Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fatz

Maintenace Charges

Hi all,

I bought a strata title unit back in Oct 2009, legal completion was early Dec 2009. The billing for maintenance charges came for this qaurter and I was shocked to a late charges from a b/f (unpaid) protion from the previous owner. Question here is can the managing agents do this? I was not the legal owner then so I do not see why I have to cough up the past due amount with penalty.

Anyone knows what is happening? You comments wil be appreciated

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I bought a strata title unit back in Oct 2009, legal completion was early Dec 2009. The billing for maintenance charges came for this qaurter and I was shocked to a late charges from a b/f (unpaid) protion from the previous owner. Question here is can the managing agents do this? I was not the legal owner then so I do not see why I have to cough up the past due amount with penalty.

ask ur lawyer.

The late charges should not bring forward to the new owner.

The previous owner should settle it.

Inform your maintenance office.

When seller selling the property. They need to show receipt that they had pay the maintenance fee, etc

So that whatever balance will be pro-rated into your account.

Your lawyer should have a letter indicate the amount had deduced for the property tax, maintenance fee, etc.

ask ur lawyer.

The late charges should not bring forward to the new owner.

The previous owner should settle it.

Inform your maintenance office.

When seller selling the property. They need to show receipt that they had pay the maintenance fee, etc

So that whatever balance will be pro-rated into your account.

Your lawyer should have a letter indicate the amount had deduced for the property tax, maintenance fee, etc.

that is what i thot...i have informed the maintenance office...they don;t care..citing Sect 47 (1) ©. i have forwarded the info to my convenyancing law firm..so far ntg heard.

this is will be first and ONLy time i am going to use this legal firm....big does not mean good ..LOL..thks anyways mate!

that is what i thot...i have informed the maintenance office...they don;t care..citing Sect 47 (1) ©. i have forwarded the info to my convenyancing law firm..so far ntg heard.

this is will be first and ONLy time i am going to use this legal firm....big does not mean good ..LOL..thks anyways mate!

I understand.

Come across a legal firm also darm (don't know what to say).

Hence I conclude Legal firm from Bank panel does not mean they are good.

However after this, I realize my 1st lawyer is pro and good. Hence we decide to use her back when we sold our property.

BTW, you direct dealing/talking to the lawyer in charge or just a business manager from the legal firm?

First of all, let's check the facts.

U mention is the "late charge" that is being in dispute. Not the actual maintenance charge.

It is common for managing agent to calculate late chages only after the MCST charges have been settled.

So upon completion, the lawyers may have settled the outstanding MCST charges. Only upon settlement, then the total late interest charges can be computed.

The issue is whether this outstanding late charges was made known to the lawyers before finalising the completion account.

It could be a case of the Managing Agent informing the new owner after the fact, then the lawyer is not at fault.

As to whether the late charges should be waived off, or pursue the previous owner, this is between managing agent and owner to settle.

Hi all,

Don't pay. What's the problem?

Hi all,

Throw it back to the lawyer handling ur conveyancing. They should have handled it properly before completion.

First of all, let's check the facts.

U mention is the "late charge" that is being in dispute. Not the actual maintenance charge.

It is common for managing agent to calculate late chages only after the MCST charges have been settled.

So upon completion, the lawyers may have settled the outstanding MCST charges. Only upon settlement, then the total late interest charges can be computed.

The issue is whether this outstanding late charges was made known to the lawyers before finalising the completion account.

It could be a case of the Managing Agent informing the new owner after the fact, then the lawyer is not at fault.

As to whether the late charges should be waived off, or pursue the previous owner, this is between managing agent and owner to settle.

According to the MA...bill outstanding since Oct09. So It is a case of he said she said...I am adamant abt not paying it. It is everyone else's fault except mine. LOL

Don't pay. What's the problem?

problem is it gets very awkward even before I move in lor....

Throw it back to the lawyer handling ur conveyancing. They should have handled it properly before completion.

yeap did that

I understand.

Come across a legal firm also darm (don't know what to say).

Hence I conclude Legal firm from Bank panel does not mean they are good.

However after this, I realize my 1st lawyer is pro and good. Hence we decide to use her back when we sold our property.

BTW, you direct dealing/talking to the lawyer in charge or just a business manager from the legal firm?

dealing with the admin/secretary only...I don't even know who the laywer in charge is....better go back and check documents....

dealing with the admin/secretary only...I don't even know who the laywer in charge is....better go back and check documents....

hope u keep all the SMS.

BTW, FYI. dealing with admin/secretary.

If they screw up the dealing, you can't complain to the law society.

B'coz they are not the lawyer

hope u keep all the SMS.

BTW, FYI. dealing with admin/secretary.

If they screw up the dealing, you can't complain to the law society.

B'coz they are not the lawyer

ah i c...ok no worries I got back to the lawyer in charge of my property. Must say their knowledge of matters not really comforting..but all sorted...phew!