decide to wait for the sales girl call while we settle the other delivery first. Again, we decide to try our luck and call and sms her.

Sms her but never reply.

As the last of our item for the day have arrive, she sms me saying EVERYTHING except the storage stool will be delayed for 2 MONTHS! Of course we cannot accept this and we are **** pissed at her already, so we ask for the manager's number and to speak directly to him/her. She told me to wait out while she consult her store manager.

After another hour, she smsus saying tht her manager, as a kind gesture, decide to let us choose another sofa at a discount price. They are willing to loan us a dining set and coffee table till they arrive. At that time, we don't care for these things anymore, and all we ask for is the full refund. The level of customer service is too much for us to take the risk of it happening again. So we sms her of our intention and said we will be gg down to her store for the refund and to cancel the delivery of the storage stool.

When we reach the store, we ask for the sale girl but she wasn't around. So we decide to ask for the manager and guess what! The sales girl was actually the STORE MANAGER! Unbelievable! We told the cashier of our the situation and she took the invoice and check it out for us. More suprises!

Out of everything, Only the sofa is out of stock! The dining table and coffee table are in stock! Imagine our fury! We insist on our refund and they counter-offer us again with a discount of another model. I told her in a loud voice (By then i had lost my cool) that," Please don't be mistaken by our pressence here. We are not here to create a commotion so u would give us a discount. We had enough of NOVENA's nonsense and would like to have our money back, Thank You"

The commotion had attracted the attention of some customers, so they decide to let us have our refund.

All in all, we lost about $60 in cab fare, 2 days worth of time but we gain a stomach full of anger. If she had let us know earlier, we can still salvage the situation but 1 day before delivery? we had to re-arrange the house warming and to calculate another date to move in now. Worst of it's kind, Novena the screw up furniture store.

If u really had to buy stuff from Novena, please avoid SHAW PLAZA at BALESTIAR road. Please avoid BELINDA too.

rdgs,

justin

Edited by Aragosta

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Good day to all!

I feel that I have the obligations to share my experience with all who are buying furniture for ur new home. The worst kind of services imaginable, from Novena.

Story as follows :

3rd Jan 2010

My wife and I went to SHAW PLAZA's NOVENA to take a look for our Sofa, Dining table and Coffee table. 1 of our criteria when purchasing them is the availability of stock, meaning they must have ready stock. Eventually, we settled down on all our items and purchase another storage stool which cost $99. Total 4 items. Delivery date is set to 16th of Jan.

15th Jan 2010

Morning : The sales girl called me telling me that my sofa got no stock, so got to wait for the shipment, which is somewhere near 5th of Feb. Told her i got to discuss with my wife, and will get back to her shortly.

After discussing with my wife, we decide to wait for the shipment but we need a confirmed date. This is when all the **** begin.

Sms her but never reply.

Afternoon : The sofa supplier called me tell me that they will delivered the sofa tomorrow (16th of Jan) between 4pm - 6pm. Was thinking maybe she had sort it out and called my wife to informed her. Decide to sms the sales girl as well.

Evening : The sales girl sms me asking who is that supplier and i was like WTF? supplier is from ur company yet u had to ask me who ur supplier was. But nonetheless, i gave her the number and ask her to update me. After a few hours, still no news. So decide to call her and sms her.

Sms her but never reply.

As our washing machine, dryer, mattress, fridge, tv, HTS are all set to be delivered on today, so we decide to wait for the sales girl call while we settle the other delivery first. Again, we decide to try our luck and call and sms her.

Sms her but never reply.

As the last of our item for the day have arrive, she sms me saying EVERYTHING except the storage stool will be delayed for 2 MONTHS! Of course we cannot accept this and we are **** pissed at her already, so we ask for the manager's number and to speak directly to him/her. She told me to wait out while she consult her store manager.

After another hour, she smsus saying tht her manager, as a kind gesture, decide to let us choose another sofa at a discount price. They are willing to loan us a dining set and coffee table till they arrive. At that time, we don't care for these things anymore, and all we ask for is the full refund. The level of customer service is too much for us to take the risk of it happening again. So we sms her of our intention and said we will be gg down to her store for the refund and to cancel the delivery of the storage stool.

When we reach the store, we ask for the sale girl but she wasn't around. So we decide to ask for the manager and guess what! The sales girl was actually the STORE MANAGER! Unbelievable! We told the cashier of our the situation and she took the invoice and check it out for us. More suprises!

Out of everything, Only the sofa is out of stock! The dining table and coffee table are in stock! Imagine our fury! We insist on our refund and they counter-offer us again with a discount of another model. I told her in a loud voice (By then i had lost my cool) that," Please don't be mistaken by our pressence here. We are not here to create a commotion so u would give us a discount. We had enough of NOVENA's nonsense and would like to have our money back, Thank You"

The commotion had attracted the attention of some customers, so they decide to let us have our refund.

All in all, we lost about $60 in cab fare, 2 days worth of time but we gain a stomach full of anger. If she had let us know earlier, we can still salvage the situation but 1 day before delivery? we had to re-arrange the house warming and to calculate another date to move in now. Worst of it's kind, Novena the screw up furniture store.

If u really had to buy stuff from Novena, please avoid SHAW PLAZA at BALESTIAR road. Please avoid BELINDA too.

rdgs,

justin

Thanks for the advice on this Novena.

Good day to all!

Story as follows :

3rd Jan 2010

15th Jan 2010

Sms her but never reply.

Sms her but never reply.

Sms her but never reply.

rdgs,

justin

hi justin, i certainly agrees with you..i also bot some furnitures abt 7yrs ago & was certainly turn off with their service...they recruit hooligans to be their sales staff! when i went down to their ex-marina branch to ask for an exchange, their sales staff even bang their tables & shout at us! even when i complained to their mgmt also no use....

Edited by tlenggeok

Yeah man..I believe there are still good furniture store out there..just that we need to be careful of the black sheep.

Thankfully i manage to get my stuff from Mondi and even luckier, they are able to deliver this week.

Hope everything goes smoothly this time..hehe..

Btw, anyone know where is the shop "Coloursofthewall" or "coloursofmywall". Supposingly they sell paintings but i cannot find any additional info on the net leh.

Anyone can help?

hi justin, found your comment after having the same bad experience with the furniture shop located in Akira building opposite IMM:bangwall: The service there really suck! First they serve you with sincere face and once you signed the paper, that's the end. Would disappear right away like japanese ninja. Dont bother to call their hotline because they either pick up the call after let you wait for 5 minutes or just would not pick up. I tried a few time and a girl, called Ivy there finally pickup the call and ask me to provide a lot of info like the invoice no. contact no and etc. But after that no reply at all. Call again ask the same question again said they will contact me one or two days later. What the fish, like calling for fun wait for another week still the same.,... I had waited for the furniture to arrive over a month from the day i purchased. Now coming to Chinese new year, I already giving up to call them. Thinking of go to CASE to settle the issue. If any brother or sister here got the same experience, i advise you save you time, go strict to CASE complaint. Should not allow this kind of black shop operate inSingapore and with so many outlet somemore...

hi justin, found your comment after having the same bad experience with the furniture shop located in Akira building opposite IMM:bangwall: The service there really suck! First they serve you with sincere face and once you signed the paper, that's the end. Would disappear right away like japanese ninja. Dont bother to call their hotline because they either pick up the call after let you wait for 5 minutes or just would not pick up. I tried a few time and a girl, called Ivy there finally pickup the call and ask me to provide a lot of info like the invoice no. contact no and etc. But after that no reply at all. Call again ask the same question again said they will contact me one or two days later. What the fish, like calling for fun wait for another week still the same.,... I had waited for the furniture to arrive over a month from the day i purchased. Now coming to Chinese new year, I already giving up to call them. Thinking of go to CASE to settle the issue. If any brother or sister here got the same experience, i advise you save you time, go strict to CASE complaint. Should not allow this kind of black shop operate inSingapore and with so many outlet somemore...

Hi Justin,

I have the similar experience with this company. The after-service is bad. There was a tear in the sofa set which they delivered and they send only someone to sew it back. The guy who came for the repair was rude and unfriendly and demanding for the balance payment after the repair as we were not sure if it lasts. Well, ..just luck...

I also bought a sofa set and dining table set from Novena Furniture and Furnishings in Sept 2009. I requested that I will inform them again when to deliver as my unit had not TOP.

So in March 2010, I called them to inform them that they can schedule the delivery. They scheduled it on 10 April 2010. They set the time to deliver at 3-5pm. But they reached my place at 2pm. End up, the renovation that was still on-going had to be rushed to complete.

The dining table they delivered got scratched by the installer. They also forgot to bring the dining chairs! The sofa had a dent and cracked leather. Totally unbelievable quality control.

So they arranged for another delivery date for the dining chairs and replacement dining table. They scheduled on 16 April 2010 and came with the chairs. But without the legs! The replacement dining table was even worse quality than the previous one!

We called the customer service line but the staff always said the manager was busy, not around etc. We informed the staff to get the manager to call us. To date, we are waiting for the call.

Please avoid shopping at Novena Furniture and Furnishings for your own sanity!

I didn't have your problems... Their delivery was on time and they called a day before delivery....

But the quality of their products are pretty bad... I rejected a sideboard from them and i can only say i sympathise with the delivery guys....

I told them i am sorry that i cannot accept the sideboard and they accepted and they said they understand... The look that they gave me was like they were used to buyers not accepting novena products...

Feel so sad for them... that they have to pay with their sweat for the lousy workmanship...

When the replacement came, it was not good condition as well... but I accepted it as the defects were too small to be fussy about...

another victim checking in.

my bad for not doing research on this shop. Anyway, purchased a coffee table and dining table set in Feb and requested delivery to be done in on 30 Apr. A lady called me yesterday 8pm to say that the coffee table is out of stock and ETA date is end May! When I asked her for a confirmed date of delivery for the coffee table, she couldn't give me a reply. that means I have to wait till June or even later for one pathetic coffee table. The first thing that flashed my mind was -- wtf were they doing when I gave them more than 2 months' notice and now they come and tell me there's no stock with only 2 more working days to go before the actual delivery date?

Anyway, same stories as the preceeding ones. Tried calling them to cancel the order for the coffee table and get my refund back I don't want to "play around" with their nonsense. All of them are on leave. Can only call again tomorrow as one of them was said to be returning tomorrow.

I have no choice but to try my luck again tomorrow.

Folks pls stay away from this shop.

just to share..

me and my wife went to the furniture fair at expo sometime in May 2011. we saw a dining table which we like and we were told that the shipment is in mid june. we paid full as its their policy and we waited.

about mid june and my sales person called me and say my shipment will be delayed till early july. i was angry but after discussing with my wife we say ok we will wait.

early july came and the same salesperson called me and say my shipment will be delayed till end july. i was pissed off. the guy reassured me that it will be here and i say ok you better make it happen.

now is end july and the same guy called me and say it will be after national day. KKN~!!!!!

So sorri to hear tat.

never never pay in full.(Even if watever they told u,like company's policy lah..tis & tat)

Just walk away..there are so many furniture shops,am sure u b able to gt what u wan.

If not you are in the losing end shd things cock up midway..

**Get them to write down black & white in the receipt.

Sad to say,most of the time..its the logistic dept tats creating all tis nonsense.

The frontline ppl might be knowledgeable & helpful in one way or another(tat convince u to sign on the dotted line.

But once things left their "area of work",they dont have much power to control things,it falls into the hands of their logistic company.

tats where e nonsense starts to come in.

Hope u resolve it asap.

Arogosrta, 3 years later and I had a near identical experience!!! They are hopeless. I was silly to play in advance, and have wasted a lot of time dealing with these jokers. Seriously, I wish we could do something to stop this from happening again to anyone else.

My experience with Novena. In short, before i confirm my order with them. Ready stocks he said and delivery could be done within 10 days. Upon confirmation and paying for my order, stocks available only a month later and the reason the saleman gave was that he could only know the availability of their stocks and delivery after keying in confirmed order into their system.

Just 3 days before the given delivery date, Novena logistic called me and claim that they discover some defects with my order and I have to wait for the next shipment which is a month later??? I'm utterly disappointed with their service and unprofessional way of doing business. Therefore, I would like to advice ppl looking for straightforward deals (you pay and they deliver as agreed)to check their credibility.

My review for Novena furniture and furnishings are about the same. bought sofa table chairs bed with them at expo show last year and few days before delivery say quality problem with the stock cannot deliver.the delivery require 3 months notice and about to deliver then call. I say I cannot wait and want full refund. after some discussion and few days of ding dong, they say I had to change to another model or wait another 1 month, refund is not possible. then threaten that if want play lemon law or CASE then he will just deliver the quality problem stock, wait until table break or what then settle with warranty.

wtf was that. but wedding is planned no choice so end up taking another model.

now the sofa sew seam came loose, don't know whether to claim warranty or let it go. cannot stand their nonsense.

Novena, castilla, natural living, barang barang, furniture and furnishings all operate by the same people.

please consider well the reviews here before buying from them.