Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thephantom

Bachelor Pad At Kovan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
whats your ceiling height?seems rather high..

Hi Melvin, the living room and bedrooms without false ceilings are 3.1m high. The kitchen and bathrooms are about 2.5m high.

i see that there are access panels in your false ceilings. though i know a lot of current day houses dont have... so wondering if i should get those done...or even those office kind of false ceilings... :P

hi melvin, you should install at least one access panel (450mmx450mm min) for each bathroom and kitchen if you have a storage heater in the ceiling. Also, if you have cassette or ducted aircon, an access panel (600mmx600mm) is required for servicing and maintenance of the aircon.

hi rondy, yeah... fortunately i got the ID to carry some space planning for me to maximize the available space and storage for the unit.

hi merydith, i was at first disappointed with the existing kitchen when i viewed the unit. but after discussing with my ID, we managed to work something out to make it feel more spacious via the hacking of the storeroom and relocating the kitchen sink. was at first hesitant on getting an ID to save cost but now i definitely have no regrets as she has done a great job in the end!

hi,

nice entertainment setup... :good:

im thinking of getting similar or thereabouts...

how much did it cost you from KEC?

did you use the default speaker cables or bought elsewhere?

YNWA,

El Nino

hi rondy, not a great cook/ baker but can survive. will definitely look out for the baking t-blog for inspiration.

hi torres, used their default cables for both the surround and front/centre speakers. the set up cost me $3.5k. highly recommended set up with the mid size living room space.

hi torres, used their default cables for both the surround and front/centre speakers. the set up cost me $3.5k. highly recommended set up with the mid size living room space.

haha...theres only one torres la...me el nino! :D

sweet...i guess for a viewing distance of abt 3.5m, procinema 600 should suffice for me then.

check with you, would it be weird if i put up both front speakers near the ceiling like your rear speakers? i.e. so that all 4 satelites kinda pointing downwards towards your seating position...

im not having feature wall so feel if placed on low console, sound from the front like kinda subdued? :unsure:

haha...theres only one torres la...me el nino! :D

sweet...i guess for a viewing distance of abt 3.5m, procinema 600 should suffice for me then.

check with you, would it be weird if i put up both front speakers near the ceiling like your rear speakers? i.e. so that all 4 satelites kinda pointing downwards towards your seating position...

im not having feature wall so feel if placed on low console, sound from the front like kinda subdued? :unsure:

haaha.. yes el nino.

i would suggest procinema 600 for the surround speakers and procinema 800 for the front speakers. to install the front speakers at ceiling level should be ok as you are able to adjust the speaker loudness accordingly. i have seen that set up in some houses previously. however the best configuration is always to have the speakers at ear level to have the best effect.

Edited by thephantom

aha! thanks for the tips...thats what i thought too...

i think worse case scenario i get speaker stands?

but kinda spoil it aesthetics wise i feel...

another thing to check, if you know...since the cables are laid within the

false ceiling, can i just unplug the speakers and swap the position?

i.e. TV from wall A to B, so front goes to back and vice versa.

will sound still come out right where its suppose to after the repositioning?

my wife likes to move things around now and then la...so hoping i can just swap around the

satelites when this happens...

aha! thanks for the tips...thats what i thought too...

i think worse case scenario i get speaker stands?

but kinda spoil it aesthetics wise i feel...

another thing to check, if you know...since the cables are laid within the

false ceiling, can i just unplug the speakers and swap the position?

i.e. TV from wall A to B, so front goes to back and vice versa.

will sound still come out right where its suppose to after the repositioning?

my wife likes to move things around now and then la...so hoping i can just swap around the

satelites when this happens...

hi el nino, the sound will still come out from the correct channels as long as the wires are not swapped. However, if the speakers are off different models, the sound coming out might be affected.

Bedroom 2/ Study

bedroom2_2.jpg

Bedroom 3

bedroom3-1.jpg

bedroom3_2-1.jpg

where are the main lights for the bedrooms? seems that there is only a fan in the middle and a wall light? is it bright enough? possible take some pics at night?

Edited by melvin